d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Barb Mercenary For Terrorzones P1 > D2:R
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 920.00
Oct 2 2022 05:26pm
Quote (ferdegulasch @ Oct 2 2022 03:22am)
Hey folks,

so i put together a terrorzone hybrid ww/zerker/itemfind barb.

was wondering which mercenary specc would be best since melee classes tend to have problems with attack rating at high monster levels due to the immense def.

I Myself am wearing a grief and a last wish phase blade (this is designed for p1 magic find, dont bother me with dual grief, i know what trade off im doing here).

i have tried 2 setups for the mercs now;

Act 1 Rogue Fire
Faith GMB lvl 14 Fana Aura
Eth Shaft Stop
Eth Gaze

Act 2 Blessed Aim
Infinity
Eth Forti
Eth Andy

All the build guides propose the a1 fana merc - but in testing i feel the blessed aim / infinity combo works better.
The inner sight appears to be very usefull, but gets cast too randomly imho.

Does anyone have a professional insight or source for this matter? I'd really like to optimize this build to the fullest potential, so some excat number crunshing would be awesome :)

1) If you have infinity, you don't need Blessed aim Aura, Monster Defenses are zapped by conviction. Aura wise... idk you already have might. If you cut your vita in half, put those puts into strength, you can use holy freeze merc as the slower attacks won't kill you more than you leech.

2) You may actually go full damage aiding mercs by using grandcharms with a few 130+ar and frw/life/etc instead of using fanat, convict and blessed aim auras. FRW now helps Whirlwind with 2.5patch.

3)
This is my favorite Merc pairing for melee setup if telestomping with enigma. Brand has 35% amp damage when struck, and best to use the fire arrow merc so enermies can hit her instead of freeze. This is the fastest way I know to level a barbarian without leeching.
Brand Matriarchal bow with 3bow base
8LL/20/15 Vampire Gaze 15res/15ias green jewel
Shaftstop 180ed cham

BUT your lifetap proc on lastwish over-ride amp damage 1/3rd the time.

4) Demonlimb on swap with Hoto. Sacrifice 3 batle orders for more AR for you and your merc. A good amount of AR with lvl 23 enchant. Don't forget fire facet it

5) Reapers toll blessed aim merc. -50% enemy phys res, slows enemies, increases your AR.

This post was edited by ActVIMercenary on Oct 2 2022 05:55pm
Gold: 96,792.12
Oct 2 2022 05:30pm
Quote (ActVIMercenary @ Oct 2 2022 04:26pm)
1) If you have infinity, you don't need Blessed aim Aura, Monster Defenses are zapped by conviction. Aura wise... idk you already have might. If you cut your vita in half, put those puts into strength, you can use holy freeze merc as the slower attacks won't kill you more than you leech.

2) You may actually go full damage aiding mercs by using grandcharms with a few 130+ar and frw/life/etc instead of using fanat, convict and blessed aim auras. FRW now helps Whirlwind with 2.5patch.

3)
This is my favorite Merc pairing for melee setup if telestomping with enigma. Brand has 35% amp damage when struck, and best to use the fire arrow merc so enermies can hit her instead of freeze. This is the fastest way I know to level a barbarian without leeching.
Brand Matriarchal bow with 3bow base
8LL/20/15 Vampire Gaze 15res/15ias green jewel
Shaftstop 180ed cham

BUT your lifetap proc on lastwish over-ride amp damage 1/3rd the time.

4) Demonlimb on swap with Hoto. Sacrifice 3 batle orders for more AR for you and your merc. A good amount of AR with lvl 23 enchant. Don't forget fire facet it

Few helps whirlwind? Just for movement speed u mean. Which actually hurts if you wanna focus on a group/target
Oct 2 2022 05:33pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ Oct 2 2022 04:30pm)
Few helps whirlwind? Just for movement speed u mean. Which actually hurts if you wanna focus on a group/target

Frw helps with whirlwind since 2.5.

If you want to focus on a small group/ single target... with whirlwind.... take off your CNBF.

This post was edited by ActVIMercenary on Oct 2 2022 05:37pm
Oct 2 2022 06:02pm
Quote (ActVIMercenary @ Oct 2 2022 04:33pm)
Frw helps with whirlwind since 2.5.

If you want to focus on a small group/ single target... with whirlwind.... take off your CNBF.

What do you mean "helps"

With movement speed or attack speed?

And no freeze slows down attack speed now with 2.4 ias changes.
Oct 2 2022 06:14pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ Oct 2 2022 05:02pm)
What do you mean "helps"

With movement speed or attack speed?

And no freeze slows down attack speed now with 2.4 ias changes.

Your questions are retarded and loaded.

I spoke english. Figure it out.

"Few helps whirlwind? Just for movement speed u mean."

No sherlock, clearly I meant frw helps with attack speed, piercing and prevents monster heal.
Oct 2 2022 07:19pm
Quote (ActVIMercenary @ Oct 2 2022 05:14pm)
Your questions are retarded and loaded.

I spoke english. Figure it out.

"Few helps whirlwind? Just for movement speed u mean."

No sherlock, clearly I meant frw helps with attack speed, piercing and prevents monster heal.

umad?

lol, how does faster run/walk increase attack speed for whirlwind? What's your source for this nonsense??

You spoke english and it made absolutely no sense so explain yourself.
Oct 2 2022 08:55pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ Oct 2 2022 06:19pm)
umad?

lol, how does faster run/walk increase attack speed for whirlwind? What's your source for this nonsense??

You spoke english and it made absolutely no sense so explain yourself.

Whoops sorry forgot about you, my priorites are like

1) walk the dog

2) bag dog poop

3) give attention to neglected children

I'm very sorry your low IQ imagines when someone says "frw helps ww"
you think "frw makes attack faster he says".
No one said it nonsarcastically, you imagined it, because extra chromosomes, etc.

The educator at your special school will help you with that.

Good luck, young boy.
Oct 3 2022 12:45am
Quote (ActVIMercenary @ Oct 2 2022 07:55pm)
Whoops sorry forgot about you, my priorites are like

1) walk the dog

2) bag dog poop

3) give attention to neglected children

I'm very sorry your low IQ imagines when someone says "frw helps ww"
you think "frw makes attack faster he says".
No one said it nonsarcastically, you imagined it, because extra chromosomes, etc.

The educator at your special school will help you with that.

Good luck, young boy.

Okay so when I said "do you mean movement speed", I meant the speed of travel while whirlwinding. I clarified this point with you and you said...

Quote (ActVIMercenary @ Oct 2 2022 05:14pm)

Forgive me, I can't tell if you're stupid or being sarcastic. If you are talking about movement speed, I don't get how whirling away from enemies faster and dealing less hits to the target helps.

I also am not sure how allowing the char to be frozen and getting fpa doubled will help either but maybe you can explain it to us. Did you know they changed ias in 2.4? Idk, maybe you don't?

This post was edited by ZeaLORDeaL on Oct 3 2022 12:48am
Gold: 163,312.31
Oct 3 2022 01:19am
Mods please close this.

It turned into a troll Circus.

Ill ask my question in a more sophisticated Environment.

Jsp clearly isnt made for this matter.
Gold: 4,080.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 3 2022 01:33am
Quote (ferdegulasch @ Oct 3 2022 09:19am)
Mods please close this.

It turned into a troll Circus.

Ill ask my question in a more sophisticated Environment.

Jsp clearly isnt made for this matter.

LMAO
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll