d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Unable To Update To Windows 11
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33.44
Dec 15 2021 03:12pm
hey guys i have a problem , when i try and update from windows 10 it says that something called the" TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC" & i am unsure how to enable it. if you can send me a pm and help me out i would greatly appreciate
Gold: 2,858.20
Dec 15 2021 06:04pm
Hi Jay!

So the TPM is called the trusted platform module, its pretty much a small chip on your motherboard that stores sensitive data like cryptographic keys and passwords and such.

Instructions on how to enable it are down below

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now.

From the next screen, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart to make the changes. These settings are sometimes contained in a sub-menu in the UEFI BIOS labeled Advanced, Security, or Trusted Computing. The option to enable the TPM may be labeled Security Device, Security Device Support, TPM State, AMD fTPM switch, AMD PSP fTPM, Intel PTT, or Intel Platform Trust Technology.

A lot of machines don't even have the TPM installed, it was considered too expensive to install back in the day but as security becomes more relevant, more and more machines come with TPM.

You should be able to install it once TPM is enabled.

Hope this helps!
Gold: 33.44
Dec 15 2021 11:10pm
Quote (Krawk @ Dec 15 2021 07:04pm)
Hi Jay!

So the TPM is called the trusted platform module, its pretty much a small chip on your motherboard that stores sensitive data like cryptographic keys and passwords and such.

Instructions on how to enable it are down below

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now.

From the next screen, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart to make the changes. These settings are sometimes contained in a sub-menu in the UEFI BIOS labeled Advanced, Security, or Trusted Computing. The option to enable the TPM may be labeled Security Device, Security Device Support, TPM State, AMD fTPM switch, AMD PSP fTPM, Intel PTT, or Intel Platform Trust Technology.

A lot of machines don't even have the TPM installed, it was considered too expensive to install back in the day but as security becomes more relevant, more and more machines come with TPM.

You should be able to install it once TPM is enabled.

Hope this helps!

Hey my brother I was able to look it up and I’m all updated and good now . Thank you again for always looking out my brother SOMEONE GET THIS GUY A “ALWAYS THERE WHEN U NEED HIM TAG”!!!
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll