d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > So Adding Vit Early Is Good ?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,518.27
Jun 29 2022 03:31pm
Quote (Krayze @ May 29 2022 06:23pm)
I made a level 7 warrior and didn't add any stat points because I didn't know lol xD I fount a good 2h damage weapon and just wrecked stuff, but I guess you gain life each level based on your vit? What does this mean, add early points into vit ? I seen 100 stat points should go into vit does this make sense? I'll probably remake my fighter since he's only lv 7 if I messed up.

So 100 vit, rest strength until lv 71? Any advice on equip? Not trying to spend FG sadly :( thanks ❤️

Uh I’m gonna chime in since I think no one has clarified…

Stat points that you get to allocate yourself will give you retroactive life or mana based on your current level, so you can stat strength or dexterity in early levels since low level mobs barely do damage, the start to pump vit later…

However vit or int added from objectives (e.g., sneaky) won’t grant retroactive life, only life per level since you completed the objective.

And as you’re probably aware, vit or int on gear does not provide any life or mana.

Happy slashing!
Gold: 8,701.18
Jun 29 2022 06:30pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 30 Jun 2022 09:31)
Uh I’m gonna chime in since I think no one has clarified…

Stat points that you get to allocate yourself will give you retroactive life or mana based on your current level, so you can stat strength or dexterity in early levels since low level mobs barely do damage, the start to pump vit later…

However vit or int added from objectives (e.g., sneaky) won’t grant retroactive life, only life per level since you completed the objective.

And as you’re probably aware, vit or int on gear does not provide any life or mana.

Happy slashing!

Great reply, however (no, not a 'but' response from me.);

It is "Class" / "Starting Stat(s)" and "Gear" dependent for the player and what they want to achieve.

As a Hardcore player that solo's (even if I was on SC solo'ing)... I want more hit points so that I do NOT DIE so I have more chances to gain prof points without the death penalty... but that is just me... so... gaining more hit points early benefits my survival and I can add damage when IT COUNTS... level 1 to 25 is a "Cake-Walk" using cheap gear, whereas higher levels require more EE @ those levels (25-MQ) items.

I guess it comes down to personal opinion, however, when a person is new and is starting out and not allowed to join a group with people that has gear, they have to fend for themselves, so they should start pumping Vitality from the start to a maximum of 100 base vitality, then add to damage stats.

Mage only has 20 base vitality, but can only use Light armor (robes), so they have less defense, lower hit points... what is the point of adding to Intelligence to cast a few times... NOTE: depends on the player right, it also depends on the DEVICE they are playing Ladder Slasher (Phone or PC?).

Again: It is "Class" / "Starting Stat(s)" and "Gear" dependent for the player and what they want to achieve.

If you have the starting gear... do what you want with stat placement... if you don't, do the same, but then take into account how a Death penalizes you on SC.
Gold: 20,518.27
Jun 29 2022 07:19pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 29 2022 02:30pm)
Great reply, however (no, not a 'but' response from me.);

It is "Class" / "Starting Stat(s)" and "Gear" dependent for the player and what they want to achieve.

As a Hardcore player that solo's (even if I was on SC solo'ing)... I want more hit points so that I do NOT DIE so I have more chances to gain prof points without the death penalty... but that is just me... so... gaining more hit points early benefits my survival and I can add damage when IT COUNTS... level 1 to 25 is a "Cake-Walk" using cheap gear, whereas higher levels require more EE @ those levels (25-MQ) items.

I guess it comes down to personal opinion, however, when a person is new and is starting out and not allowed to join a group with people that has gear, they have to fend for themselves, so they should start pumping Vitality from the start to a maximum of 100 base vitality, then add to damage stats.

Mage only has 20 base vitality, but can only use Light armor (robes), so they have less defense, lower hit points... what is the point of adding to Intelligence to cast a few times... NOTE: depends on the player right, it also depends on the DEVICE they are playing Ladder Slasher (Phone or PC?).

Again: It is "Class" / "Starting Stat(s)" and "Gear" dependent for the player and what they want to achieve.

If you have the starting gear... do what you want with stat placement... if you don't, do the same, but then take into account how a Death penalizes you on SC.

I only spent about 10 seconds reading but I think I know where this is going.

I agree with ya. I just want to make sure the guy who asked the question doesn't think that you need to stat the vit early or you permanently lose those life points during that climb :P
Gold: 8,701.18
Jun 30 2022 12:59am
Quote (BWConformity @ 30 Jun 2022 13:19)
I only spent about 10 seconds reading but I think I know where this is going.

I agree with ya. I just want to make sure the guy who asked the question doesn't think that you need to stat the vit early or you permanently lose those life points during that climb :P

So true, I mean I played my characters saving stat points before using them... however, I made sure that only happened after I got a base of 100 vitality on Hardcore solo'ing... also did the same and NOT choose an ability right up to level 65... now how frustrating that would be for the current players now? Very I could imagine, especially newcomers that never experienced playing the game before Abilities were introduced like you, me and others.

Hey... I hate whistle, but then one has to either use it, or not. However... never ever start a character class with a minimum BASE vitality Goal... and it is better and easier to do this at the start of a climb than it is at higher levels where you take more damage.

Point of view right?

Edit: if someone tells you the minimum Vitality is 50 / 60 / 75 or 100+ ... then pump it early when you can kill things off faster and have more hit point to last longer in a catacomb where you are higher level and charge up your abilities more to kill faster.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 30 2022 01:02am
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll