d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > What To Invest
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 2 2022 11:11am
Quote (FrenchVanilla @ 1 Apr 2022 10:37)
This is actually not a bad idea. Nvidia imo is a great company but is pricing in a substantial amount of growth already.

This is a tougher one. right now the market is pre pricing in a lot of growth for such a high capex company. but one thing i learned is never bet against Elon.

I have a couple ones im invested in atm. FB i feel is pretty safe at the current price point as long as they can manage to grow 5-10% in the next two years. If they can, itll return somewhere around 15-30% CAGR depending on market enthusiasm over the same period.

The other 2 im looking at, and currently have medium positions in, are WFCF and SMIT. WFCF is very interesting in terms of long term prospects as is SMIT but SMIT is more of a turnaround than WFCF.
On those 2 I feel less comfortable giving predictions because I myself haven't fully completed my analysis on them, but they seem promising so far.

I think long term the chip makers/semi conductors are a good buy!

Personally I’m in both Intel and AMD and try to grab more shares on each decent dip opportunity.

Intel is one the dog of the dows this year. Imo those are relatively safe investments you can look those up I would start there for buying companies and expand once you gain more market knowledge. (How I started)

For markets we are having a pretty strong bounce rn wouldn’t be buying up here. (Spy and QQQ) Look up the RSI indicator, use it as a guide to gauge if price has dropped to low to quickly. then watch the stock for a few days and see if it stoped at a previous support level, and is holding, then you can start buying. Way I have approached it for a year now growing my dividend portfolio
Gold: 0.00
Apr 3 2022 04:59pm
TSLA, ENPH, and INTC are all strong bets on my end.
Gold: 8,751.00
Apr 11 2022 09:39am
Quote (RatM @ Mar 31 2022 11:47pm)
Chip makers

Bingo. I loaded up in Nvidia today after downgrade.
Gold: 51,372.00
May 2 2022 12:12am
For diversification, I'd recommend money market etfs (SHV or BIL)

I'm personally heavy on pharmatech :D
Gold: 13,940.40
May 5 2022 06:36pm
being so heavy into both $qqq and $pltr is probably too weighted towards tech and is going to underperform with such high forward PE ratios, rising rates isn't nice to these types of companies.

check out finviz.com, look at different sectors to the right

you can diversify into other sectors, find an area that hasn't been doing well that you are personally bullish on, again, probably stay away from tech/high PEs though

personally i think homebuilders are extremely undervalued. most of them have book values that exceed share price, tons of vacant land that's being treated like it's useless. i don't think real estate is in a bubble, i think appreciation slows but still goes up, i think there's a ton of first time homebuyers that will re-enter bidding wars once they can write contingent to financing/appraisal clauses again.

not recommending you go into homebuilders but just that kind of logic
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll