d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > The Ghoul
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 24.00
Jan 18 2022 12:01am
Instead of the Complicated and Expensive Hybrid Sins everyone else is making today, I decided to cut my own build that used the WW Assassins strengths to their fullest potential, without breaking the bank.

Stats that we are going to achieve:
15k Attack Rating with Whirlwind
3k+ Venom Damage
35% Crushing Blow
23% Critical Strike
25% Open Wounds
4 frame Recovery
Maximum Resistances in Hell Mode
50%+ Damage Reduction
lvl28+ Thorns Aura
60% Block at all times
"Stunlock"
Cannot Be Frozen
-10-33 Enemy Poison Resistances
Ability to Solo PVE Content
Jan 18 2022 03:01am
The Skillpoint breakdown:
1 to all prerequisites*
1 to Mindblast
1 to Shadowmaster
10 to bladeshield
5 to dragonflight
20 to venom
20 to fade
20 to claw mastery
X to weapon block to reach lvl 25 or 60%

rest of points can be put into Shadow Master, Weapon Block, Cloak of Shadows, Dragonflight, Bladeshield, or Death Sentry as prefered.

The only reason we put 10 into bladeshield is because I use it as a timer for my BO, this keeps its duration just shy of your BO so you know when to rebuff. (cast Burst of Speed before rebuffing so that your fade doesnt effect your buff durations)
The only reason I put 5 into dragonflight instead of 1 is so that DF has a decent AR. The skill itself actually hits for a ton of dmg and gets extremely nice bonuses per skill point invested. This just makes sure that it lands and that it leaves a mark against casters (shadow masters isnt shabby either)
I personally dont get death sentry, I dont find a need for it in PvE or PvP, and I unload my extra points into S.Master. After our gear n charms she is lvl 17, which is where her diminishing returns start to show for talent investment, but if you stack enough points on her, she becomes the ultimate stunlock/harassment tool. and she doesnt get penalties from dmg returned by thorns aura... You can guess where this is going.

on your CTA/Spirit shield swap, cast all of yours buffs, starting with your CTA buffs, and ending with your Spirit of Barbs as your last hotkey. Make sure your fade cast is the last self buff you apply to yourself. Then anytime you rebuff, start by using BoS to remove fade, then run through your hotkeys again. Anytime you grab a shrine, you want to BoS, then shrine, then re apply buffs as well. I also put my CTA into a phaseblade, this way I can swap over to my CTA swap and have a lvl 12 DTalon to use with max speed against bosses n such. If you have a set of dracs around its actually not bad even for keyset content. Otherwise I use Dragon Claw as my left click on our claw combat weapon swap tab to spam ctc procs.
Jan 18 2022 03:23am
The Gearing:
Helm: Giant Skull - Double Poison Facets
Knecklace: Maras
Chest: Bramble runeword set in a Full Plate Mail
Waist: Verdungos
Gloves: Trang Ouls
Boots: Upp'ed Goblin Toes
Ring1: Bul Kathos
Ring2: Ravenfrost

Tab A:
Chaos Claw
Rare Fools Claw - Shael'd Jade Talon - Plague Claw

Tab B:
CTA
Spirit Monarch

Charms: annihilus, hellfire torch, 6-9 shadow disciples grand charms, handful of small charms to plug the holes. (3x skillers need to have 12%FHR, I prefer 5@res/ele dmg small charms but you can do as you please)

You will notice right away we have a ton of +P skill damage from gear. This gets applied to venom multiple times, at cast, and again when it hits someone. with +95% skill dmg possible, and applying it twice, it is very possible to get your venom damage close to 4k. This is where the majority of your damage will come from, the rest comes out of your silly fast attack speed and unusually high crushing blow proc chance. Knockback has a weird effect on your attacks landing when applied globally like this. But more importantly it makes it so that every single attack you throw out forces a hit recovery animation. So anyone not also in a WW animation, is then forcefully stunlocked AS WELL as forced to take any attacks on the chin that they recieve while in this animation.
Jan 18 2022 06:16am
Your Dragonflight is going to hit for about 2k, with a 3.5k+ venom on top of it, with a 35% crushing blow, crazzy amount of procs because of the knockback, and a 7k+ish attack rating. This with Bladeshield has seriously killed casters for me. I only use it as an opener against non melee characters however. Your WW dmg per hand is going to come out to around 5.5kish max @ lvl 95 which is the min lvl you should be if you are serious about dueling. Right now, my sin is lvl 94 and is sitting on 3k hp after bo, 15.1k AR for ww on fools claw hand, and 5.3k max dmg with ww. She is able to ww solo clear pve better then my ebotdcb ww barbarian... as icing on the cake, our S.Master is sometimes spawning immune to random elements @ lvl 27.

its rare that i get her to spawn with ctc amp damage, but I have gotten a lot of spawns where she has rather impressive kick moves and a nasty stun on her mindblast. She also likes to spawn a lot of hydras.

The reason we dont use traps mostly is because of next delay, which most spells share on a 4 frame bases as dragonflight. where no matter what 1 target can only be hit by several different spells 1 time per 4 frames. it will look as though the next spell landed, however it will do no dmg. WoF for instance, shares a timer with DF, and our DF is a forced FHR animation or stun, so its important. Not to mention it does more dmg then even a hybrids LSentry could dream of.

DF will take a little getting used to, but once u have it, you will be sniping people with it like its 1.09 all over again.
for your fools claws, I run 2x different ones.

cruel/fools/dual leech/2skill for pve
cruel/fools/repair/ethereal/2os for pvp this with ias and skills is probably the best possible rare claw this build could get. Your sockets go to poison facets of course. You dont need it to be eth rep at all, thats just extra. Cruel+fools+2os+hits last ww bp is all you need to be top lvl.
i use the shael'd jade talon against serious sorcs as it way puts your resistances over whats needed.
Jan 22 2022 10:28pm
What makes this build so powerful is the critical strike chance off of your claw mastery, and the fact that we do not have any deadly strike, paired with the special effect knockback. Basically this allows every attempted attack to not only deal its elemental damage no matter what, but it can also proc a crushing blow AND a critical strike. a critical strike doubles ALL damage dealt for the attack, even the cb.

@ lvl 80, in a full game, it takes me 4-5 short whirlwinds to kill hell diablo for example... every single hit is landing, for a crazy like 40-50 hits on him per whirlwind....
Jan 24 2022 10:05pm
The way critical strike works, is that it doubles ALL damage done to the target. However it is applied and rolled before deadly strike, which over writes critical strike, and only applies to your physical damage. so as long as you have zero deadly strike chance, our ciritical strikes will double our elemental damage, and even our crushing blow damage...
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic