d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Need Anime Recommendations On Not Well Known Anime
Prev121222324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,705.93
Mar 19 2024 03:54pm
Quote (Stauf @ 17 Mar 2024 12:09)
Just a heads up on Garden, watch it once regularly through, but there is a certain order it is watched it to make the timeline to what it's supposed to be. I forgot what it's called when they do that. It's not in chronological order anyway, but yea, check it out.

Thanks, will get around to that at a later date.

Oh, I did find Tenchi Universe and wasn't impressed, mind you it was the 1995 series. There are a lot of Tenchi Muyo anime though, haven't watched the rest. But have watched Tenchi Muyo The War on Geminar (something like that, also think I have mentioned it before.)

Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2024 04:25pm
I'd like the see the series in it's entirety. If one isn't related much to the prior seasons, then I wouldn't mind picking it up from anywhere.
Mar 20 2024 08:34pm
Quote (Stauf @ 20 Mar 2024 11:25)
I'd like the see the series in it's entirety. If one isn't related much to the prior seasons, then I wouldn't mind picking it up from anywhere.

all good... I pm'd you two of my sites... also forgot:

Search:

Tenchi Universe ... you will get a ton of selections because of "Tenchi"

Anyway... I hate Subbed, I really hate Short episodes ... and YET, I am enjoying this anime.

Okay... pretty much each episode is 7 minutes... however, only 5 minutes is based on the story line (wish someone would combine 4 episodes into one ... at least it would be around 20 minute viewing.)

The God of War Dominates

Qin Chen, a brilliant martial artist, is the protagonist of the story. He is reincarnated three centuries after his death in the distant Tian Wu region.

272 episodes I believe in the FIRST Season (divide 272 by 4 and you get an estimate of viewing time)...

Currently, I am only on Episode 84 in the first season... I have actually liked this... the graphics are great... I hate that I have to pause it often and also hate the fact I have to basically go to the next episode within 5 minutes... "MONSTERTantrum"
Mar 22 2024 03:29am
Didn't read whole thread so apologies if these were mentioned

Dead Leaves
Serial Experiments Lain
Ergo Proxy
Higurashi no naku koro ni
FLCL
Jin-Roh
Kai Doh Maru
Karas
Mouryou No Hako
Shigurui
Mardock Scramble
Mar 23 2024 06:56pm
Quote (John_Wayne_Gacy @ Mar 22 2024 05:29am)
Didn't read whole thread so apologies if these were mentioned

Dead Leaves
Serial Experiments Lain
Ergo Proxy
Higurashi no naku koro ni
FLCL
Jin-Roh
Kai Doh Maru
Karas
Mouryou No Hako
Shigurui
Mardock Scramble

Love Higurashi
Mar 24 2024 10:07am
Managed to catch up with that God short movies... 272 first season and 149 second season (not completed)... whew.

Now to find another one.
Mar 24 2024 04:23pm
I made a mess of things with watching:

The God of War Dominates.

I just started watching:

Jueshi Wu Hun

Which should be watched first, gives more background. (340 episodes again only 5 minute viewing excl intro etc)

EDIT: no point watching this for me... on to the next ones.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 24 2024 04:25pm
Mar 24 2024 06:10pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 24 2024 06:23pm)
I made a mess of things with watching:

The God of War Dominates.

I just started watching:

Jueshi Wu Hun

Which should be watched first, gives more background. (340 episodes again only 5 minute viewing excl intro etc)

EDIT: no point watching this for me... on to the next ones.

I don't like those 5 min ones. How was GoW
Mar 27 2024 01:45am
Quote (Stauf @ 25 Mar 2024 13:10)
I don't like those 5 min ones. How was GoW

Actually... I found it to be good, coming from a "Gamer" point of view where you build up your character like in D2, PoE and other games like that... the story-line of those two are similar (identical) to the third one I am watching now (Ten Thousand Worlds).

The basic overall concept of the story-line, is facing oppression even when they are in a noble statis, re-incarnated, or have recognition from their lineage (predecessors) and have lost their prestige and have to start from scratch, but they are lucky, and can rebuild from the beginning (or in this new series, lost his ability/status, starts from then (or after losing everything).

The graphics are great, flashy... the skills are like working out a puzzle, the protagonist is smart and doesn't act, or acts out of passion of his/her beliefs etc.

I hate the subs though... so many frigging times they say HE, and it is a SHE, or IT and it is either "Him, Her or Them or They" ... oh after figuring it out, you come across a long English sub, and within that second to Pause to read it because of the length of it... it is gone... you pause a fraction too late.

Aside from all of the bad things... I have basically spent like 3 days watching them and enjoying them... if there was a game like that (without all the flashy graphics and harem type of things), I would definitely play it, especially if you can build your character in many ways.

I know a bit long winded, oh... they basically keep you wanting to watch the next episode because they tease you. :D

Not sure if this is too much info... the Novel from Donhua (or something like that)
Mar 27 2024 08:20am
I meant don't know* not like**; apolgies. Are these on CR? I will probably check them out since I am pretty much caught up on everything. Started watching REM on Hulu for something different.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev121222324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll