d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Blocking A Person
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 44,456.19
Warn: 10%
Jan 24 2022 05:31am
ps If the user is bully/harrass you in your topic, this is actually good as its visible to all and easier for moderators to deal with.
Gold: 52,110.97
Jan 24 2022 01:06pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jan 24 2022 06:31am)
ps If the user is bully/harrass you in your topic, this is actually good as its visible to all and easier for moderators to deal with.

Manipulative, injurious and abusive comments will still appear before the person is blocked.
There wouldn't be as much of a need for mods/meds aside from trade mediations & answering functionality questions.
Better structure = less rules or ambiguity as to when a sanction should be given.

Also, other members (not blocked) can still utilize that linking function when an issue arises ofc, but... once again,
there wouldn't be many issues left. As for abusing the narrative? If you can't argue against generalized confusion, bigotry and ignorance; It's beneficial for both sides. Based on the principle that we don't really forget and the brain averages the amount of negative choices we make to judge of ourselves, these individuals that Do block a lot of people will know that they're in the wrong and then Magic will happen. Not only are they segregating themselves, but they Know they are in the wrong for silencing you. That is the important part that will intuitively change them out of necessity. And they will want to be part of this community as it becomes what it can be.

Turning this website in a harbor for great minds isn't a hard task either..
Open subsections for more serious conversations and implement this option.

And I'm sure everyone would enjoy dealing with people with a little more "conscience"
Gold: 207.00
Jan 24 2022 09:09pm
Absolutely
Jan 26 2022 11:49am
Bump
Gold: 358.00
Jan 27 2022 11:44am
Seems like a good idea to me.

Block feature should block all forms of communication.
If you block a user, obviously you don’t intend to trade with them or help them make a trade, so why do you still need to have the forum cluttered with their topics?

I could see an issue with hiding posts altogether because that would interfere with actual trading by not seeing their bid on an item therefore not knowing you need to overbid. You could still disable the ability to quote or be quoted though.

This post was edited by Ergot on Jan 27 2022 11:44am
Gold: 56,105.93
Jan 27 2022 11:54am
I voted no. That person you flamed or flamed you for whatever reason in a post might end up having an item you want or vice versa a few months later.

Besides, based on freedom of speech, this is not a dictatorship. Everybody has the right to say what they want when they want. We already have moderators in place that will ban and give warnings to those who try to bully or post something that a minor shouldn’t see.

Somebody posting with .01 fg increments….consider that as a free bump. If no one else wants to bid higher then maybe you’re too high priced.
Jan 27 2022 12:48pm
Quote (Ergot @ Jan 27 2022 12:44pm)
Seems like a good idea to me.

Block feature should block all forms of communication.
If you block a user, obviously you don’t intend to trade with them or help them make a trade, so why do you still need to have the forum cluttered with their topics?

I could see an issue with hiding posts altogether because that would interfere with actual trading by not seeing their bid on an item therefore not knowing you need to overbid. You could still disable the ability to quote or be quoted though.

The way I saw it is that they can't post on your
topics or communicate with you, but they can see your topics. Same for you with theirs.

You can still post on their topic until they block you, too. Its far simpler to program and if it creates
a little distance, which would be intended, it would be beneficial. The hassle of having to ask for someone else
to convey your message will instigate interest in having more tact and a more solid community.
If you try to *use another member (clear distinction) to contact someone else, they will block you as well
or you will block them too (which, eventually, would be noticed). Not too long after this, you would see an exponentially positive effect.

People Segregating themselves until they realize that they're the ones
that messed up will intuitively change people out of necessity.

Quote (CARTRACK @ Jan 27 2022 12:54pm)
I voted no. That person you flamed or flamed you for whatever reason in a post might end up having an item you want or vice versa a few months later.

Besides, based on freedom of speech, this is not a dictatorship. Everybody has the right to say what they want when they want. We already have moderators in place that will ban and give warnings to those who try to bully or post something that a minor shouldn’t see.

Somebody posting with .01 fg increments….consider that as a free bump. If no one else wants to bid higher then maybe you’re too high priced.

You can think of this solution as
A person walking away from irrational discourses / people getting at your face thinking
their ideas are brilliant, but getting emotionally involved because they're unstable.

"freedom of speech or dictatorship" sounds a little bit of a stretch, don't you think?
As for getting annoyed from bids... I dont think that was even introduced, here.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Gold: 44,456.19
Warn: 10%
Jan 28 2022 08:21am
As a compromise re: Tags, I would propose that based on % warn a player loses his tagging rights.

if you want my own personal story, see the bottom of my profile and here : https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84471145&f=143&o=1000 from post #1023
note that I had responded previously to that user with that story after I had asked him repeatedly to stop, and warned him what i would do. I will make a point from now on of just dumping that story when he tags me.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 28 2022 08:24am
Jan 28 2022 03:31pm
Bump
Gold: 0.33
Jan 28 2022 07:38pm
great ideas Drael.. I fully agree
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll