d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Do You Guys Agree Binge Watching Is Better
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,697.38
Jun 17 2022 08:28pm
Really depends on you.

There are shows that you have to watch week by week... tough fucking luck when you like them aye?

Don't get me wrong, I have binged watched a lot of TV series that I liked watching in the past before Internet came about just to catch up, or because the local broadcasters stopped paying for the shows and you only experience 1 to 3 seasons (years) of that same show... thus... the internet has been a blessing to catch up on the last 12 years of the show while binging.

Again, it only depends on you... I will wait for certain shows to be completed and then Binge watch it, however, like game of thrones... everyone had to wait for the next episode etc.
Gold: 805.50
Jun 18 2022 09:50am
Lately Netflix doing half seasons of the final seasons of my fav shows,
.first half is so dam good,
2nd half .... so disappointing

.except for lucifer season 6 ( that was all bad)
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2022 06:14pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 17 2022 06:18pm)
It would be pretty great if they realized that cliff hangers piss people off more than they encourage watching.

If you don't know how to end a season/episode on a cliff hanger and don't know how to start a season/episode without a previous cliff hanger to resolve then why are you even a writer?

Well said. Unfortunately, lazy/bad writing probably resonates with the majority of viewers now. I’ve talked to tons of people who genuinely love season cliff hangers, which makes fuck all sense to me.

There are rare occasions where it’s warranted, or it’s done in a way which it resolves, but leaves the next season setup for something that’s been foreshadowed throughout previous seasons. The ones that really piss me off are the ones that are clearly after thought bullshit. Like throwing out a new villain who was really behind things the whole time (with absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim) or the ultra lazy kill off an Uber popular character, but leave their death open ended enough to make them think they’ll come back, which they ALWAYS do.

There are plenty of additional examples, but I’ve discussed this enough lol. I really hate this lazy bullshit
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2022 06:16pm
Quote (tonytouchtt @ Jun 18 2022 08:50am)
Lately Netflix doing half seasons of the final seasons of my fav shows,
.first half is so dam good,
2nd half .... so disappointing

.except for lucifer season 6 ( that was all bad)

I mean, Lucifer was bad since S1 Episode 1, so there’s that. Out of sheer curiosity, what were the other shows you’re referring to?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 18 2022 10:07pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 19 2022 10:16am)
I mean, Lucifer was bad since S1 Episode 1, so there’s that. Out of sheer curiosity, what were the other shows you’re referring to?

kill yourself fucking pussy coward
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 19 2022 02:10am
Quote (Cbramgar @ Jun 19 2022 12:07am)
kill yourself fucking pussy coward

It's Morbin time
Gold: 805.50
Jun 19 2022 09:20am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 18 2022 08:16pm)

Thee biggest one....
Ozark, the 2nd half of the ending just didn't have that spark.....
It didn't make u go woa.... like older finaleees on Ozark

And season 3 of You was very mediocre,

You season 1 and 2 were cool

N let's see if stranger things will drop the ball with the ending

This post was edited by tonytouchtt on Jun 19 2022 09:20am
Jun 22 2022 08:02am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 19 Jun 2022 12:14)
Well said. Unfortunately, lazy/bad writing probably resonates with the majority of viewers now. I’ve talked to tons of people who genuinely love season cliff hangers, which makes fuck all sense to me.

There are rare occasions where it’s warranted, or it’s done in a way which it resolves, but leaves the next season setup for something that’s been foreshadowed throughout previous seasons. The ones that really piss me off are the ones that are clearly after thought bullshit. Like throwing out a new villain who was really behind things the whole time (with absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim) or the ultra lazy kill off an Uber popular character, but leave their death open ended enough to make them think they’ll come back, which they ALWAYS do.

There are plenty of additional examples, but I’ve discussed this enough lol. I really hate this lazy bullshit

Whoa... hang on there... so you are saying that the "writers" are "lazy and bad" at doing their job and they are getting PAID for it and IT has been PRODUCED and AIRED and YOU... call them "bad &/or lazy"????

Who the fuck are you? Are you a Script Writer? Are YOU involved in creating &/or writing these scripts and PAID for it?... NO, YOU are just pointing out YOUR point of VIEW based ON YOUR opinion OUT of THE recognised and PAID writers (yup they are bad)... but... yes BUT... YOU... YOUR OPINION... is VALID only to YOU and like minded (i.e. myself with some scrutiny).

Choose your wordings... YOU AIN'T SPECIAL when it comes to SCRIPT writing... YOU only have a one(1) PERSON view (yes, I agree with 20%, but you ain't all that unless you can create a BETTER original script that has NOT been introduced!!!)
Gold: 8,355.04
Jun 22 2022 08:15am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 22 2022 10:02am)
Whoa... hang on there... so you are saying that the "writers" are "lazy and bad" at doing their job and they are getting PAID for it and IT has been PRODUCED and AIRED and YOU... call them "bad &/or lazy"????

Who the fuck are you? Are you a Script Writer? Are YOU involved in creating &/or writing these scripts and PAID for it?... NO, YOU are just pointing out YOUR point of VIEW based ON YOUR opinion OUT of THE recognised and PAID writers (yup they are bad)... but... yes BUT... YOU... YOUR OPINION... is VALID only to YOU and like minded (i.e. myself with some scrutiny).

Choose your wordings... YOU AIN'T SPECIAL when it comes to SCRIPT writing... YOU only have a one(1) PERSON view (yes, I agree with 20%, but you ain't all that unless you can create a BETTER original script that has NOT been introduced!!!)

:huh: I think we found the lazy writer
Jun 22 2022 08:23am
Quote (Flameyes @ 23 Jun 2022 02:15)
:huh: I think we found the lazy writer

I may have misread your post, but (big BUT) if you are referring to me (not saying you are) with my previous post... I can actually agree with you (if I was a lazy script writer for a show that you know.).

Now, if your post was in reference to the person I quoted, then I will have to say that you need to address them personally so that we (as viewers) get a better understanding of the script you seem to be posting with your comment that I have quoted.

Can you Flameyes enlighten us with your "Script" writing and divulge in the next episode???

EDIT: Don't reply... you are just following a script that I am writing by your writing in response, basically if anyone replies, they are just characters in a "real life online douchebag series"... but all viewed by their own comments... basically... if you don't respond, or others NOT respond, the show ends. Just like 90% of the shows on local TV.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 22 2022 08:27am
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll