d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Desktop Window Manager High Gpu Usage
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 95.74
Nov 2 2022 02:19am
yea i noticed today when my pc started lagging, and it didnt look like that not even 3 days ago. what could be wrong?

gpu is rtx2060 win10

someone had similar problem? is there any fix to that? and the most important question, is it really that bad as it says?

dont mind polish language.

Nov 2 2022 02:33am
my graphics drivers are up to date. i ve read that sum ppl had the same problem and instaling older drivers helped them. yet the fucking new call of duty mw2022 requires me to install latest rtx drivers. is there any solution to this problem xD? can i somehow play cod without updating drivers or maybe can I lower the gpu usage on the latest one?
Gold: 25.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 2 2022 09:16am
Quote (firstmurloc @ Nov 2 2022 02:33am)
my graphics drivers are up to date. i ve read that sum ppl had the same problem and instaling older drivers helped them. yet the fucking new call of duty mw2022 requires me to install latest rtx drivers. is there any solution to this problem xD? can i somehow play cod without updating drivers or maybe can I lower the gpu usage on the latest one?

What's your CPU and Ram? High GPU usage is what you want when gaming.
Nov 2 2022 09:25am
Quote (MadMardi @ Nov 2 2022 04:16pm)
What's your CPU and Ram? High GPU usage is what you want when gaming.

ryzen 7 2700 and ram i dont remember i think hyperx fury 16 gb not sure whats the latency. my CPU usage is like 3% when i do nothing. my graphics card usage looked similar aswell, until last nvidia drivers update. i dont mind high gpu usage while gaming, but as u can see my card temprature is not even high, thats the usage when i do nothing
Gold: 25.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 3 2022 07:53am
Quote (firstmurloc @ Nov 2 2022 09:25am)
ryzen 7 2700 and ram i dont remember i think hyperx fury 16 gb not sure whats the latency. my CPU usage is like 3% when i do nothing. my graphics card usage looked similar aswell, until last nvidia drivers update. i dont mind high gpu usage while gaming, but as u can see my card temprature is not even high, thats the usage when i do nothing

Is it only lagging within MW2, or do you have this problem with other games also?
Gold: 0.55
Nov 7 2022 06:27am
What application is causing the high usage?
You could try a fresh install of the driver. A more extreme idea would be a fresh windows install.
Gold: 5,241.50
Nov 25 2022 07:39am
I have same issue. Its soooooooooooooo annoying.
Im pretty good in PC hw and sw, NOTHING makes sense about this issue.

i7 7700k
GTX1080

Everything worked perfect, fixed 90fps, gsync on etc...
One day game felt sluggish...when i went near LAVA in river of flame, its 5-10fps. Fire effect in general are worst for performance suddenly, NEVER had any issues like that, game been on almost min. graphics all the time.
Interesting part is that d2r doest eat gpu...
Its DWM.exe and client server runtime, sometimes system. 90% gpu usage.
Game loads slower and so on. Feels trash.
Sometimes alt-tabbing fixed it for one run. When i exit current run and make new game its back again.
I cant consistently "fix" it.

Ive done fresh win10 install 2 times now.
Previous time, 1month ago, it worked just fine...for month...now it started again.
Did fresh install AGAIN...didnt help.
ive tried prettymuch all nvidia drivers...it has nothing to do with it.

I cant blame hardware, there is no logic in that.

It has to do something with windows and nvidia, no idea what and how to fix it tho.

firstmurloc, did u manage to find fix for it ?

This post was edited by Jossu_69 on Nov 25 2022 07:40am
Nov 25 2022 07:54am
Quote (Jossu_69 @ Nov 25 2022 02:39pm)
I have same issue. Its soooooooooooooo annoying.
Im pretty good in PC hw and sw, NOTHING makes sense about this issue.

i7 7700k
GTX1080

Everything worked perfect, fixed 90fps, gsync on etc...
One day game felt sluggish...when i went near LAVA in river of flame, its 5-10fps. Fire effect in general are worst for performance suddenly, NEVER had any issues like that, game been on almost min. graphics all the time.
Interesting part is that d2r doest eat gpu...
Its DWM.exe and client server runtime, sometimes system. 90% gpu usage.
Game loads slower and so on. Feels trash.
Sometimes alt-tabbing fixed it for one run. When i exit current run and make new game its back again.
I cant consistently "fix" it.

Ive done fresh win10 install 2 times now.
Previous time, 1month ago, it worked just fine...for month...now it started again.
Did fresh install AGAIN...didnt help.
ive tried prettymuch all nvidia drivers...it has nothing to do with it.

I cant blame hardware, there is no logic in that.

It has to do something with windows and nvidia, no idea what and how to fix it tho.

firstmurloc, did u manage to find fix for it ?

nah still high usage, it doesnt affect my performance, just looks weird when i check windows manager :( ,

i've patched my drivers it still bugged. people on reddit also mentioned this problem after win11 update, yet i am on windows 10, no idea what causes the problem. maybe ill try to install older drivers, and see if that helps.
Nov 25 2022 08:28am
Quote (firstmurloc @ 25 Nov 2022 15:54)
nah still high usage, it doesnt affect my performance, just looks weird when i check windows manager :( ,

i've patched my drivers it still bugged. people on reddit also mentioned this problem after win11 update, yet i am on windows 10, no idea what causes the problem. maybe ill try to install older drivers, and see if that helps.

Same. Im thinking of looking for older win10 image and install that instead, it might be something to do with win updates, conflict between win and gpu drivers.
Also ive heard streamers having performance issues near lava, with streaming software like OBS.
This issue is so old now, how cant they figure it out...i cant even play the game anymore...
Nov 25 2022 08:33am
Im gonna download and install win 10 21H2 instead.
I will report the results later.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll