d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Boot Error. M.2 ? Windows ?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,130.00
Feb 24 2022 04:21pm
Hey guys so only really seems to happen if I'm playing call of duty but my pc will crash and the "boot" light on my motherboard flashes. Computer immediately turns back on and is fine every time.
I am using a pretty new Kingston m.2. I have updated the firmware for the m.2 (wasn't actually aware there was firmware for hard drives)
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
MSI X570 WIFI EDGE
I really don't think the m.2 is faulty as I ran a few test and also Kingston's program says the health is 100%
I thought I likely had a corrupt windows file. I did a sfc /scannow and it actually told me that there was a corrupted file and it was fixed. I was sure that was the problem but here we are again pc crashed while playing and the same "boot" light on the mobo flashed.
Here are pics the MEMTEST i ran lastnight. passed with 0 problems.
https://imgur.com/a/WCSu1mm
https://imgur.com/a/8W0VOt9
https://imgur.com/a/8GkFcEe
Sort of stumped as i am fairly sure the m.2 is not faulty.
Gold: 0.55
Mar 8 2022 07:25am
its cod that is causing the problem and its not your hardware. So its a software issue. U could try and run the game in safemode, try different graphical settings, use the repair function on the game or reinstall the game.
Gold: 796.00
Mar 8 2022 04:15pm
it's not the expected behavior that one run of SFC is all it takes, you are supposed to run it until it cannot find errors. run this first: dism online cleanup-image restorehealth, then repeat sfc.

check event viewer and look for application errors around the same time of your crashes to see what's going on. you can open it directly in a run prompt by entering eventvwr.msc .. you can find application section on the left side of the screen after expanding "Windows Logs", you can check system as well. if you dont know the specific time just filter current log for errors and critical and see what remains.

could also try a clean installation of the GPU driver.

do you play something else that works your machine harder than COD? (thinking about PSU issues and overheating) anyway definitely explore event viewer. you can open it directly in a run prompt by entering eventvwr.msc

This post was edited by purplex on Mar 8 2022 04:15pm
Gold: 24,401.00
Mar 26 2022 09:52pm
could be your overkill cpu boosting too much when u play this game that it surges ur temp and causes system crash. is it overclocked?
Gold: 1,130.00
Mar 26 2022 09:56pm
Quote (UsEr_SeLeCtEd @ Mar 26 2022 11:52pm)
could be your overkill cpu boosting too much when u play this game that it surges ur temp and causes system crash. is it overclocked?

i havent had it in months. i tihnk it was my gpu oc. for some reason afterburner kept applying it automatically.
but the overclock was super mild but now that i dont oc i dont have any problems.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll