Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 255.11
Dec 13 2021 07:30pm
This season really got me back into f1
even some smaller team like mclaren and alpine have been really competitive

Next year could be very interesting if ferrari pick it up
Gold: 0.69
Dec 18 2021 04:10pm
Honestly - watched the race. Heart was pumping, I was absolutely stoked by the finish - so happy for Max, and felt like Toto was being a knob.

Then I slept on it, and thought more and more on it. Massi 100% made exceptions to the rules to have the championship finish as a race instead of a pace car finish. That choice doomed Hamilton.

His team left him out on old tires, and Max took the gamble for the fresh softs. Merc is mad because the rules were bent out of their favor, and I respect that vantage. Hamilton was the better driver all race. Period.

I think the finish was fantastic for the casual fan, the new viewers and those who want some excitement, but I also think that if the race played out any other way Hamilton would have won.

Alas - I'm pumped for Max and RB, congrats - but I also see Mercs POV that they got swindled out of the race

Tl'dr the whole thing kind of ended on a sour note to me. Both will have an * on their legacy. Verstappen 1* time world champ. Hamilton 2nd* place
Gold: 144.33
Dec 23 2021 10:53pm
Quote (Moink @ Dec 18 2021 10:10pm)
Honestly - watched the race. Heart was pumping, I was absolutely stoked by the finish - so happy for Max, and felt like Toto was being a knob.

Then I slept on it, and thought more and more on it. Massi 100% made exceptions to the rules to have the championship finish as a race instead of a pace car finish. That choice doomed Hamilton.

His team left him out on old tires, and Max took the gamble for the fresh softs. Merc is mad because the rules were bent out of their favor, and I respect that vantage. Hamilton was the better driver all race. Period.

I think the finish was fantastic for the casual fan, the new viewers and those who want some excitement, but I also think that if the race played out any other way Hamilton would have won.

Alas - I'm pumped for Max and RB, congrats - but I also see Mercs POV that they got swindled out of the race

Tl'dr the whole thing kind of ended on a sour note to me. Both will have an * on their legacy. Verstappen 1* time world champ. Hamilton 2nd* place

Incorrect, he was in the faster car. Also he should have been penalised for going off track when Verstappen overtook him early in the race.

Massi screwed up not letting all the lapped cars pass when he could have, which is what always usually happens. Then he realised his mistake and let the 4 cars in front of Max pass to have a racing finish. Either way, it ends with the same result.

Even Alonso knew the lapped cars should have passed

It's perfectly analysed here: https://youtu.be/P4rVYxlMvcI

This post was edited by piatek on Dec 23 2021 10:58pm
Gold: 37,459.00
Jan 15 2022 09:57pm
Was a crazy race.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 8 2022 05:04am
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll