d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Boys S3
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 805.50
Jul 10 2022 11:43am
Guys

Queen mave beat home lander in a 1v1 brawl
Queen mave also showed us a weakness, n made homelanders ear bleed; but she also has extreme strength, normal humans probably couldn't shove a needle in home landers ear n make him bleed

But homelander held back, he didn't wanna fight ( I think he could of killed Queen mave if he really wanted)

So the shows version of homelanders weaknesses so far

Is extreme brute strength ( soldier boy and Queen mave can actually hurt him, maybe butcher on v)
Maybe soldier boys super nuke could of took homelanders powers away ( we will never know, cuz Billy chose to save ryan)
And lack of love ( he's psychologically a very lonely damaged soul, so he needs love)
A grown up Ryan ( whether he picks to be good or evil, he's showed signs of great eye lazer power already at a young age)

In the comics ( home landers contingency plan, is black noir is secretly a homelander clone n can handle home lander) so its completely different from the show

Very similar to wonder woman and superman,

Wonder woman can actually wound superman or clap his ears n make them ring,

But if superman really wanted too, he'd kill wonderwoman in one punch or fly her in the sun or something

This post was edited by tonytouchtt on Jul 10 2022 11:48am
Gold: 1,107.43
Jul 12 2022 08:18am
Quote (tonytouchtt @ Jul 10 2022 01:43pm)
Guys

Queen mave also showed us a weakness, n made homelanders ear bleed; but she also has extreme strength, normal humans probably couldn't shove a needle in home landers ear n make him bleed

But homelander held back, he didn't wanna fight ( I think he could of killed Queen mave if he really wanted)

Is extreme brute strength ( soldier boy and Queen mave can actually hurt him, maybe butcher on v)
Maybe soldier boys super nuke could of took homelanders powers away ( we will never know, cuz Billy chose to save ryan)
And lack of love ( he's psychologically a very lonely damaged soul, so he needs love)
A grown up Ryan ( whether he picks to be good or evil, he's showed signs of great eye lazer power already at a young age)

In the comics ( home landers contingency plan, is black noir is secretly a homelander clone n can handle home lander) so its completely different from the show

But if superman really wanted too, he'd kill wonderwoman in one punch or fly her in the sun or something

Thanks for explaining all that for us
Gold: 39,837.69
Jul 14 2022 10:23am
Quote (The_Outsider @ Jul 12 2022 09:18am)
Thanks for explaining all that for us

What would we do without him
Gold: 14,226.06
Jul 14 2022 11:50am
Quote (tonytouchtt @ 10 Jul 2022 10:43)
Guys

Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 15 2022 04:29pm
Enjoyed the season, but incredibly disappointing end.

I of course enjoy the source material more, and for the most part I’ve been able to see these as two different things that just have some similarities. These past few episodes have been especially tough to swallow… a lot of people seemed to love *herogasm* and it was just such a massive fucking letdown. A Train had his moment in the sun which was amazing, but him dying there would have been the perfect closure to his story, especially after his heartfelt apology. A lot of the changes have just been baffling, Stillwell, Malory, compound V and so on and so forth, but shit like the fight with Maeve, this weird shit with Soldier Boy, making Homelander the result of generic lottery versus a bioengineered super weapon meant to surpass all other supes and fucking Noir. Like it’s all just so confusing.

All of it just seems so nonsensical and counter productive to good story telling. I know things have to be different, but Maeve has been terrified of Homelander, every supe is, then it turns out he can be overpowered by what, a couple other supes or people who shoot them selves full of V like it’s nothing? The fuck would you be scared of that if he’s so easy to overpower?

Him being that powerful made sense when he was the perfectly engineered supe, but na, we just took some other dudes jizz and slightly modified it and even though he’s weaker than another dude we already overpowered with zero casualties, he’s too scary to fuck with?

We’ll see where they go, maybe they’ve got a plan to get this back on track, but I am pretty concerned. Hard to believe Garth actually signed off on all these mediocre changes.
Gold: 75.00
Jul 17 2022 11:56am
This season was kind of fucking stupid.

Almost nothing happened.
Gold: 805.50
Jul 18 2022 11:03am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 15 2022 06:29pm)
Enjoyed the season, but incredibly disappointing end.

I of course enjoy the source material more, and for the most part I’ve been able to see these as two different things that just have some similarities. These past few episodes have been especially tough to swallow… a lot of people seemed to love *herogasm* and it was just such a massive fucking letdown. A Train had his moment in the sun which was amazing, but him dying there would have been the perfect closure to his story, especially after his heartfelt apology. A lot of the changes have just been baffling, Stillwell, Malory, compound V and so on and so forth, but shit like the fight with Maeve, this weird shit with Soldier Boy, making Homelander the result of generic lottery versus a bioengineered super weapon meant to surpass all other supes and fucking Noir. Like it’s all just so confusing.

All of it just seems so nonsensical and counter productive to good story telling. I know things have to be different, but Maeve has been terrified of Homelander, every supe is, then it turns out he can be overpowered by what, a couple other supes or people who shoot them selves full of V like it’s nothing? The fuck would you be scared of that if he’s so easy to overpower?

Him being that powerful made sense when he was the perfectly engineered supe, but na, we just took some other dudes jizz and slightly modified it and even though he’s weaker than another dude we already overpowered with zero casualties, he’s too scary to fuck with?

We’ll see where they go, maybe they’ve got a plan to get this back on track, but I am pretty concerned. Hard to believe Garth actually signed off on all these mediocre changes.

Bro he wasn't just out powered by anybody
He was facing the #2 strongest super hero (soldier boy)
With Billy Bucher ( probabaly the strongest guy on temp V, cuz he's the main character) and his rage just amplifies it
N huey helped too

I've stated b4 in the boys it's weird, it seems like every supe has some sort of super strength, n might even be bullet proof too

Starlight can lift a car , n she's a projectile girl, her super saiyan moment was dope

But I did the power scaling well, n the show made soldier boy really tucking strong, n he got the nuclear option added to him

I think the boys works better as a binge, it's like a long movie,
I Agree the final episode didn't feel like super epic* it wasn't the scorched earth we were promised ; that's cuz season 4 has to come,
N Billy Butcher is 95% likely to sacrifice him self to end the story,

I have a feeling boys is done by s4 or s5 max

I did feel that part where huey chose to let his girl shine , instead of taking temp v n trying to be the man ( remember huey on temp v, was actually able to punch A train; n actually hurt him)

N homelander could of just ripped queen Maeves head off,
It's just deep down, home lander cares about her in a twisted way, he needs her eggs lol

Queen Maeve is the #2 strongest on the 7 team, just like wonderwoman is

It was fun to.finally see how homelander actually fights, cuz he mostly just uses his eye lazers

This post was edited by tonytouchtt on Jul 18 2022 11:12am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 19 2022 02:24pm
100x better than season 2.

season2 almost killed the series it was so bad.

s3 was better than s1, tbh. B)

This post was edited by Cbramgar on Jul 19 2022 02:25pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 19 2022 10:08pm
Quote (tonytouchtt @ Jul 18 2022 10:03am)
Bro he wasn't just out powered by anybody
He was facing the #2 strongest super hero (soldier boy)
With Billy Bucher ( probabaly the strongest guy on temp V, cuz he's the main character) and his rage just amplifies it
N huey helped too

I've stated b4 in the boys it's weird, it seems like every supe has some sort of super strength, n might even be bullet proof too

Starlight can lift a car , n she's a projectile girl, her super saiyan moment was dope

But I did the power scaling well, n the show made soldier boy really tucking strong, n he got the nuclear option added to him

I think the boys works better as a binge, it's like a long movie,
I Agree the final episode didn't feel like super epic* it wasn't the scorched earth we were promised ; that's cuz season 4 has to come,
N Billy Butcher is 95% likely to sacrifice him self to end the story,

I have a feeling boys is done by s4 or s5 max

I did feel that part where huey chose to let his girl shine , instead of taking temp v n trying to be the man ( remember huey on temp v, was actually able to punch A train; n actually hurt him)

N homelander could of just ripped queen Maeves head off,
It's just deep down, home lander cares about her in a twisted way, he needs her eggs lol

Queen Maeve is the #2 strongest on the 7 team, just like wonderwoman is

It was fun to.finally see how homelander actually fights, cuz he mostly just uses his eye lazers

Soldier Boy is garbage and him being #2 is stupid, Maeve also isn’t #2 by a long shot, Noir was/is.

You’re still missing the point though. The entire show they’ve painted him as a god, but even Maeve can make him bleed. Whether he’s trying or not is irrelevant. If it’s really that simple, give like 20 dudes temp V and have them go rip the dude to shreds.

That’s the problem, he’s literally supposed to be so strong it wouldn’t matter what they throw at him, but a handful of dudes who shot up blue poison and a guy who’s been asleep for 5 decades can nearly subdue him.

That, along with shitting all over the creation process for Homelander that explained why he was so powerful to begin with, we’re both incomprehensible decisions by the writers.

A. perfectly engineered super human who’s had every single aspect of his genetic makeup designed for maximum output

Or

B. Uh we took jizz from this other super strong supe and tada! We got you.

Like, you get that Soldier Boy is Captain America, right? Why the fuck can he fuck up Superman lol
Gold: 0.80
Jul 20 2022 05:41am
He isn't a direct parody of captain America though is he, he is also a walking nuke.

But that said, I do feel they nerfed homelander hard for the fight scenes.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll