d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Desktop Window Manager High Gpu Usage
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,241.50
Nov 26 2022 05:38am
Small update:
Uninstalled 22H2 Updates (cumulative) under windows update and problem is gone....for now...
If problem comes back i will install 21H2.
Gold: 5,241.50
Nov 28 2022 07:42am
Another update and possible fix:
So...previous "fix" worked for 2 days. So i removed nvidia driver completely and made clean install.
Suddenly monitor (acer predator 2k gsync) started to flicker, had that flickering issue before, for long time, but this time it flickered a lot after driver reinstall.
At first i thought my gpu/monitor is toast...
Connected monitor with HDMI instead of DP... no issues...
Googled similar issues and found that few people had similar cases and fix was:

Connect monitor with both DP and HDMI to gpu but use DP to be able to use high refresh rate and gsync.
No issues what so ever... no idea what connecting HDMI fixes, but hey, i dont complain...
Hopefully it will help other people also.
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Nov 28 2022 08:30am
Quote (Jossu_69 @ Nov 28 2022 06:42am)
Another update and possible fix:
So...previous "fix" worked for 2 days. So i removed nvidia driver completely and made clean install.
Suddenly monitor (acer predator 2k gsync) started to flicker, had that flickering issue before, for long time, but this time it flickered a lot after driver reinstall.
At first i thought my gpu/monitor is toast...
Connected monitor with HDMI instead of DP... no issues...
Googled similar issues and found that few people had similar cases and fix was:

Connect monitor with both DP and HDMI to gpu but use DP to be able to use high refresh rate and gsync.
No issues what so ever... no idea what connecting HDMI fixes, but hey, i dont complain...
Hopefully it will help other people also.

Flickering sounds like insulation issues with your cables to the monitor FYI.

One time I replaced every component of my pc because I was lagging one by one and I ended up having a bad monitor.. Lol. High quality cables are needed for DP especially. Glad you got it figured out, if issues persist you may want to open your own thread so the owner doesn't get spammed with notifications every reply ;)
Gold: 3,095.74
Dec 4 2022 10:57am
it got annoying so I installed new driver which people claimed, fixes the problem. and it worked - 526.98 version of nvidia rtx drivers

Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll