d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Lld Level 30 Bowa Guide > D2:R
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44,956.19
Warn: 10%
Jan 17 2022 06:45am
This is a guide similar to the Diablo 2 LLD Bowa Guides written by IAmAsylum here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=32629468&f=143 and by sloxx here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=23164800&f=143 (all credit to both)
This updated guide is intended for the game Diablo 2 : Resurrected.

====================================================================================================================================================

In the first decade of Diablo 2, the skill, Pierce, enabled arrows to re-hit opponents, enabling Bowa's (with the fastest attack frame) to stun lock opponents dead. As a consequence, Bowa's contended and dominated at the highest levels during that period and were iconic. While the Pierce "bug/feature" was subsequently fixed (diminishing a bowa's strength) Bowa's have remained popular and relevant to this day and now in Diablo 2: Resurrected. Bowa's are best utilized in team matches at all levels of pvp (18, 30, 49 and HLD).

While Str Bug, Desync and WSG no longer work in D2r, Bowa's remain a strong, and viable, build. Bowa's have several anti-chars, namely, Chargers, ESFB and ESBlizz Sorc's. It can also be quite expensive to make a good one (Inventory, Circlet/Amulet/Bow/Jewels).

====================================================================================================================================================

Break Points:

9 FPA (recommended) or 10 FPA (not recommended)

Stat Placement:

Strength - Enough for gear
Dex - Max or Enough for gear
Vita - Max or Base
Energy - None

I would personally advocate Max Dex, and Base Vita @ LLD Level 30. A quick comment - for MLD and HLD I advocate Dex Build for new players sothat they die faster = faster learning curve. Once bad habits fixed, switch to vita build.

Hell Rushed, all stat/skill quests completed.

Gear:

Your gear is all dependent on the bow(s) you use. The best "starter" bow is an Upped Rogues Bow (what I used for years on the share accounts on US East) which in all fairness can be used forever. The next option, typically considered the "Go-To", is a Robo Bow, i.e. a Superior 15ed 5 sox ashwood bow with 2 (or 3) Shaels and x3 (or 2) rare jewels. Finally the last option would be a Rare Bow with various bases (but typically Ashwood or Double Bow) being an option. Chance to Cast (CTC) Amplify Damage on a rare bow is a great addition to your character.

Circlet

1. 1 ama (or 2 psm) 30frw 2 sox

Starter: Peasant Crown or a Deadly Circlet of Speed (30ed 2sox 30FRW)
Intermediate: 1 Ama (or 2 psm) 30frw 2 sox
End Goal: 1 Ama (or 2 psm) 30frw 60 life 10 repl 90 mana 2 sox

Perfect Jewels would be a 20ed 6str 9 dex 30cold res and a 20ed 6str 9dex 30light res. You can also consider using Maxer jewels (24 maxer's) but either your Circlet or your Armor should use %ed jewels while the other users maxers (24 Maxer or jewels adds 12-18 damage). You can theory craft this on the Maxroll website / various resources.
Note: The key here is to skip over 1 socket circlets. You need the damage that 2 sockets brings to the build. 1 Socket circlets are really for Java's that dont build around physical damage. If considering a 1 socket circlet look for 30enhanced damage on it

Amulet:

1. Rare Amulet +1 Ama (or +2 PSM) Life, Repl and Mana

Starter: 1 Ama (or 2psm) + Life or + Mana
Intermediate: 1 Ama (or 2psm) Life + Mana
End Goal: 1 Ama ( or 2psm) 60 Life 10 Repl Life and 90 Mana

Weapon(s):

Bows:

1. Rare Bow (Ashwood/Double Bow 9fpa (requires 63% IAS) + Amp Damage
Other rare bow bases can be considered (Rune Bow, Cedar Bow, Gothic Bow) but you need crazy mods to make them viable (IAS, 2 Sox, +max damage, -requirements etc).
2. Robo Ashwood Bow 2 (or 3) Sox using 2 (or 3 Shaels)
3. Rogues Bow Upped Once - Double Bow 60% ed 30% Deadly Strike and 50% ias. Not bad at all.

A comment on Robo's and your build:

With 3 Shaels in your Robo Ashwood you only need a further 3% IAS, which enables you to get Knockback from your Craft Gloves and allows you to wear String of Ears. This was the latest Meta in D2og.
With 2 Shaels in your Robo Ashwood you need a further 23% IAS, which is acquired via Death Gloves and Belt.

For the Item lamers, I would personally look to have the ability to use either setup. (i.e. have IAS KB gloves+String AND Deaths Gloves+Belt Combo AND both Bows.

Switch:

Javelins:

Starter: Harpoons with 70-165%ed
Advanced: Eth Repl Harpoons 70-165%ed
End Goal: Eth Repl Harpoons +1 Ama 30IAS 165%ed + Max Damage.

Note: While the MDR bug exists, elemental damage from items is not desired, however having cold damage on your Jav's checks your opponent for the cannot be frozen mod and I do not personally see it as a negative in this regard.

Shield:

1. Artisans Kite Shield of Deflecting with x3 20ed 6 str 9 dex 15 mana jewels (20ed/9dex is a good starter jewel here ok)
2. Rare 30/20 2 sox 5 replenish Life Shield. Bonus adds would be enhanced defense and Eth Repl.

Armour:

1. Artisans Light Plate or Mage Plate of the Squid (80 life 3 sox) with x3 adds 12-18 jewels (or just use x3 24 maxers) or 20ed 6str 9 dex jewels (or 18 max 6 str 9 dex jewels)
2. A second Artisans Light Plate or Mage Plate of the Squid (80 life 3 sox) with Max + Res is also an option if you are lacking resistances

If you are not using -req's jewels you can use a mage plate but long term you are probably better off with a Light Plate of the Squid (lower str requirements).

Gloves:

1. Craft Gloves 10% IAS + Knockback
1. Death Gloves (+Belt Combo)

Rings:

1. Rare Ring: 5min 9str 20 life 5 repl life 90 mana
A starter ring would simply need 70-90 mana.

Belt:

1. String of Ears
2. Death Belt (+Gloves combo)

I do not recommend a Rare belt for any LLD Build whatsoever.

Boots:

1. Sanders
With Str bug and pre-patch boots being a thing of the past, Sanders are now the go-to boots (much to my horror!)
2. If you are lacking resistances you can use rare 30FRW 5 dex Dual/Tri Res Boots (Not Recommended)

Invent:

1. x20 3max/20ar/15 life and x20 3frw/20ar/3max
You get 40 FRW from Boots and 30 FRW from Circlet, with x20 3FRW from charms that nets you 130FRW. I would recommend anywhere from 110-130FRW for a LLD Bowa.

If you are lacking resistances this is also where you can make up same.

Skills:

1 Point Magic Arrow
1 Point Multiple Shot
1 Point Cold Arrow
13 Points Guided Arrow
1 Point Jab
1 Point Poison Javelin
1 Point Lightning Bolt
1 Point Plague Javelin
1 Point Light Fury

Rest into Dodge/Evade/Avoid and Critical Strike. Recommend players experiment with this to see what suits them best

I had 58% crit, 37% dodge, 55% avoid and 49% evade

Congratulations! You have made a cookie cutter LLD Bowa. With 600-900 Life and 200-400 Mana and a guided long range attack, I find bowa's one of the best builds to play.

I have purposely not added a strategy section to this guide noting its too early in the life of D2r to provide a comprehensive strategy section. However I would comment that players using Robo's should consider experimenting with the skill Strafe, noting that Strafe is currently experiencing a new dawn in the high level dueling community.

I or someone else will/can update this accordingly in the future in the event that new gear (runeword/other) become available. If I missed anything let me know and I can add on repost.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 18 2022 09:43am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll