d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Elon Musk Invented Bitcoin???
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Nov 22 2022 06:50pm
Quote (badasses @ Nov 22 2022 12:30pm)
design and direction for sure, technically it was all steve and his engineers

he was very good at creating hype and was very charismatic that a lot of people revered him as a god, which is what musk is/was doing

you can't say he wasn't the one that changed the automotive industry with tesla or aerospace with spacex

Few things you have incorrect here.

Musk bought into Tesla after the tech was already invented. His role in Tesla's success was being an investory and convincing others to invest so they could bring manufacturing to scale. It is not in any way on the technical side, and traditional car manufacturers were already in progress on electric vehicles, and are quickly closing the gap.

SpaceX has not in any way revolutionized space flight or aerospace. They don't even have a reusable rocket. They've taken government subsidies and contracts and made incremental progress on reusing rockets, and thus far haven't really been successful in that regard.

So yes, it's actually pretty easy to say he wasn't the one who changed the automotive industry with tesla or aeorspace with spacex, because he didn't actually change either of those things.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Nov 22 2022 06:50pm
Gold: 4.00
Nov 22 2022 08:07pm
That’s Dr. Musk, technically.
Gold: 260.11
Nov 22 2022 11:38pm
Quote (r4f @ Nov 22 2022 08:07pm)
That’s Dr. Musk, technically.

I can't even find him having an honorary PhD.

He dropped out of his bachelors and some investors paid the school to give him one so he could stay in the country.
Gold: 698.00
Nov 24 2022 07:55pm
Man, I have learned so much on here. I will surely impress my coworkers with the knowledge I’ve gained from this thread. Thank you guys!
Gold: 4,313.69
Dec 15 2022 04:45pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Nov 22 2022 07:50pm)
Few things you have incorrect here.

Musk bought into Tesla after the tech was already invented. His role in Tesla's success was being an investory and convincing others to invest so they could bring manufacturing to scale. It is not in any way on the technical side, and traditional car manufacturers were already in progress on electric vehicles, and are quickly closing the gap.

SpaceX has not in any way revolutionized space flight or aerospace. They don't even have a reusable rocket. They've taken government subsidies and contracts and made incremental progress on reusing rockets, and thus far haven't really been successful in that regard.

So yes, it's actually pretty easy to say he wasn't the one who changed the automotive industry with tesla or aeorspace with spacex, because he didn't actually change either of those things.

Adam took it easy on Elon, tbh. Many more details dating all the way back to Zip2 and even more PayPal drama. Hyperloop backroom dealings to spike a light rail proposal. He's definitely trying to compete for the title of Most Govt Subsidized Billionaire.

Fun fact: Tesla's main profit is trading carbon credits they receive from the government to big polluting companies.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 20 2022 03:53pm
WTF
Gold: 807.50
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2023 09:58pm
Elon is more a business man than an inventor. I don't think there's even 1% probability he's Bitcoin creator.
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll