d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > D2r's Discussions' Little Tweak.
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 52,980.97
Jun 29 2022 11:57am
It occurred to me that this would allow the section to feel more alive if you're presented with
a perfected presentation and it would enable lists of information to be gathered through other users' feedback (over time).

A few Benefits from the top of my head:
- These could easily be used as reference in the future.
- Accuracy (revising / correcting typos etc)
- Tabulation / format
- General Clarity / stylization xD
- Indicating that the T/C
- Allowing the host to indicate their new opinion. Add additional Povs and address them.

No downside
Perhaps a search button could
also be implemented, but that is up to the big boys.

* Added "Idk / Idc" because "null votes" may not occur to everyone that visit this section at first or take a minute to read ;) (Double fail safe)
Gold: 281.64
Jun 29 2022 11:59am
For trades: I like the current model, but what I would love to see is after the "edit" window passes, the author could still apply strikeout text to lines.
For discussion: I'm not sure what benefit editing long after the OP adds. The discussion should evolve as it is interacted with.

If you "must" have a first post that evolves wth the conversation you can always make it a graphic, which allows you to edit it at the source while being "updatable" on d2jsp but again this is not an accessible solution as it only works for sighted users.

This post was edited by Cascadian on Jun 29 2022 12:06pm
Gold: 466.99
Jun 29 2022 12:10pm
A lot of your bulleted point lists are too generic and broad. For example, "General clarity / stylization", what exactly are you suggesting for increased clarity and what for styling?

Maybe a mockup image would be better / help you relay your thoughts.

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Jun 29 2022 12:10pm
Jun 29 2022 12:12pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Jun 29 2022 01:59pm)
I like the current model, but what I would love to see is after the "edit" window passes, the author could still apply strikeout text to lines.

So you're saying no and yes at the same time? :huh:

Quote (Cascadian @ Jun 29 2022 01:59pm)
For trades: I like the current model, but what I would love to see is after the "edit" window passes, the author could still apply strikeout text to lines.
For discussion: I'm not sure what benefit editing long after the OP adds. The discussion should evolve as it is interacted with.

This expresses exactly what I mean: People edit their posts. It's a discussion and it should be allowed to "evolve".
While reposting a topic is possible, I think it's best to be able to be brought up to speed by the host/OP himself.

I wanted to post a topic earlier this morning thinking: "Lets talk about melee fire druids"
and try to make a dual phoenix druid work with the new ias changes on shapeshift. (<-- These updates to the game can change the baseline, too)
I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I could turn the topic into a guide with updated information. Instead of juggling with a notepad
and whatnot, I can actually have a conversation where the introduction - always - benefits the discussion instead of the eventual opposite
that can stem from: typos, updates, knowledge gaps, personal growth, insights, feedback (the list goes on and on).

At first I also wanted to see if a topic existed about the subject (hence the search box line)

Jul 1 2022 12:56pm
Bump
Admin
Gold: 176,310.69
Trader: Trusted
Jul 1 2022 02:54pm
Sorry but we have no plans to modify the way post edits work currently. Thanks for the suggestion.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll