d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Lotr: The Rings Of Power
Prev1222324252627Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 13 2022 10:38am
Quote (Sixers @ Oct 12 2022 10:18pm)
Worst show ever?

No, but it certainly highlights how much the entertainment industry is just a bunch of shills.

To give episode 6 a 10/10 on IGN is a total joke. It had to be one of the worst episodes.

The writing is some of the worst fantasy. Its atrocious. Is it the worst though, no. Is it the worst when you take into context that there's pre-existing material with an already richly developed world that they simply had to build onto in a way that invests us into these main characters and factions. Yes it could be, I am invested in exactly no one really and they took a well developed world and made it feel like its just this trivial place you can sail across in a day, and charge across on horseback in an hour. It took the grandeur and flushed it down the toilet.
Gold: 250.00
Oct 13 2022 11:11am
Quote (Sixers @ Oct 12 2022 09:18pm)
Worst show ever?

Considering what they had to work with, people will certainly say this. From an objective standpoint though, it's not even close. It has plenty of faults, and like the poster above me said, they "took the grandeur and flushed it down the toiler", but there are tens of thousands of WAY worse shows. Literally anything reality TV, any live action anime adaptations, almost all of the content Netflix is putting out lol, the list goes on and on and on.

It's an absolute joke to give any of these episodes a 10/10 rating, but it'd also be a joke to say they deserve a 1 or a 2. It's a solidly mediocre show, that failed to capture the magic of the source material it's pulled from. If the creators put half as much effort into writing and developing these characters as they did advertising, we might have got a show verging on good.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 13 2022 11:12am
Gold: 1.00
Oct 13 2022 11:44am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 13 2022 11:11am)
Considering what they had to work with, people will certainly say this. From an objective standpoint though, it's not even close. It has plenty of faults, and like the poster above me said, they "took the grandeur and flushed it down the toiler", but there are tens of thousands of WAY worse shows. Literally anything reality TV, any live action anime adaptations, almost all of the content Netflix is putting out lol, the list goes on and on and on.

It's an absolute joke to give any of these episodes a 10/10 rating, but it'd also be a joke to say they deserve a 1 or a 2. It's a solidly mediocre show, that failed to capture the magic of the source material it's pulled from. If the creators put half as much effort into writing and developing these characters as they did advertising, we might have got a show verging on good.

I agree, it's funny though after the balance of troll 1-star reviews and the troll 10 star reviews mixed with actual decent, honest reviews we come somewhere close to where the show should be rated, a middle of the road show. A forgettable "meh" is how I would describe it without considering they had previous source material to work it.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 13 2022 11:44am
Gold: 10,200.00
Oct 13 2022 11:51am
Quote (SBD @ Oct 13 2022 11:44am)
I agree, it's funny though after the balance of troll 1-star reviews and the troll 10 star reviews mixed with actual decent, honest reviews we come somewhere close to where the show should be rated, a middle of the road show. A forgettable "meh" is how I would describe it without considering they had previous source material to work it.

I've tried investing some time into this show & it's just become a "Put it on the background" kind of show. More times than not I'm tempted to fast forward to a more developed or intriguing moment, which isn't a great look. I'm not like that with shows, but this one constantly has me tempted. Sometimes I'll refresh an episode that I fell asleep during, realizing I didn't miss too much. I'm rather bored of it overall, with some moments of "that was OK."
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 13 2022 11:23pm
I give the show credit for a "twist" that had just the right amount of surprise. The clues were there for viewers who knew the source material and analyzed each episode on social media. But it would still feel like a twist to a casual viewer who was just mindlessly following along.

Overall I'm glad I watched the season but I'm also glad it's over so I don't feel obligated to keep following it. There were plenty of eye-rolling moments and bad dialogue.

Are we supposed to assume that next season will cover the dwarves getting their rings? I like that the show laid groundwork for the dwarves so that we could see it paid off as part of a longer arc next season.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 20%
Oct 14 2022 03:58am
Here we go it's over and what a painful experience. Sauron/halbrand what a fking surprise totally didn't see that coming.

The whole thing felt so rushed like trying to write the script with an urge to go to the bathroom. They tried to squeeze 3 episodes into 1 and again what's with these unrealistic time jumps. One scene halbrand is in dying the next scene he is inside Calembrinbor's workshop "Well hello there, let's make some rings asap"

Lack of continuity, no real connection the discount hobbits goodbye felt drawn out. In fact the entire show gave a kind of vertigo effect almost as if it was written for adhd kids

This post was edited by addone on Oct 14 2022 04:08am
Gold: 144.33
Oct 14 2022 09:51pm
Fantastic finale. The show kept improving after starting slowly.

This was all ground work for the seasons ahead which are set up very promisingly.

This post was edited by piatek on Oct 14 2022 09:55pm
Gold: 23.00
Oct 14 2022 11:02pm
Quote (Sixers @ Oct 13 2022 12:18am)
Worst show ever?

Not even close to that Swan. Don't be a mindless social media drone.

It isn't a great show but it is nowhere near being as bad as the stupid sheep claim.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 14 2022 11:07pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 13 2022 10:11am)

:drool: :wacko:

Quote (fuzzy159 @ Oct 14 2022 10:02pm)
Not even close to that Swan. Don't be a mindless social media drone.

It isn't a great show but it is nowhere near being as bad as the stupid sheep claim.

irony.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 14 2022 11:10pm
Quote (addone @ Oct 14 2022 02:58am)
Here we go it's over and what a painful experience. Sauron/halbrand what a fking surprise totally didn't see that coming.

The whole thing felt so rushed like trying to write the script with an urge to go to the bathroom. They tried to squeeze 3 episodes into 1 and again what's with these unrealistic time jumps. One scene halbrand is in dying the next scene he is inside Calembrinbor's workshop "Well hello there, let's make some rings asap"

Lack of continuity, no real connection the discount hobbits goodbye felt drawn out. In fact the entire show gave a kind of vertigo effect almost as if it was written for adhd kids

:rofl:

i should hav read this b4 the wannbe football nerds that went into hiding.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1222324252627Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll