d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Long Distance Relationship Paying Off
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 257.70
Jan 11 2022 07:29pm
Hey guys,

Never posted here.

Wanted to share a quick version of my long distance relationship -

Met my girlfriend along time ago in Japan, I moved back to Canada for a year and was getting things sorted to have her move in with me. She was going to move to Canada in May 2020, but Covid started picking up and the pandemic started officially in March.

It has been over 2 years of trying to get her over here, Different visa's, going to school over here, me going there, all of the options were "No".

Gonna skip a bunch of the details but SHE IS FINALLY LANDING IN CANADA TOMORROW NIGHT.

The longest wait and most effort in my life, and she has put in a lot of effort as well, I have my apartment set and sorted for 2 people, And have plans of proposing finally within the next few months. Ring ready and all.

I was originally going to propose when she was originally supposed to be here... Never sold the ring. Held strong and kept faith.

Excited to spend the rest of my life with the woman I met in highschool when I was an exchange student to Japan at age 16.

It's been a long strange trip, long distance, cultural differences and language barrier, and a pandemic to boot.

All overcame in the name of love.

<3 Can't wait to see you tomorrow Maiko

Ty all - just wanted to share the good news.
Gold: 827.00
Jan 11 2022 08:53pm
Just stumble across jsp and see your post, congratz and good luck to your proposal, I too had a long distance relationship and also live in canada as well. Also proposed to her when she arrived months later and happily married for 6 yrs now with 2 daughters. I can imagine your excitement as well.
Gold: 1,453.85
Jan 14 2022 04:08pm
Quote (Erodish @ Jan 11 2022 05:29pm)

Excited to spend the rest of my life with the woman I met in highschool when I was an exchange student to Japan at age 16.

I am assuming that you are very young, probably in your early 20s? If yes, why would you want to get married that young. Yes maybe she is a wonderful person however there are simply a lot of things, adventures, even women, that you haven't experienced.
Gold: 6,130.70
Jan 15 2022 11:12pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Jan 14 2022 02:08pm)
I am assuming that you are very young, probably in your early 20s? If yes, why would you want to get married that young. Yes maybe she is a wonderful person however there are simply a lot of things, adventures, even women, that you haven't experienced.

Some people know what they want in life before others.

Congratulations Erodish!
Gold: 5.00
Jan 18 2022 11:27am
Quote (Erodish @ Jan 11 2022 08:29pm)
Hey guys,

Never posted here.

Met my girlfriend along time ago in Japan, I moved back to Canada for a year and was getting things sorted to have her move in with me. She was going to move to Canada in May 2020, but Covid started picking up and the pandemic started officially in March.

It has been over 2 years of trying to get her over here, Different visa's, going to school over here, me going there, all of the options were "No".

Gonna skip a bunch of the details but SHE IS FINALLY LANDING IN CANADA TOMORROW NIGHT.

The longest wait and most effort in my life, and she has put in a lot of effort as well, I have my apartment set and sorted for 2 people, And have plans of proposing finally within the next few months. Ring ready and all.

I was originally going to propose when she was originally supposed to be here... Never sold the ring. Held strong and kept faith.

It's been a long strange trip, long distance, cultural differences and language barrier, and a pandemic to boot.

Congrats! Hit me up when you need a Bull to spice things up :)
Jan 21 2022 01:39pm
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Jan 18 2022 11:27am)
Congrats! Hit me up when you need a Bull to spice things up :)

Ew,

No thanks
Gold: 28,985.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 22 2022 01:18am
Cool story, I hope it all works out forever.
Rare situation
Gold: 1,128.69
Jan 23 2022 05:53am
Quote (JessiWan @ Jan 14 2022 04:08pm)

I am 45 years old and I totally can see how he could fall in love with a Japanese girl when he is 15. I have a chinese girlfriend and we have been together and she treats me way better than any american woman I have dated in my entire life. I think its awesome that he found this at such a young age. It took me many heartaches and one girl that I devoted many years too that turned into an alcoholic and drug addict. Before I found my match.

I wish you too the very best and hope u guys get to travel and experience a lot of wonderful things. I do have a piece of advice. Since you are young and your brain is still like a sponge. Get babble software for lifetime and you and her can use it to learn each others languages. I hang out with my girlfriend and all her chinese friends alot and I wish I knew what they were talking about. So I can engage in the conversation. Her friends also treat me so good. They are very friendly to me and we have nothing but fun. I just wish I could understand them. I tell them to please just talk in chinese and dont worry about me. Because I just want them to relax and enjoy.

good luck on your future with her!!
Gold: 143.69
Feb 3 2022 07:25am
Quote (Erodish @ Jan 12 2022 12:29pm)
Hey guys,

Never posted here.

Can I get an update ?
Feb 3 2022 08:38am
Quote (Incisions @ Feb 3 2022 07:25am)
Can I get an update ?

We living the good life :)

She hates the -30 weather but we making the best of it.

Trying to figure out best time to propose!

Everything else been great. Maybe its kind of like a honeymoon phase considering we haven't seen each other for so long.

Lifes good rn fam.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll