d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides >
Poll > V1.11 " Singer " Guide By Scorpion > V.2 Revised, with error corrections.
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 100.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 26 2007 07:54pm
This guide is for a Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction v1.11b Singer. It does not cover any other Patch or Version of Diablo 2.

OVERVIEW:
A Singer is a Barbarian that uses the Skill Warcry. This Character is not a strong 1v1 dueler (though it is possible). Singers
are most effective in team Duels, were they can greatly help their partner(s). I wouldn't suggest this build to someone who
doesn't often team duel.

GEAR:
HELM: Rare Barbarian only Helm with +2 Barbarian, +3 Warcry, and any usefull secondary Mods. Try to get any combonation of
+Natural Resist, +Iron Skin, +Battle Orders, +WW, +Shout, +Life, +Mana, or +Resists. Socketed with either a Shael or P-Saphire.

**More on this later. **My Helm for an example: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/Scorpion939/Diablo%202%20Screenshots/SingerHelm.jpg

BODY ARMOR: Enigma. There is no other choice, your entire build revolves around your ability to teleport. +Teleport, +2 All Skills,
5% Max Life bonus, 8% DR, and mass Strength give you everything you need from your armor.

WEAPON SLOT #1: Heart of the Oak in a flail (low Strength Req.). +3 All Skills, +40% FCR, +40 All Resists, 15% Max Mana bonus,
and +20 Life Regeneration.

WEAPON SLOT #2: Heart of the Oak in a flail (low Strength Req.). +3 All Skills, +40% FCR, +40 All Resists, 15% Max Mana bonus,
and +20 Life Regeneration.

BOOTS: Etheral Sandstorm Treks. You'll need the 20% FHR and 15 Strength/Vitality. **Realm Specific: Any pair of Pre-Patch Tri-Resist
boots with Strength and 20% FHR.

GAUNTLETS: EITHER Frostburns or Double-Up'd Bloodfists. **More on this later.

BELT: Arachnid's Mesh. +1 All Skills, +20% FCR, +5% Max Mana bonus, and slows target.

AMULET: Rare or Crafted Amulet with +2 Barbarian, +5-20% FCR, and any usefull secondary Mods. Try to get any combonation
of +Stats, +Resists, +Life, +Mana, or Life/Mana Regeneration.
**My Amulet for an example: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/Scorpion939/Diablo%202%20Screenshots/SingerAmulet.jpg

RING SLOT #1: Stone of Jordan. +1 All Skills, +20 Mana, 25% Max Mana bonus.

RING SLOT #2: Stone of Jordan. +1 All Skills, +20 Mana, 25% Max Mana bonus.

INVENTORY: 20 Stat B-Torch and 20 Stat Annihilus.
6xWar Cry Gcs w/ Life Mods, 3xWar Cry Gcs w/ FHR Mods, 8x20 Life Scs (optional Mods), 2x5FHR/Mana Scs icon_pointl.gif Frostburn Setup
6xWar Cry Gcs w/ Life Mods, 3xWar Cry Gcs w/ FHR Mods, 10x20 Life Scs (optional Mods), icon_pointl.gif Bloodfist Setup

**Frostburn vs. Bloodfist setup: Frostburn setup gives you slightly more Mana, while Bloodfist Setup gives you slightly more Life.
It all comes down to personal preference, but I feel the Frostys setup is better. You'll already have a massive amount of Life, but you'll
always need more Mana
. (Shamans go through Mana amazingly fast, as WC costs a staggering 56+ Mana per cast)**
--For Frostburn setup: Shael'd Helm and 2x5FHR/Mana Scs.
--For Bloodfist setup: P-Saphire'd Helm and all Scs 20 Lifers.

STATS
STRENGTH: None. Your Base strength plus whatever you get from gear will be enough
to wear a light Enigma.

DEXTERITY: None. You won't be wearing a shield, and you won't need any additional
Dexterity to use your gear.

VITALITY: EVERY POINT YOU HAVE!!

ENERGY: None. Your gear will provide you enough Mana.

SKILLS:
**Make sure to spend your skills in this order for maximum damage!!**
HOWL: One Point (innitially).

TAUNT: One Point (innitially).

BATTLE CRY: One Point (innitially).

SHOUT: One Point

BATTLE ORDERS: 20 Points.

WAR CRY: 20 Points.

BATTLE CRY: 19 Additional Points.

TAUNT: 19 Additional Points.

LEAP: One Point.

BATTLE COMMAND: One Point.

IRON SKIN: One Point (unless you get it from your helm).

NATURAL RESIST: One Point (unless you get it from your helm).

FIND POTION: Optional One Point.

HOWL: All Remaining Points.

BUILD GOALS:
- Level 48+ Battle Orders (without Prebuff Helm).
- At-least 7,000 Life (without Prebuff Helm).
- At-least 800 Mana (without Prebuff Helm).
- Maxed/Stacked Resists (Hell).
- 2,000+ Warcry Damage.
- 105% FCR Breakpoint.
- 86% FHR Breakpoint.

STRATEGIC OVERVIEW:
During team duels, your job isn't to deal damage. The main thing you want to do is keep your opponent immobolized so your partner(s)
is free to dispose of them. Leap constantly, in short hops so as to take as little time per Leap. This will put your opponent in almost constant
knockback. As soon as you see an opening, immediatley teleport on top of them and cast Warcry as fast as you can. Suck down Mana potions
and make sure they stay stunned. You'll deal decent and consistant damage, but more importantly you'll leave your opponent completley open.
Then all that's left to do is watch and laugh as your partner tears through your stunned opponent like butter.

Be wary of Smiters, Hammerdins, any Zon, Chargers, and BvC's. Smiters have an ugly combonation of lifetap and stun that can get real troublesome
real fast. Try and get them into leap knockback and jump in for Warcry stun after your partner has him engaged. There isn't a whole lot you can
do against H-Dins, so play it safe and stun him while he's distracted. Play BvC's and Chargers are an almost impossible duel 1v1, as WW and Charge
can't be interuppted by Leap or Warcry. Try and do some clip damage while they're distracted.

Because you have no Block and low DR (8% from Enigma), your main source of Defense will be Stun and Fast FCR. Barbarians have the same FCR
frames as Sorceresses, so the only people who can out-tele you are 200% FCR Sorcs. You'll be able to keep pace with any ES Sorc, however, so
I don't find it neccasary to use the 200% frame. Some people argue that the 200% frame is essential for Singers, but I don't find it to be. You
loose massive amounts of damage on an already low damage Character, gain only marginal resistances, and the increase in Teleport speed is wholly
unnecassary. As I said before, the only person who can out-tele you is 200 frame Sorcs. If you feel it necassary, have 2xWizardspikes, a 2/20/2
Circ, Trang Gloves, 2xFCR Rings, and a 20% FCR Amulet stashed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Why not use a 200% FCR setup?
A: I've found a 105% BP Singer to be more versitale. You do more damage, have more life, and have a higher BO level
than if you utilize a 200% setup. 105'ers can 1v1 much more effectivley, and already cast fast enough to keep someone in constant stun.

Q: I've seen guides that utilize a shield for block and max DR. Wouldn't that be more effective than duel Hotos?
A: I've seen this done, but there are several reasons why I find this unnecassary and even a liablility:
--You have at-least 7k Life. You can take a lot of punishment, and if they've gotten close enough to Meele/Nado you, they're already stunned.
--Your FCR is incredibly fast. You can usually get away before anyone touches you (liken this to Sorcs; most of them aren't Max Block because they
are so hard to hit and they don't even have stun).
--Your a team dueler. The whole idea is for you to stay back from the fray until you can get in and Zap them with Warcry. Avoiding damage is the whole
point.
--You're gonna' have decent Defense, even without Iron Skin. Shout, even with one point added gives a nice Defense bonus.

That coupled with the loss of resistances, skills, and FCR makes it an unwise switch.

Q: Then how about an off-hand Doom Z?
A: N motherfucking O!! Doom Z is an awefull idea. I can't honestly think why people keep bringing this up. You loose +1
skills, mass resists, and make it really hard to hit the FCR BP. And for what? The Aura isn't gonna' be strong enough to actually kill anyone, and
it's BM vs. Melee anyway.

Q: Is 1k Mana enough? Don't most Singers use B-Manas?
A: Yes, most Singers do use B-Manas, but I'm avidley against B-Manas, so I don't use any. Most people have a lot of problems
with a Singers Mana, but I've never found it to be all that problematic. Yeah, you go through blues pretty quick, but it's not unmanigable. I have a point
in Find Potion, so I usually take a trip into Blood Moore when I run low on potions. If you don't want to spend a point on FP, grab a Heart Carver (+4 FP).

THE RESULTS:

Screenshot taken at level 90. I use Mid-Life Warcry Gcs (31-33's), and still need to replace four 20 Lifers for 20/xx Manas. Howl will be maxed
at level 95, so my damage has the potential to be 200+ higher. Taken into the mid 90's, WC Barbs can easily get 8k+ Life. Thanks for reading!!!
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2007 08:22pm
nice guide, but ive always heard of people picking 2x wizspikes over hotos because its versatility over a little bit of dmg.
Gold: 303.00
Jul 26 2007 08:30pm
Quote (Lithium1 @ Fri, Jul 27 2007, 02:22am)
nice guide, but ive always heard of people picking 2x wizspikes over hotos because its versatility over a little bit of dmg.

Your helm is SeXy
Jul 26 2007 08:33pm
Quote (Lithium1 @ Thu, Jul 26 2007, 09:22pm)

You actually loose versatility. So much damage and life lost, and you don't need to cast faster.

Quote (Ggret @ Thu, Jul 26 2007, 09:30pm)
Your helm is SeXy

Thanks.

This post was edited by Scorpion939 on Jul 26 2007 08:33pm
Jul 27 2007 08:00am
Quote (Scorpion939 @ Fri, Jul 27 2007, 02:33am)

You actually loose versatility. So much damage and life lost, and you don't need to cast faster.

well... you still would have the hotos as bo, but you would just use the wizspikes to fight. anyways, stacked resists and huge man cant hurt can it, and you wont be doing much damage anyways. like you said, on teams, the barbs main job is to stun people.
Jul 27 2007 08:02am
Quote (Lithium1 @ Fri, Jul 27 2007, 09:00am)
Quote (Scorpion939 @ Fri, Jul 27 2007, 02:33am)

well...you still would have the hotos as bo, but you would just use the wizspikes to fight. anyways,
stacked resists and huge man cant hurt can it, and you wont be doing much damage anyways. like
you said, on teams, the barbs main job is to stun people.

Yes, but I don't think damage should be totally worthless. I've been in team situations were
my teamate has died, but I've come back and won because my Singer has some 1v1 capabilities.
Gold: 2.00
Jul 30 2007 03:38pm
Quote (Ggret @ Fri, Jul 27 2007, 02:30am)
Quote (Lithium1 @ Fri, Jul 27 2007, 02:22am)

Your helm is SeXy

gg helmet^^
Banned
Warn: 10%
Jul 30 2007 03:48pm
If your main job is to stun, get the 200% FCR, your stunning abilities will only improve.

Since you're saying you're kinda viable in 1vs1 situations WITH the 105% setup, get the 200% one and get even better. Faster stun equals a tighter lock and is thus better for any Warcry Barb. Your damage will be laughable already versus any character that hasn't ES / 50% DR / MB or a combination of it.
Jul 31 2007 12:11pm
Quote (TheBestEver @ Mon, Jul 30 2007, 04:38pm)
gg helmet^^

Thanks. smile.gif

Quote (Negroe @ Mon, Jul 30 2007, 04:48pm)
If your main job is to stun, get the 200% FCR, your stunning abilities will only improve.

Since you're saying you're kinda viable in 1vs1 situations WITH the 105%
setup, get the 200% one and get even better. Faster stun equals a
tighter lock and is thus better for any Warcry Barb. Your damage will
be laughable already versus any character that hasn't ES / 50% DR / MB
or a combination of it.

200% is redundant, considering the stun length. 105% is fast enough to keep them
in constant stun-lock. All you're doing with 200% is doing less damage.
Damage is laughable until you take into account the fact that your opponent is stunned.
You won't do very much damage, but they can't get away, so you just kill them slowly.
I've had people in stun-lock and killed them after 30 seconds of solid WC'ing.
Gold: 1,101.00
Jul 31 2007 12:42pm
u finally accepted the fact that this is a singer and not a shaman tongue.gif
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll