d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT >
Poll > 12400 Vs 5600x In Gaming
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57,185.00
Feb 1 2022 11:22pm
topic
Gold: 84.10
Feb 2 2022 10:59am
50 dollar price difference and hence why its priced higher
Gold: 57,185.00
Feb 4 2022 01:00am
but which one is better if they both cost 5 bucks or u got it for free
Gold: 796.00
Feb 4 2022 08:47am
i think the phrase youre looking for is "if they were the same price"
Gold: 421.93
Feb 4 2022 10:27am
Honestly you won't notice a difference.

It's also unwise to become a dedicated fanboy. Once upon a time AMD was the trash budget option and Intel reigned supreme. The fanboys were created on either side of the line

Today boh companies make great chips and between these two specific CPUs you won't notice a difference. Factor in other things instead:

Is your GPU AMD and you want to use SAM?
Is there a price disparity on their respective motherboards?
Is the a motherboard you love the aesthetic of?
Is small form factor important? (I believe those ryzen are still king for thermal efficiency)

And most importantly:
Can I find a great deal?
Gold: 796.00
Feb 4 2022 12:28pm
Quote (Resonating_glass @ Feb 4 2022 11:27am)
Honestly you won't notice a difference.

It's also unwise to become a dedicated fanboy. Once upon a time AMD was the trash budget option and Intel reigned supreme. The fanboys were created on either side of the line

Today boh companies make great chips and between these two specific CPUs you won't notice a difference. Factor in other things instead:

Is your GPU AMD and you want to use SAM?
Is there a price disparity on their respective motherboards?
Is the a motherboard you love the aesthetic of?
Is small form factor important? (I believe those ryzen are still king for thermal efficiency)

And most importantly:
Can I find a great deal?

OP if you youtube those processors you'll find some easily digestible videos that have direct benchmarks between the two. they trade blows depending on what you're doing. I would go with Intel probably, it's ~20w more efficient and has the performance I would want when comparing the two, you can enlighten us a bit by telling us exactly what games you plan on playing right now, but really if you compare those two in a google search you should find a lot of resources with direct comparisons.

as for this reply I tend to find myself thinking that you work in superlatives too much in how you reply to these poor innocent souls :)

OP could notice a difference, I find that you tend to refer to ~10% performance differences as negligible when you should not, especially when the answer sometimes is referring to one component of a system, those 10%s add up to what we consider high-performance. the language is so "forgiving" that it's kind of inaccurate. and this part is certainly 1000% nitpicky but AMD being a trash budget option is sort of a weird assessment where absolutely every bit of relevant nuance in that is lost on OP. during the period where they had lower price:performance than Intel you wouldn't necessarily call that budget friendly.. they did have CPUs that weren't competitive for gaming and used more power.. this sounds like what a fanboy would say! /s

I don't think there's anything here that makes that dedicated fanboy line relevant :D but that's just me being a :banana:

a deal is summarized by the price compared to the performance you get right? so your final statement is asking him to determine the price, and then determine the performance for his answer.. well he has the prices presumably and now he's asking us for the performance... to which you told him there's not really a difference.

edit: here's one https://youtu.be/2J0iP520WoY

This post was edited by purplex on Feb 4 2022 12:34pm
Gold: 421.93
Feb 4 2022 03:03pm
Quote (purplex @ Feb 4 2022 10:28am)
OP if you youtube those processors you'll find some easily digestible videos that have direct benchmarks between the two. they trade blows depending on what you're doing. I would go with Intel probably, it's ~20w more efficient and has the performance I would want when comparing the two, you can enlighten us a bit by telling us exactly what games you plan on playing right now, but really if you compare those two in a google search you should find a lot of resources with direct comparisons.

as for this reply I tend to find myself thinking that you work in superlatives too much in how you reply to these poor innocent souls :)

OP could notice a difference, I find that you tend to refer to ~10% performance differences as negligible when you should not, especially when the answer sometimes is referring to one component of a system, those 10%s add up to what we consider high-performance. the language is so "forgiving" that it's kind of inaccurate. and this part is certainly 1000% nitpicky but AMD being a trash budget option is sort of a weird assessment where absolutely every bit of relevant nuance in that is lost on OP. during the period where they had lower price:performance than Intel you wouldn't necessarily call that budget friendly.. they did have CPUs that weren't competitive for gaming and used more power.. this sounds like what a fanboy would say! /s

I don't think there's anything here that makes that dedicated fanboy line relevant :D but that's just me being a :banana:

a deal is summarized by the price compared to the performance you get right? so your final statement is asking him to determine the price, and then determine the performance for his answer.. well he has the prices presumably and now he's asking us for the performance... to which you told him there's not really a difference.

edit: here's one https://youtu.be/2J0iP520WoY

Definitely a more informative response than mine.

I think the reason I null a ~10% performance difference for the average user is because most games will fluctuate that much on their own. Both CPUs will carry their weight for most users and cause an unnoticeable difference in user experience. The exceptions would include competitive shooters where a 10% frame dip could be life or death. At this price point, most people will likely see more constraint from their monitor/GPU than their cpu

Honestly I appreciate the discourse as I'm still new to the space. I've built 6 PCs over the past year ranging from $600 to $5000 but didn't know anything prior to that. Still have a lot to learn but love helping people along the way if I can.

My comment about AMD historically being considered cheap and inferior came from reading that so often online and then realizing it's aged thinking. Similar to Kia being considered junk cars in the 90s where now they make some exceptional vehicles
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2022 08:06am
Whichever is cheaper once you factor in the mobo, cooler, ram etc is what I would probably pick.

What GPU do you have? What resolution do you play? Depending on these two, you would notice zero difference at all gaming.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll