d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need Advice On Pursuit Of New It Career
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
AntiMatter5
Group: Member
Gold: 634.20
Dec 1 2023 03:55pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Nov 29 2023 01:24am)
Nice, just want to chime in and mention the happiness to $ ratio. Grass may look greener on the other side, but it may not always be better for you mentally! Keep that mind please. I've read too many horror stories of people leaving their stable job with easy work for more pay and then regretting it later

I am keeping that in mind very strongly my friend. I am used to working 60+ hours a week, so having a two hour day is starting to affect me fundamentally. I would not be opposed to 150k engineering job and 40-45 hours. The benefits for my family would simply be too great, as long as I can still work from home.

Quote (Skate6000 @ Dec 1 2023 01:30pm)
I just want to say thank you for this thread. Im at a point in my life where I'm looking to swap career paths as well. Not because I'm lacking pay, but because I'm just not thriving working in my current education path. Im looking to move in the same direction, and was going to look into python, sql and powerbi. I'm hoping to find some good online programs to join, and since I've started searching, Facebook etc is flowing over with ads on online courses.

At the moment I'm still trying to work out which road to follow, but no matter what I do, it's miles away from my career in healthcare.

Again, thanks! Gives me hope

You got this my friend. I am here to share any insights and can help you by summarizing hundreds of hours of research and networking for you to help you define a clear path if you want to go into any of the IT fields.

Send me a DM, I would be open to a phone call, etc.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll