d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Guages: Turbo/af/fuel Press: Do You Use Premium?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 186,224.50
Oct 9 2022 07:14pm
so in the car enthusiast community here in Thailand which is where I'm at now..
every single person will tell you that the fake (knock off) Defis and other fakes are all useless and not worth the money, do not use them.

however I am going to be going standalone with maxxecu or fueltech (havn't decided yet, but car is almost out of paint shop then straight to engine swap)

so the question is... since we are going to be sticking the authentic super expensive guages or screen by OBD in the ECU whether real or fake or cheap brands.. so what is the difference especially if I'm going to use a screen like this one:
https://lufimalaysia.com/

I plan to use the XF model.

I don't understand how it can be any different if the screen isn't responsible for measuring... its merely just displaying whatever the ECU is telling it to read... since whether you're using real or fake or cheap guages you're likely reading it from the ECU anyways?....

so what's the point of paying 1500USD for a set of guages instead of just 100USD for a screen and I get a less messy car...

the engine will be a 1jz gte and will be doing around 600hp with 264 cams/800cc denso/ORC 2 plate clutch/R154/GT3582

what are your thoughts about guages and displays?..
Gold: 1,337,200.00
Oct 12 2022 11:14am
Doubt anyone here has used those... Maybe Decom?

Would assume one would handle response time better than the other. Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on digital gauges at all. Fab a plate and put in analog gauges and be done with it. OBD readings are not the fastest thing in the world.

I had the pro dash on a corvette than ran a holley dominator and it wasn't that amazing lol. Cool but not worth the coin.
Gold: 2,182.00
Nov 30 2022 01:26pm
OBD reading on a stock ECU and on a Standalone can't be compared

Also you can get a Ram logger over OBD so you have really fast sampling (You need to patch the ECU before you can unlock Ram logging)
https://www.vehical.net/

But it looks like the dash you are linking to is just a genetic ODB protocol, donno what the Standalone does there.

MaxxECU has the MDash, so you can just use a android tablet - use it for live veiw, donno how fast it is
-8MB memory for internal logging, up to 1000Hz. - Use that for logging
-"CAN bus for expansion modules, OEM vehicle CAN, OBDII" - So maybe the cheap dash will also work?
Gold: 186,224.50
Dec 2 2022 03:39am
Quote (ZpiX @ 1 Dec 2022 02:26)
OBD reading on a stock ECU and on a Standalone can't be compared

Also you can get a Ram logger over OBD so you have really fast sampling (You need to patch the ECU before you can unlock Ram logging)
https://www.vehical.net/

But it looks like the dash you are linking to is just a genetic ODB protocol, donno what the Standalone does there.

MaxxECU has the MDash, so you can just use a android tablet - use it for live veiw, donno how fast it is
-8MB memory for internal logging, up to 1000Hz. - Use that for logging
-"CAN bus for expansion modules, OEM vehicle CAN, OBDII" - So maybe the cheap dash will also work?

yes those will work too, but none will be as cheap and quick as the lufi, my car is currently still wiring, we will find out soon if lufi would work, if not then need to get CAN dash or android, but android will be a problem because getting it mounted in the console will be tricky because the frame is a bit hard to find.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll