d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > End Game Closed Beta Coming Soon
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,761.97
Sep 19 2022 11:33am

They will choose players who have spent a significant amount of time in D2R and D3 to test end-game activities without spoiling the campaign.
Think this is the right approach hopefully some solid feedback will help shape a decent endgame.
Gold: 2,183.01
Sep 19 2022 12:38pm
Modern Blizzard "End-Game" design is horrible, have low expectations for this after the Greater Rift debacle from D3.

You know how it is... Blizzard and their MMORPG """mechanics""" make it into everything, and their """Lead Encounter Designers""" working on D4 make 120K a year to put circles on the ground and telegraph monster lasers.

This post was edited by ulmaguest on Sep 19 2022 12:41pm
Gold: 8,013.34
Sep 19 2022 04:06pm
No open trading = no good end game, but since Diablo will not be real arpg they should change game name and genre first, then maybe they could have good end game.
Sep 19 2022 05:13pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 19 2022 06:06pm)
No open trading = no good end game, but since Diablo will not be real arpg they should change game name and genre first, then maybe they could have good end game.

Open trade and end game are two different things. Trading is more of the social aspect. I am upset about not having it, but don't agree that trading is the "end game" of anything.
Sep 19 2022 05:20pm
Quote (Brandon9405 @ 20 Sep 2022 01:13)
Open trade and end game are two different things. Trading is more of the social aspect. I am upset about not having it, but don't agree that trading is the "end game" of anything.

End game is connected to which items you have, so in order to reach end game you need to have other things ingame working so that the end game feels like true end game. Everything is connected, if players get items easy and drop rates are high then whats the point of end game when everyone could do it. Thats were trading and obtaning items and drop chances come to place but ofc if they make end game like GRifts then everything is pointless since GRfit are lv 1 to any number players can do.. Just dumb concept compared to uber bosses in D2 and even in D3. Hope you understand why did i wrote if there is no open trading end game can be only good in MMO concept but not in arpg game.
Sep 19 2022 05:30pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 19 2022 07:20pm)
End game is connected to which items you have, so in order to reach end game you need to have other things ingame working so that the end game feels like true end game. Everything is connected, if players get items easy and drop rates are high then whats the point of end game when everyone could do it. Thats were trading and obtaning items and drop chances come to place but ofc if they make end game like GRifts then everything is pointless since GRfit are lv 1 to any number players can do.. Just dumb concept compared to uber bosses in D2 and even in D3. Hope you understand why did i wrote if there is no open trading end game can be only good in MMO concept but not in arpg game.

I mean if they create uber bosses or similar events that drop items that are of a certain rarity it would do the same thing. Trading was a part of D2 endgame, but many people played solo self found just fine. My offline decked out characters show just that.
I loved trading and was godly at it, but it was the social aspect and bartering. It was never needed for progession, but simply sped it up. In d2 you rush end game progession to do what 10,000 more baal or cow runs, farm toches for 10 hours? D2 endgame is getting godly gear to pvp or endlessly mf to just do more mf runs.
D2 was a godly game and still stands as the godfather of aRPGs, but in todays standard it's very lacking in end game activites. PVP player base and Ladder are the only things to keep it alive. Trading again was a very important social aspect, but trading isn't needed for progression it simply speeds up progession.
If your argument is smart loot is dumb thats fine and I agree. Smart loot removes the need to trade at all due to more items dropping for the class you play.

Blizzard removing trading to combat buying power makes sense, but they need to find a new way to do it. By simply capping the ammount of times an item is traded it would make more sense. Don't get me wrong I love JSP and trading and have for years, but it is kind of dumb when anyone can carry thousands of fg
from ladder to ladder out right buy an enigma and call it a day. Where is the fun and progession in that? So while I 100% want to see free trade I do see why blizzard chooses to remove it.

This post was edited by Brandon9405 on Sep 19 2022 05:32pm
Gold: 745.00
Sep 19 2022 10:15pm
probably not as exciting as d2r 2.5 patch :rofl:
Sep 19 2022 11:35pm
Quote (Coreyj @ Sep 20 2022 12:15am)
probably not as exciting as d2r 2.5 patch :rofl:

🤣
Sep 20 2022 08:59am
Quote (Brandon9405 @ 20 Sep 2022 01:30)
I mean if they create uber bosses or similar events that drop items that are of a certain rarity it would do the same thing. Trading was a part of D2 endgame, but many people played solo self found just fine. My offline decked out characters show just that.
I loved trading and was godly at it, but it was the social aspect and bartering. It was never needed for progession, but simply sped it up. In d2 you rush end game progession to do what 10,000 more baal or cow runs, farm toches for 10 hours? D2 endgame is getting godly gear to pvp or endlessly mf to just do more mf runs.
D2 was a godly game and still stands as the godfather of aRPGs, but in todays standard it's very lacking in end game activites. PVP player base and Ladder are the only things to keep it alive. Trading again was a very important social aspect, but trading isn't needed for progression it simply speeds up progession.
If your argument is smart loot is dumb thats fine and I agree. Smart loot removes the need to trade at all due to more items dropping for the class you play.

Blizzard removing trading to combat buying power makes sense, but they need to find a new way to do it. By simply capping the ammount of times an item is traded it would make more sense. Don't get me wrong I love JSP and trading and have for years, but it is kind of dumb when anyone can carry thousands of fg
from ladder to ladder out right buy an enigma and call it a day. Where is the fun and progession in that? So while I 100% want to see free trade I do see why blizzard chooses to remove it.

My argument is that open trading is best way to go, you simplified things, its better to have open trading and % of player base buying gear with fg than 100 % of player base is on smart loot with no open trading, or as you said thay need to find a new way or take the good working old way(which is the best atm) and find way to combat problems, but they would rather make game worse than to hire extra people and pay them to work on solving that problem. Trading is not only social aspect and bartering, to trade you accualy have to play game and get other items to trade(atleast many players have to do that) , so trading its making people play and enjoy game more, in D3 i used very little fg but after i earned it from hard grind in same game. Yes trading speeds up progression and its not need if you over simplified things i agree but hole open trading thing makes a players get bigger immersion and connection with other players i mean you know all of that. If there is no trading arpg game could be singleplayer hole point of multiplayer game is players to help oneanother, trade gear betven and to compare(in a healty way) their progression with others. You don't need it for game to work but its like making a crippled game, game without one leg or arm.. Problem is that minorty of player base is spending money on items or fg in huge amonts and they are loud, but majorty spends very little for a item or two or doesnt spend at all, and so lets make game worst because of minorty that we dont want to fight. If they don't have money to hire people to fight bots and everything else needed i think many would pay monthly fee just to get real arpg game. Devs are just not honest inuf with player base, they are ignoring trading topic like its not that important, 3 years they mentioned it twice in same short manner, i mean what to say about that...

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 20 2022 09:08am
Sep 20 2022 01:50pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 20 2022 10:59am)
My argument is that open trading is best way to go, you simplified things, its better to have open trading and % of player base buying gear with fg than 100 % of player base is on smart loot with no open trading, or as you said thay need to find a new way or take the good working old way(which is the best atm) and find way to combat problems, but they would rather make game worse than to hire extra people and pay them to work on solving that problem. Trading is not only social aspect and bartering, to trade you accualy have to play game and get other items to trade(atleast many players have to do that) , so trading its making people play and enjoy game more, in D3 i used very little fg but after i earned it from hard grind in same game. Yes trading speeds up progression and its not need if you over simplified things i agree but hole open trading thing makes a players get bigger immersion and connection with other players i mean you know all of that. If there is no trading arpg game could be singleplayer hole point of multiplayer game is players to help oneanother, trade gear betven and to compare(in a healty way) their progression with others. You don't need it for game to work but its like making a crippled game, game without one leg or arm.. Problem is that minorty of player base is spending money on items or fg in huge amonts and they are loud, but majorty spends very little for a item or two or doesnt spend at all, and so lets make game worst because of minorty that we dont want to fight. If they don't have money to hire people to fight bots and everything else needed i think many would pay monthly fee just to get real arpg game. Devs are just not honest inuf with player base, they are ignoring trading topic like its not that important, 3 years they mentioned it twice in same short manner, i mean what to say about that...

Yeh I agree you have some good points, I'm not sure why they decided to ignore everyone. While many of us old players want open trade half the people don't. Its a split player base and blizzard caused it by removing the AH in D3 and then removing trading all together and now immortal pile of dog poop.
So they stuck themselves between a rock and a hard place because its impossible to appease now. It seems they don't want to implement the trade a few times system. They said they would originally do that on annoucement, but so much has changed over 3 years.
I think the best option is to just make the max times and item can be traded three times. This would help an economy aswell considering it makes items more finite. It would even help keep the prices of lower tier items at a decent level for when people start new character.
I know they won't give free trade so I think my option here is the only medium.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll