d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Watson To Browns
Prev15678912Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
Mar 22 2022 09:38am
Quote (Acuity @ Mar 22 2022 11:30am)
I don't dislike or like Baker.

But it's crazy to me the media spin on how Baker is the immature one for getting upset that the organization was trying to replace him and as soon as they found out (at the time) that they weren't going to be able to get Watson they were pissed he wanted to be traded.

The media is still talking about how Baker is the problem. It's so fucking weird to me.

It’s his total lack of accountability for botching last season that pissed ownership, teammates, and a lot of fans off

He is single-handedly the reason we didn’t make the playoffs

This post was edited by Article on Mar 22 2022 09:38am
Gold: 75.00
Mar 22 2022 09:46am
Quote (Article @ Mar 22 2022 08:38am)
It’s his total lack of accountability for botching last season that pissed ownership, teammates, and a lot of fans off

He is single-handedly the reason we didn’t make the playoffs

I don't know enough about the Browns but did they force Baker to keep playing or did he force himself without their urging?

That being said I don't think anyone thinks he's a veteran leader and a pillar of maturity. I think the reason why this whole thing is crazy is I believe I've seen one media personality defend Baker.

The media has been completely focused on how horrible Baker has handled it when I don't think any single person anywhere in the world is going to feel like they're being taken care of when they are actively trading away years of capital for your replacement.

Then imagine being like what the fuck? And the organizational leaks come out and they're talking shit about you. Then the whole time the media is making you the problem. That's insane.
Mar 22 2022 10:30am
Quote (Acuity @ Mar 22 2022 11:46am)
I don't know enough about the Browns but did they force Baker to keep playing or did he force himself without their urging?

That being said I don't think anyone thinks he's a veteran leader and a pillar of maturity. I think the reason why this whole thing is crazy is I believe I've seen one media personality defend Baker.

The media has been completely focused on how horrible Baker has handled it when I don't think any single person anywhere in the world is going to feel like they're being taken care of when they are actively trading away years of capital for your replacement.

Then imagine being like what the fuck? And the organizational leaks come out and they're talking shit about you. Then the whole time the media is making you the problem. That's insane.

He made the decision himself to play

Why would anyone defend mayfield though? He gloats when he wins, pouts when he loses, and got carried by a godly team around him.

Since entering the league Mayfield has the most interceptions of any qb in the nfl. And he leads the league in fourth quarter interceptions by a significant margin.

He has one game winning drive in four seasons as the starter, he NEVER makes the clutch play when it’s needed.

He made the decision to play injured and ruin the browns season and waste a prime year of Chubb, Hunt, Garrett, Ward.

He ran Odell out of town.

If you’re a player who wears their heart on their sleeve and are hyper competitive, you better be able to deal with the consequences when you play like shit.
Gold: 1,294.38
Mar 22 2022 02:42pm
Quote (Article @ Mar 22 2022 12:30pm)
He made the decision himself to play

Why would anyone defend mayfield though? He gloats when he wins, pouts when he loses, and got carried by a godly team around him.

Since entering the league Mayfield has the most interceptions of any qb in the nfl. And he leads the league in fourth quarter interceptions by a significant margin.

He has one game winning drive in four seasons as the starter, he NEVER makes the clutch play when it’s needed.

He made the decision to play injured and ruin the browns season and waste a prime year of Chubb, Hunt, Garrett, Ward.

He ran Odell out of town.

If you’re a player who wears their heart on their sleeve and are hyper competitive, you better be able to deal with the consequences when you play like shit.

yeah thats on jv coach stefanski bud, not baker.

it's up to the coaches to do what's in the best interest of the team and the player - ie protecting a player from himself by not letting him play if he can't be effective or risking further injury

the narrative that baker had final say means the browns are as dysfunctional as the memes claim and they should fire the staff and get a new owner. lol
Gold: 79,366.46
Mar 22 2022 02:46pm
Quote (Hoos @ Mar 22 2022 04:42pm)

it's up to the coaches to do what's in the best interest of the team and the player - ie protecting a player from himself by not letting him play if he can't be effective or risking further injury

the narrative that baker had final say means the browns are as dysfunctional as the memes claim and they should fire the staff and get a new owner. lol

Yeah, what kind of team gives full control of personnel decisions to the player lol.

Hell, Eli Manning was perfectly healthy and grinding out a consecutive start record, and then McAdoo sits him anyway because the coaches/FO wanted to see what they had in Geno Smith lol
Mar 22 2022 05:29pm
Quote (Hoos @ Mar 22 2022 04:42pm)

Or stefanski let him choose because baker wasn’t his qb he brought in or drafted so it’s a convenient excuse if he played poorly to upgrade the position.

Baker gambled on himself, and lost. end of story. I don’t blame Stefanski at all.

This post was edited by Article on Mar 22 2022 05:30pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 24 2022 11:18am
Browns browning like always. Gave an extremely massive contract to a guy still under legal investigation. :rofl:
Gold: 0.00
Mar 24 2022 11:47am
Quote (Article @ Mar 22 2022 06:29pm)
Or stefanski let him choose because baker wasn’t his qb he brought in or drafted so it’s a convenient excuse if he played poorly to upgrade the position.

Baker gambled on himself, and lost. end of story. I don’t blame Stefanski at all.

You realize that had baker sat when he could have played your tune would be 100% opposite by crucifying him for making your team lose cuz he didn't play :rofl: I highly enjoy watching you die on these hills
Gold: 23,000.00
Mar 24 2022 12:59pm
Quote (Article @ Mar 22 2022 04:29pm)

Coaches are the parents and players are the children. You don't let children make choices that need to be made by parents...
Gold: 400.50
Mar 24 2022 03:17pm
Quote (Disappointing @ Mar 24 2022 02:59pm)
Coaches are the parents and players are the children. You don't let children make choices that need to be made by parents...

lol maybe if your children are thoroughbred race horses. The NFL has gotten away from this, players do what they want, the coaching staff and front office determines whether or not their talent surpasses the horse and pony show. College is closer to parents/children, the ducks coach had the look of my father on his face this past year lol.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev15678912Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll