d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Need Anime Recommendations On Not Well Known Anime
Prev167891024Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,966.25
Jun 3 2022 11:32pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 4 Jun 2022 05:01)
The Silver Guardian
Not too shabby, just don't like short anime... this one has around 10 minute episodes... oh, since I watched Dubbed, not completed in season two...

Hi again Izparagonzi.

I see you often Talking about "Dubbed" in Anime and so on. You don't Like japanese voice at All, right ? :(
Gold: 8,697.38
Jun 3 2022 11:46pm
Quote (Lunamaria @ Jun 4 2022 05:32pm)
Hi again Izparagonzi.

I see you often Talking about "Dubbed" in Anime and so on. You don't Like japanese voice at All, right ? :(

It is not about "Japanese" accent, but with subbed vs dubbed, you can identify the accent(s) when trying to "voice over" other accents from different countries. Yes, they can speak Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin / Cantoneese etc)... but, the accent can NOT be the same as an American / Australian / African etc... so subbed I don't like, because I am READING it and during that time NOT enjoying the graphics, accent(s) or storyline. I am however pissed off that some dubbed anime DON'T translate the written language compared to other anime that are willing to do that... example, I am re-watching "The Story of Saiunkoku" I actually like this anime (dubbed)... I however hate that the written language has NOT been translated. I can only GUESS what is written, but in reality, I don't know what the "symbols" mean... I don't write in any other form other than the English alphabet symbols.

But, that is my preference... I hate the squeaky (high pitched) Asian accent... also, reading what they are saying with this Accent (high pitch) and the sentence or paragraph LEAVES the screen faster than I can read... thus I have to "PAUSE"... go backwards, re-read the text, get the gist, and then during that time LOST any emotional substance of the storyline... = loss of interest because I can NOT relax and feel the emotion of the written text or even notice the subtle changes because their accent is so high pitched etc.. Oh, this is not just about Asian Anime... I am also talking about anime from other countries... even Portuguese, Swedish etc.
Gold: 32,966.25
Jun 4 2022 12:07am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 4 Jun 2022 07:46)
It is not about "Japanese" accent, but with subbed vs dubbed, you can identify the accent(s) when trying to "voice over" other accents from different countries. Yes, they can speak Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin / Cantoneese etc)... but, the accent can NOT be the same as an American / Australian / African etc... so subbed I don't like, because I am READING it and during that time NOT enjoying the graphics, accent(s) or storyline. I am however pissed off that some dubbed anime DON'T translate the written language compared to other anime that are willing to do that... example, I am re-watching "The Story of Saiunkoku" I actually like this anime (dubbed)... I however hate that the written language has NOT been translated. I can only GUESS what is written, but in reality, I don't know what the "symbols" mean... I don't write in any other form other than the English alphabet symbols.

But, that is my preference... I hate the squeaky (high pitched) Asian accent... also, reading what they are saying with this Accent (high pitch) and the sentence or paragraph LEAVES the screen faster than I can read... thus I have to "PAUSE"... go backwards, re-read the text, get the gist, and then during that time LOST any emotional substance of the storyline... = loss of interest because I can NOT relax and feel the emotion of the written text or even notice the subtle changes because their accent is so high pitched etc.. Oh, this is not just about Asian Anime... I am also talking about anime from other countries... even Portuguese, Swedish etc.

Yes. Luckily you Don't watch any Japanese Adult Videos. Their High-pitch voices are very Pungent there... B)

This post was edited by Lunamaria on Jun 4 2022 12:18am
Jun 9 2022 09:53pm
Okay... I only watched the Dubbed series of "Tokyo 24th Ward" and only 9 episodes, but it leads me to believe there are other episodes to watch... not too bad, a bit slow... but hey, I will leave it up to your discression.

Gold: 7.57
Jun 10 2022 03:46pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 9 2022 11:53pm)
Okay... I only watched the Dubbed series of "Tokyo 24th Ward" and only 9 episodes, but it leads me to believe there are other episodes to watch... not too bad, a bit slow... but hey, I will leave it up to your discression.

Thx ill check it out
Just rewatched log horizon really good

This post was edited by StillRemains on Jun 10 2022 03:46pm
Jun 23 2022 07:21pm
Quote (StillRemains @ 11 Jun 2022 09:46)
Thx ill check it out
Just rewatched log horizon really good

I think I have re-watched that like three(3) times, and will re-watch it again... this also goes for Sword Art Online.

Well, I am in the S's, there are a few I would like to mention, but they seem a little bit cheesy and oldish... anyway... watching Spriggan (Netflix Anime Series) ... only 6 dubbed episodes... it isn't bad, got some action (bit of blood) and modern. Story is basically hunting down artifacts from history... as an example, there is an episode about finding Noah's Ark, and Governments from different countries trying to obtain it etc.

I think I will post a few more later on... I skipped a lot of the S's ... oh the Samurai ones aren't too bad... I didn't bother with Samurai Champloo (whatever it is called), but some of the others were okay to watch.
Gold: 522.00
Jun 26 2022 11:10am
Initial D !
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 40%
Jun 26 2022 12:23pm
durarara!!!
psycho pass
claymore
katekyo hitman reborn
shakugan no shana
ergo proxy
steins gate
code geass
higurashi no naku koro ni
ping pong the animation
berserk

for sexy stuff :
high school of the dead

This post was edited by ZhMoon on Jun 26 2022 12:25pm
Jun 29 2022 05:49pm
Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side

This is a Spin Off... if I remember correctly... this is like the 2nd Spin off from the main... I liked it to be honest, not 100% sure, but the main story (original) is way better, but, I have not watched either spin offs fully (this and the other one).

EDIT: this is the first series of 3, and that one I posted is the only spin off that I saw.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 29 2022 06:02pm
Gold: 7.57
Jun 30 2022 05:21am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 29 2022 07:49pm)
Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side

This is a Spin Off... if I remember correctly... this is like the 2nd Spin off from the main... I liked it to be honest, not 100% sure, but the main story (original) is way better, but, I have not watched either spin offs fully (this and the other one).

EDIT: this is the first series of 3, and that one I posted is the only spin off that I saw.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

great anime!
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev167891024Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll