d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > --=best Solo Self-found Hccl Builds?=--
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 22 2022 02:54am
Been wanting to just go through to get this personal goal done, and kind of love the lack of shared stash in hardcore.

Wondering what builds you guys like to run, non-twinked, to go through hardcore classic.
Yes, I've looked at the posts throughout this forum. The stickies are beautiful.
I've gotten jav up to 63, and died due to the lady insisting that I look at my mail while I was killing an elite pack.
Really, I have nobody to blame but myself for that one... I shouldn't have looked away, but it happens.

I'm Pretty good at playing Meteorb, so I have been considering Blizz-baller or something along those lines. It's just iffy knowing that I can get trigger happy with teleport and end up in a world of regret and sorrow.

I've read a lot on what gear to look for, and I haven't really come to any walls or "Omg, you can't do this without better gear!" moments with my few journies to hell, and multiple to nightmare. I just end up getting bored, (Fishy and hammers), or mess up a build and have to restart. Saying this, don't try to be your own explosive shot chantress... nowhere near enough damage for P8. :(

Oh, right... I love going through on P8. Idk why. I know it's just bragging rights, to myself, in the long run. I know it isn't needed. I haven't even gotten through HCCL on P1!

Oh well, I'm rambling.

Thank you, in advance, for any responses.
Gold: 12,771.85
Jan 23 2022 02:08am
Welcome to jsp.

Sorc and farm safe and overleved areas for better gear imo.

You seem to know what gear to look for. But key pieces early hcc are irathas/shard/twitch maybe a high rolled ward with 45+ res

Gl and consider joining online as well. Classic can always use more active players.
Gold: 379.50
Jan 23 2022 08:46am
a barb can run through the entire game with just a bonesnap. getting easy sets like angelics and sigons rounds out the char
Jan 23 2022 04:30pm
Thanks! Soon after posting, the 2.4 PTR notes were posted. I'm pretty excited to work through this with the changes. First goal, though... finish one before patch day. Assuming that's around Mayday! Guessing this due to quarterly season lengths. I made an online HCCL toon, and will gladly join in for some games if anyone is interested. Septictank#1679 is my btag.
Jan 24 2022 03:16am
Feel free to join the classic d2r discord if you need folks to play with
Gold: 354.00
Jan 25 2022 06:02pm
Quote (lulle @ Jan 23 2022 02:46pm)
a barb can run through the entire game with just a bonesnap. getting easy sets like angelics and sigons rounds out the char

Did they fix Nightmare travincal?
Multiple lightning enchanted bug, where you WW and rip with 4k life.

They fixed that in hell, but did they fix nightmare?
Jan 29 2022 04:19am
Quote (dropship @ Jan 25 2022 06:02pm)
Did they fix Nightmare travincal?
Multiple lightning enchanted bug, where you WW and rip with 4k life.

They fixed that in hell, but did they fix nightmare?

I believe it's still a thing. I was dodging Fire/Lightning mobs, constantly. I still killed most, so I wouldn't feel like I gave up on them, but it was scary.
Gold: 418.00
Jan 29 2022 11:14am
Quote (Septictank013 @ Jan 29 2022 11:19am)
I believe it's still a thing

I do aswell, since i can confirm even a unique scarab (innate light ench) with just fire ench can still do huge damage on nightmare.
The corpse explosion damage nerf in hell seems to still be a thing aswell, you can tell because cold+light ench uniques sometimes hurt significantly more in CS.
However, as far as hell council is concerned, triple ench is still a threat, even with an average life pool, and it happens more than some may think.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll