d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Enterprise Level Programmer?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,957.00
Oct 21 2022 12:48pm
Hi,

I am wanting to pick someones advice. I want to find a enterprise level programmer who can help me develop some software in inventory, accounting, pos system. I am not a programmer but I am wanting to develop my own program.
I am not wanting to be a programmer but I want to either find a way to make my dream program.

I am feeling like

I want to use microsoft azure
microsoft sql database/cosmos database
react / dot net5
there is a lot of industry integrations that have to be developed api for.

How not being a programmer do I find the people who can take on this project? I really wanted to build the perfect long term cut throat programming team.
Gold: 20.69
Oct 21 2022 02:19pm
I see two options:

I.
Find someone with (1) the appropriate skills and (2) you actually enjoy spending time with and working together.
Hope they like you back and ask them to become your technical co-founder.

II.
Have a shitton of money to fund your business (or somehow have VC to back you) and recruit by offering exceptional pay and conditions.

Basically you have to have something to offer. Ideas are cheap and dime a dozen. People who understand an industry really well and know waht is needed are rarer and much more valuable. However, that's basically what can lead to a great option I.: True cooperation and a shared vision and the ability to work together to overcome challenges.

All wannabe entrepreneurs I have ever met that try to build a product with contractors have failed. And I have talked to serveral and adctually advised them against it.

This post was edited by Kasiir on Oct 21 2022 02:22pm
Gold: 2,407.00
Oct 24 2022 01:49am
i once had a friend who also asked me to help develop some "great idea" he has
didn't feel it at the first minute he talked about it
he just presented me some garbage idea as if it was something special or great
even loved playing the "boss" card already
i said i think about it and never offered him any help

tbh, i'm a senior dev, i will not let myself command around from some semi-boss with his "wow-idea" (aka "i get rich, you do all the work")

just as a hint for you, make sure you know your position and approach at eye level
Gold: 1,957.00
Oct 24 2022 10:25am
The idea is solid. I already have it sold and a first customer to test it.
Gold: 20.69
Oct 24 2022 04:55pm
Quote (trentm1 @ 24 Oct 2022 18:25)
The idea is solid. I already have it sold and a first customer to test it.

That could be something to dangle in front of your future technical co-founder. Please believe me, contractors will just ruin you, promise and then technically deliver what you asked for but never what is really needed (partically rightfully so. So many details just come up on the way and even the best idea HAS to be refined or redefined).
50% of something is a whole lot more than 100% - contractor fees of nothing

This post was edited by Kasiir on Oct 24 2022 04:56pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 25 2022 07:34am
team "managers" even worse
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll