d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Mechanical Keyboard?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,289.00
Aug 19 2022 08:43am
Hey All,

I always played d2 on a non-gaming computer. With D2R’s release I decided to buy a gaming comp and monitors. I’m looking to buy a reasonably priced (~$100 CAD) gaming keyboard to match the setup.

There seem to be a lot of options out there, and many mixed opinions. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
Gold: 187.37
Aug 19 2022 07:12pm
If you're looking to do a full sized keyboard go with the Corsair K70 - Fantastic keyboard and even despite spilling water/beer on it numerous times never had a single issue with it. If you're able to double the budget the Corsair K100 is a dreamy upgrade.

There's several other mechanical keyboards that aren't any bit short of the K70 but I prefer having the wrist wrest especially on longer gaming sessions as opposed to it being on the mouse pad.
Aug 19 2022 08:57pm
Quote (MahomeBoi @ Aug 19 2022 09:12pm)
If you're looking to do a full sized keyboard go with the Corsair K70 - Fantastic keyboard and even despite spilling water/beer on it numerous times never had a single issue with it. If you're able to double the budget the Corsair K100 is a dreamy upgrade.

There's several other mechanical keyboards that aren't any bit short of the K70 but I prefer having the wrist wrest especially on longer gaming sessions as opposed to it being on the mouse pad.

Ty
Gold: 187.37
Aug 19 2022 10:53pm
Quote (MarchGunt @ Aug 19 2022 09:57pm)
Ty

No problem, sorry I didn't feel like tpying out the list of every keyboard I've used compared to the price. I'd recommend going to a bestbuy and feel the difference out on a couple of them, if you have a Micro Center you're even better off but they have many less locations. Feel them out and figure out which switch you like the best.
I suppose my biggest thing is the wrist wrest on anything past an hour of gaming, especially if you're gaming daily.
Aug 20 2022 05:07am
Quote (MahomeBoi @ Aug 20 2022 12:53am)
No problem, sorry I didn't feel like tpying out the list of every keyboard I've used compared to the price. I'd recommend going to a bestbuy and feel the difference out on a couple of them, if you have a Micro Center you're even better off but they have many less locations. Feel them out and figure out which switch you like the best.
I suppose my biggest thing is the wrist wrest on anything past an hour of gaming, especially if you're gaming daily.

As I’m looking around at the features of these keyboards, I’m realizing that I only care about a few - the switches and the wrist pads mainly. Other features like lightning, software, etc., don’t really matter to me.

That said, the switches are something I’m unsure about - not sure if I would prefer linear or tactile. Like you said, I need to try some out in-store.

I’m a casual gamer, probably play ~1-2 hours a week, but the wrist pad is still something I’m looking for.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll