d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Anime & A Legit Question
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 24,248.46
Aug 21 2022 06:13pm
2 questions...

1. Anyone seen Your Lie in April? It's by far my favorite and it's only mildly depressing lol. If so, tell me your favorite scenes! That one scene at the hospital was at the Summit War of Marinefold (One Piece) level for me.

2. How has SWEATYPANTS not been banned yet for his spam postings? lol

This post was edited by Gala32 on Aug 21 2022 06:14pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2022 06:38pm
My wife liked Your Lie in April. , she seemed to enjoy it.

E* Also there is a lot of scenes in the hospital if I remember correctly. :lol:

This post was edited by Stauf on Aug 21 2022 06:39pm
Aug 21 2022 07:45pm
Quote (Stauf @ Aug 21 2022 08:38pm)
My wife liked Your Lie in April. ^Feather, she seemed to enjoy it.

E* Also there is a lot of scenes in the hospital if I remember correctly. :lol:

Sounds like your wife has great tastes! It literally started my wife's journey into anime as she loved it too but got mad at me for not giving her proper warning lol.

Haha There most definitely are multiple hospital scenes, but you know the one I'm referring to :D. Trying to avoid spoilers.

Aug 21 2022 08:15pm
I think I may. PM'd.

Tonikawa was cute couples anime, or Orange is similar to Your Lie in April, if you are looking for recommendations
Gold: 111.00
Aug 21 2022 09:26pm
Quote (Stauf @ 21 Aug 2022 22:15)
I think I may. PM'd.

Tonikawa was cute couples anime, or Orange is similar to Your Lie in April, if you are looking for recommendations

Tonikaku was great, same with Orange.

Have either of you seen Wotakoi? Or Horimiya is another one good one. Also gonna toss in Chihayafuru.
Aug 21 2022 09:38pm
Quote (Stauf @ Aug 21 2022 10:15pm)
I think I may. PM'd.

Thanks! pm'd back. Also! I haven't seen Orange! I'll have to take a look at it!

Quote (Mrprime70 @ Aug 21 2022 11:26pm)

Have either of you seen Wotakoi? ^Gala32 Or Horimiya is another one good one. Also gonna toss in Chihayafuru.

I haven't seen any of these!! Will have to read the synopsis and figure out which one to watch.

Completely unrelated, on Netflix -> Uncle from another World.... watched all 3 episodes of that so far... No idea what's happening but I'm loving it lol. Also Kotaro lives alone. Confused at first but it's great lol.
Gold: 1,595.00
Aug 22 2022 12:39am
your lie in april had one of the best first episodes in anime for me
the rest was rather dissapointing though
the amount of flashbacks in this anime are insane. characters that noone gives a damn about get half an episode worth of flashbacks and even worse, its over their music performance so you dont get to hear what should be the most important thing (this is an anime about music)
like straight up 5 minutes of exposition dump, its such bad writing.
none of the characters are interesting or relatable. even for teenagers their behaviour is so far off any real human being, nobody ever talks about whats bothering them.

heres what i wrote in another forum

No idea how people can get so emotionally invested after all of the major plotpoints were foreshadowed at the beginning. Besides that it just wasn't a good anime.
The comedy was atrocious. The music was completely irrelevant and always background to talking and mostly uninteresting flashbacks. So we are left with the romance and drama parts. As I said they were heavily foreshadowed. Tsubaki loves the MC, MC loves Kaori was in episode 1. Kaori loves MC and is gonna die from the same illness MCs mother had was in episode 5 or something. So why bother getting invested? Then the whole middle part with all the unlikeable side characters (at least they weren't as unlikeable as the main characters) really did nothing to build the bridge from the happy beginning to the inevitable end everyone saw coming. The MC overcame his fear of the piano and the death of his mother. That is all of the character development we got for like 8 people in 22 episodes.

also the ""big" "plottwist"" about the meaning of the lie in april was so bad oh my god :rofl:

This post was edited by rinirax on Aug 22 2022 12:42am
Aug 22 2022 10:06am
Quote (rinirax @ Aug 22 2022 02:39am)
your lie in april had one of the best first episodes in anime for me

Absolutely True

the rest was rather dissapointing though

Really!?!?!? That seems almost inconceivable~!

the amount of flashbacks in this anime are insane. characters that noone gives a damn about get half an episode worth of flashbacks and even worse, its over their music performance so you dont get to hear what should be the most important thing (this is an anime about music) like straight up 5 minutes of exposition dump, its such bad writing.
none of the characters are interesting or relatable. even for teenagers their behaviour is so far off any real human being, nobody ever talks about whats bothering them.

Seems more like the problem is that you weren't able to relate to the characters. That's okay. People have different experiences in life and are thusly able to either more or less easily relate to scenarios.

Truth on the music though! and I loved every second of it lol.

heres what i wrote in another forum

No idea how people can get so emotionally invested after all of the major plotpoints were foreshadowed at the beginning. Besides that it just wasn't a good anime.
The comedy was atrocious. The music was completely irrelevant and always background to talking and mostly uninteresting flashbacks. So we are left with the romance and drama parts. As I said they were heavily foreshadowed. Tsubaki loves the MC, MC loves Kaori was in episode 1. Kaori loves MC and is gonna die from the same illness MCs mother had was in episode 5 or something. So why bother getting invested? Then the whole middle part with all the unlikeable side characters (at least they weren't as unlikeable as the main characters) really did nothing to build the bridge from the happy beginning to the inevitable end everyone saw coming. The MC overcame his fear of the piano and the death of his mother. That is all of the character development we got for like 8 people in 22 episodes.

also the ""big" "plottwist"" about the meaning of the lie in april was so bad oh my god :rofl:

Forshadowing is a major literary device. That's perfectly fine.

I didn't get the "comedy" part that you're referring to. Looking it up on YouTube, I had no idea that people considered those moments "comedy." Quite honestly, the "comedy" is spot on when viewed from Kousei's perspective (which is where I'm assuming it's supposed to be viewed from). They're glimpses into his world view. I see how the show takes it from one person's perspective to another, showing the world from differentiating points of view in quite different walks in life.

I agree though that they could have done a better job letting people know that and without that knowledge, it can be jolting for some people to watch scenes which can be perceived as flipping moods suddenly and erratically -- especially as people are used to anime being shown from only one, maybe two, different perspectives.[/QUOTE]

This post was edited by Gala32 on Aug 22 2022 10:07am
Aug 22 2022 11:41am
Quote (Mrprime70 @ Aug 21 2022 11:26pm)

Have either of you seen Wotakoi? ^Gala32 Or Horimiya is another one good one. Also gonna toss in Chihayafuru.

I have not seen the first one. Horimiya I don't think so either. Chihayafuru is the card one right? I think I stopped @ Season 2.

This post was edited by Stauf on Aug 22 2022 11:41am
Gold: 2.66
Aug 23 2022 04:35am
For question 2, some users are above the rules.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll