d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Fresh Server Vs Old Servers (with 70 Boost)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 133,851.00
Sep 22 2022 09:23am
Salute,

Sadly i've been busy so i missed opportunity to level to 70 on new servers (thekal also locked)

Now, only 4 days left so i don't think 50 hours playtime will be enough to get ready for WOTLK patch right?
So i m thinking to buy level 70 boost and start on old servers and get my gatherings and honor gear ready in 50 hours if possible.

Main objective is to raid with a guild weekly on 1-2 characters and solo gold farm to get more FGs here.
Gold prices are kinda similiar fresh vs old servers.

Options are :

1) Try to hit level 70 before WOTLK, stay behind on fresh servers gear/proffesion vise, fresh economy?
2) Buy lv70 boost on blizzard in best old server posible (not locked ones) and farm there.

Which one would be better? Am i going to lose so much for falling behind on fresh servers gold farming wise?
Are those not locked old servers still good to play and farm gold?

Will tip fg for detailed talk via discord/pm.
Gold: 38,995.02
Sep 23 2022 09:27am
Some thoughts:

Hitting 70 only takes about 36 hours /played, likely less if you play a death knight (switch after hitting 55 on whichever class you level 1-55).

As it relates to gearing, missing the pvp gear boat isn't the worst thing in the world. Sure, it will make leveling more "annoying", but the starting zone quest rewards will provide you with a lot of catch-up gear.

I'm reticent about fresh servers personally, but think it makes sense if you want to farm (and sell) gold. Overall gold supply is less, so if you're focused on raw gold farms, those are more profitable per hour on fresh realms. You are objectively behind if you start now on fresh servers, but no more behind than if you started "fresh" on a mega server.

My guess is that the locked servers will unlock a few months after release (maybe around december/january), so you aren't necessarily stuck on an "old" server should it not work out/otherwise be to your liking.

My logic would be the following:

1) Is my main goal farming gold?
1a) Do I farm gold via other players (read: do I sell high-value items, such as SWP boe patterns, to other players who are likely buying gold)? If yes, then go "old" realm
1b) Do I farm gold via raw gold farms (such as the pre-nerf Stratholme paladin farm)? If yes, then go fresh

2) Is my main goal raiding? If yes, then I don't think it really matters - there will be a raiding population on both and you can always transfer should that change.

Hope this helps your decision.
Gold: 133,851.00
Sep 23 2022 09:38am
Quote (TRaDe- @ Sep 23 2022 06:27pm)
Some thoughts:

Hitting 70 only takes about 36 hours /played, likely less if you play a death knight (switch after hitting 55 on whichever class you level 1-55).

As it relates to gearing, missing the pvp gear boat isn't the worst thing in the world. Sure, it will make leveling more "annoying", but the starting zone quest rewards will provide you with a lot of catch-up gear.

I'm reticent about fresh servers personally, but think it makes sense if you want to farm (and sell) gold. Overall gold supply is less, so if you're focused on raw gold farms, those are more profitable per hour on fresh realms. You are objectively behind if you start now on fresh servers, but no more behind than if you started "fresh" on a mega server.

My guess is that the locked servers will unlock a few months after release (maybe around december/january), so you aren't necessarily stuck on an "old" server should it not work out/otherwise be to your liking.

My logic would be the following:

1) Is my main goal farming gold?
1a) Do I farm gold via other players (read: do I sell high-value items, such as SWP boe patterns, to other players who are likely buying gold)? If yes, then go "old" realm
1b) Do I farm gold via raw gold farms (such as the pre-nerf Stratholme paladin farm)? If yes, then go fresh

2) Is my main goal raiding? If yes, then I don't think it really matters - there will be a raiding population on both and you can always transfer should that change.

Hope this helps your decision.

Salute,

Thanks for detailed reply. I've stopped leveling on fresh Jin'Dor yesterday at level 20. I think 36h/played is legit for wow players. But i haven't actively played classic so i am trying to get my muscle memory back, i am pretty sure i wouldn't get it done so i decided to stop.
Now trying to decide between Mograine and Pyrewood servers for gold farming.

I have huge playtime so i will do whatever it takes to farm gold. Mining/Skining, solo dungeons with retri paladin, raids/dungeons even crafting. I am %100 sure about buying booster lv70 now, so i can get my skining/mining maxed till wotlk launch. Only question i've left with is which server.

Mograine gold ratio is higher than pyrewood. But i've read pyrewood is 'dad' server. So EU nighttimes are very chill. That means i can gather stuff at night times (if skining/mining is as profitable as i remember)
Mograine was a dead server from what i've read, but gained a lot of players because of free transfers.

I am still 50/50 on those servers, clock is ticking against me every minute i struggle to pick a server.
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll