d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Laptop Or Desktop ?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.23
May 22 2022 10:52am
I know i posted before and i got my brother computer with you guys help but now I need advice again please

I would prefer a laptop because its faster and simpler for me to get in Mexico but i want to know what better

Between a desktop or a laptop

Budget is up to 3k

Utility : have to be able to have multiple poker sites open like 5-6 sites with 12 tables and have youtube / streaming running without ever crashing. Idealy alot of ram

Only gaming I would do would be d2r but I want it to be super clean experience.

Any idea which laptop to get or a computer build I should make?

Thanks

Gold: 17,091.00
May 23 2022 07:56am
Laptop would work fine, it just might run a bit hot and would maybe need an external cooling pad or something similar.
Gold: 796.00
May 23 2022 02:49pm
sure but can we have some poker tips in exchange? :)

you absolutely don't need a desktop to do those things, a laptop will not crash frequently under normal circumstances. I don't think you'll need to spend 3k to get what you want done, but there are benefits to spending more of course that you could choose to take advantage of.

are you going to be using this as a portable system once at your destination, or just using it as a desktop replacement?

May 23 2022 03:16pm
Quote (purplex @ May 23 2022 01:49pm)
sure but can we have some poker tips in exchange? :)

you absolutely don't need a desktop to do those things, a laptop will not crash frequently under normal circumstances. I don't think you'll need to spend 3k to get what you want done, but there are benefits to spending more of course that you could choose to take advantage of.

are you going to be using this as a portable system once at your destination, or just using it as a desktop replacement?

:) hahah thanks for answer

I already have a good laptop but for reason I ignore it crash from time to time while I have every poker softwares open and youtube fews hours into the session. It happen once in a while but the money I lose during the 2min I miss is innacceptable.

Its not actually a crash its more like screen and monitor become black and i cannot see anything or click nothing anymore so I just rush to restart it and be back asap to the tables.

I would rather a desktop because my laptop is fine so having 2 laptop is not usefull.

It would be way cooler and easier to go to a shop and buy new laptop and be done with it instead of finding a shop that can build the desktop I need and wait for it etc.

The desktop would remain at my house in Mexico as I already have one in Canada and my laptop is fine enough for travel

I wouldnt mind paying some extra to have slight overkill computer compare to my need.

What would you recommand me?

Sorry if not clear somewhere just lmk and thanks for help

May 23 2022 03:31pm

Quote (THCHunter @ May 23 2022 05:16pm)
:) hahah thanks for answer

I already have a good laptop but for reason I ignore it crash from time to time while I have every poker softwares open and youtube fews hours into the session. It happen once in a while but the money I lose during the 2min I miss is innacceptable.

Its not actually a crash its more like screen and monitor become black and i cannot see anything or click nothing anymore so I just rush to restart it and be back asap to the tables.

I would rather a desktop because my laptop is fine so having 2 laptop is not usefull.

It would be way cooler and easier to go to a shop and buy new laptop and be done with it instead of finding a shop that can build the desktop I need and wait for it etc.

The desktop would remain at my house in Mexico as I already have one in Canada and my laptop is fine enough for travel

I wouldnt mind paying some extra to have slight overkill computer compare to my need.

What would you recommand me?

Sorry if not clear somewhere just lmk and thanks for help

do you want a list of parts from pc part picker to give to someone that you find, or maybe looking for a system builder? i like NZXT BLD if that's the case.
May 23 2022 04:26pm
Quote (purplex @ May 23 2022 02:31pm)
do you want a list of parts from pc part picker to give to someone that you find, or maybe looking for a system builder? i like NZXT BLD if that's the case.

Yes that would be ideal if you could please :)

No idea what nXt and bld is tbh :D
May 23 2022 04:29pm
when you say streaming you just mean watching streams right? or do you stream yourself?

and what specs do you have now? cpu/gpu/RAM?

This post was edited by purplex on May 23 2022 04:29pm
May 23 2022 04:36pm
Quote (purplex @ May 23 2022 03:29pm)
when you say streaming you just mean watching streams right? or do you stream yourself?

and what specs do you have now? cpu/gpu/RAM?

12g ram i7 and im not 100% sure

I could let you know exactly the specs in a fews hours cuz i just boarded my plane

And yes correct I only watch streaming
May 23 2022 05:33pm
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z3kBqm

there is a good route you can go with DDR4 instead of what I linked.. with that and some other things you could get this done in the 1XXX range. you could also get a 3080 instead and make it work for near what I have. you could double the ram if you want. you could get a 1000w PSU if your pockets are heavy.
there is also am5.. i think that's soon?

you could get away without the extra fans, or a pack of these: https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-ACFAN00137A-Value-Pack-Pressure-Optimized/dp/B07HC782D5 and stick with the 1x CPU (noctua) fan. I assume you don't plan to OC? what resolution do you play at? and 60/120/144hz etc?
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll