d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Official Toronto Raptors Fan Thread
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,609.00
Apr 8 2022 08:12pm
So the only way we face Boston is if Philly wins their next two games and Boston loses their next (last) game.
Boston plays Grizzlies so it might actually happen..

Gold: 171.76
Apr 8 2022 09:10pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Apr 8 2022 10:12pm)
So the only way we face Boston is if Philly wins their next two games and Boston loses their next (last) game.

Philly might rest guys .

I want the Philly matchup
Gold: 1,580.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 9 2022 02:19pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Apr 9 2022 12:12pm)

Udoka was interviewed and he sounded pretty confident that grizzlies were resting players

It looks to me like the Bucks have the 2 seed clinched now. I hope we go for the win and avoid the 4 seed / raptors.

Fuck that for a first round. I’ll take the Nets or bulls by a long, long margin.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2022 04:28pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Apr 9 2022 08:19pm)
Udoka was interviewed and he sounded pretty confident that grizzlies were resting players

It looks to me like the Bucks have the 2 seed clinched now. I hope we go for the win and avoid the 4 seed / raptors.

Fuck that for a first round. I’ll take the Nets or bulls by a long, long margin.

Raptors will face the Heat in the 2nd round and get swept in 5. :cry: :baby:
Apr 23 2022 02:15pm
CONGRATS TO SCOTTIE BARNES FOR WINNING THE FUCKING ROOKIE OF THE FUCKING YEAR AWARD
May 7 2022 11:52am
Off season Goals:

One issue a lot of talking heads can point to about Toronto is that Toronto doesn't have 'That Guy' that can take over when necessary or at least Siakam scoring 35 in one or two games clearly wasn't enough. FVV lets get serious choked this playoffs and historically his best games were right after his kid was born, before that he was dogshit in the playoffs. Defense steps up. Teams can negotiate and manage switches easier when you play against a playoff caliber team everytime and its harder for FVV to be able to take over and pull up 3 or somehow drive past 4 7 foot dudes and layup. He was best when he was able to drive to the basket and basically fall everytime if you remember those days but that is best FVV and he isnt Steph Curry or Kevin Durant as a shooter so expecting him to drain 3's only to stop a run in a playoff game isn't consistent.

I obviosly don't want to trade FVV but with how lanky our team is getting it is starting to make more sense. But Fred being the primary ball handler is important, I don't have numbers infront of me but I am pretty sure he was even a defensive plus this year.

The magic work all solution is that Scotty becomes that unstoppable force. Scotty becomes number 1 or Siakam once again raises his ceiling against the haters and gets 35-40 every fuckin playoff game next year.

Right now it seems Toronto is putting eggs in the Scotty basket because we only have like 15 mil open and thats after losing Boucher so even if trading FVV we can barely afford a Superstar cuz we have FVV at such a steal 20mil a year.

To me I think Boucher is going to look elsewhere other than Toronto just from watching his podcasts n stuff he seems like the kinda kid that wants to play in LA or something just for the image but I could be wrong.. Boucher took a lot of charges his defense was really good but if we can also get a slightly worse defensive 5 that can score 20 points every single game then that would be amazing. Im not talking like a Valunciunas although I would want a Valunciunas offense just with real defensive capabilites like Covington or Porzingis...

Maybe Masai should call up the Spurs and try to get Poetl back lets get serious.

I think if we end up going subtle this off season and just let Boucher go and try to sign Poetl or Covington or something like that I would be down. I believe in Scotty becoming a number 1 option tbh, as daydreamy as it sounds.

Or the Dream is that Minnesota either goes all in on Anthony Edwards (lets get serious its his team now) and we get KAT somehow or something like that. Maybe KAT going to a new team with a real system will bring out the dog in him. One can only dream.

There is leaked footage of Masai desparately trying to trade for Porzingis which made sense thats what we wanted but think about who is getting kicked off the starting 5 when we secure a 5? Needs to be a trade to get someone good enough..

Would you lose OG and change for Rober Covington or Anthony Edwards type player?

The dream goal is of course score a superstar top 5.. the realistic goal is get a top top 20 center
Gold: 417,705.00
Warn: 10%
May 7 2022 05:56pm
How far did the raptors go this year ?
Jun 18 2022 12:13pm
Ladies and gentlemen.

Today is a monumental day.

It has been years that I have been waiting for this moment. Hard work spending time telling all the haters they are wrong.

Today I can finally announce that larger segments of the sports world are putting pen to paper to express how much better Pascal Siakam is than Ben Simmons, and how Pascal Siakam is actually the best player in the 2016 draft.

I wanna thank my momma, and all my bar buddies that stood with me through years of drunken belligerence about how good Siakam is.

I present to you, the 2016 Redraft:

This post was edited by Crunkt on Jun 18 2022 12:26pm
Gold: 1,023.10
Warn: 20%
Jun 18 2022 05:19pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Jun 18 2022 02:13pm)
Ladies and gentlemen.

Today is a monumental day.

It has been years that I have been waiting for this moment. Hard work spending time telling all the haters they are wrong.

Today I can finally announce that larger segments of the sports world are putting pen to paper to express how much better Pascal Siakam is than Ben Simmons, and how Pascal Siakam is actually the best player in the 2016 draft.

I wanna thank my momma, and all my bar buddies that stood with me through years of drunken belligerence about how good Siakam is.

I present to you, the 2016 Redraft:

https://i.imgur.com/5qeOiKW.png

Raps to ecf next year lfg
Jun 18 2022 08:14pm
Quote (Vtrix @ 18 Jun 2022 19:19)
Raps to ecf next year lfg

LFGGGG
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll