d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Looking For Some Feedback On My Signature(s)
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,595.00
Dec 4 2021 09:47am
I need some help with this

It feels kinda empty (which is not as bad in 400x150px) and the colours seem kinda dull. I'm not sure if there is anything else wrong with it.
Is there anything I can do to make this sig better or should I just scrap it?
Also please dont hesitate to give me general pointers or write whats on your mind
Thanks
Gold: 23,633.37
Trader: Trusted
Dec 4 2021 09:55am
Don’t know any about these kinds of signatures tbh, I’ll say maybe some light action? Looks kinda flat, maybe that’s the purpose?

Sorry not helpful at all.
Dec 4 2021 10:36am
Quote (037 @ 4 Dec 2021 16:55)
Don’t know any about these kinds of signatures tbh, I’ll say maybe some light action? Looks kinda flat, maybe that’s the purpose?

Sorry not helpful at all.

Thank you for your feedback, I tried adding some light effects and enhance the shadows.

A problem in my sigs that I notice is the more stuff I add the more it turns into indefinable mush of one color. I didn't even blur much and yet it looks so blurry :wacko:
Gold: 3,150.00
Dec 4 2021 10:45am
I think the washed out look might come from using that dust/star texture on a mode like lighten, screen, or linear dodge.
I'm not really good at these signatures either but you could try breaking up the chunks of color into various shades

You could try for more interesting textures on some of the pen tool sections

I also think good lighting & contrast is one of the most eye-catching parts of a tag but this style doesn't always incorporate that, not saying it can't be done though. I don't have a good example tbh but here's one where I tried to add some

Hope some of that is useful, but again I'm not that good at the style

This post was edited by Lothric on Dec 4 2021 10:46am
Dec 4 2021 11:14am
Quote (Lothric @ 4 Dec 2021 17:45)
I think the washed out look might come from using that dust/star texture on a mode like lighten, screen, or linear dodge.
I'm not really good at these signatures either but you could try breaking up the chunks of color into various shades
https://i.imgur.com/VBr3AET.png
You could try for more interesting textures on some of the pen tool sections
https://i.imgur.com/pbCmtSO.png
I also think good lighting & contrast is one of the most eye-catching parts of a tag but this style doesn't always incorporate that, not saying it can't be done though. I don't have a good example tbh but here's one where I tried to add some
https://i.imgur.com/8tlQWd2.png

Hope some of that is useful, but again I'm not that good at the style

I remember the first two sigs from the battle service, good times. They are amazing btw so props to you if you made them.
Also thank you for the feedback. It's really helpful. Crazy how 3d these effects look. I'm gonna try that first one with different shades for my next pen tool sig.
That seems like something I could incorporate into a sig like this, the others are probably too hard for me right now.

I removed the scratch texture I had on it and it looks noticably cleaner and not as blurry so that was the issue, thank you.
Gold: 3,150.00
Dec 4 2021 12:03pm
Quote (rinirax @ Dec 4 2021 12:14pm)
I remember the first two sigs from the battle service, good times. They are amazing btw so props to you if you made them.
Also thank you for the feedback. It's really helpful. Crazy how 3d these effects look. I'm gonna try that first one with different shades for my next pen tool sig.
That seems like something I could incorporate into a sig like this, the others are probably too hard for me right now.

I removed the scratch texture I had on it and it looks noticably cleaner and not as blurry so that was the issue, thank you.
https://i.imgur.com/vlObhyB.png

DB_Odin was really good at the style, Avid did a lot of pen tool tags as well. Not sure how much is still viewable but you could try finding some of their work for inspiration and ideas.
TZL/teazle as well

Good luck!
Dec 4 2021 01:45pm
Quote (Lothric @ 4 Dec 2021 19:03)
DB_Odin was really good at the style, Avid did a lot of pen tool tags as well. Not sure how much is still viewable but you could try finding some of their work for inspiration and ideas.
TZL/teazle as well

Good luck!

So I think I fucked up initially when I chose the colour for the tag but I went with it and I actually like it
I tried to incorporate the different shades tip and put some small details in it so its not just empty space.
Different shapes are too hard for me right now with the pentool but I need to get to work on that too.

Thanks again for the tip I'll check what I can find.

This post was edited by rinirax on Dec 4 2021 01:48pm
Gold: 4,000.00
Dec 5 2021 06:05am
I saw awesome works made by you, Rinirax. Im sure you know how to make them "bettter"

Maybe need to relax, change the kind of art to have new ideas

Dec 5 2021 10:05am
How does this look? I tried adding some circles to spice things up. I'm still not sure if I should give the objects shadows to make it look 3D or not. I did here.
I added the background last because the tag looked too empty and I think it shows, still I think its the best out of the 3.
Not sure on the circle if it looks better with or without the clipping mask.

Gonna take a break from pen tool sigs now, its really exhausting, I felt inspired after seeing a couple of sigs in the style but now its just a chore to come up with stuff trying to make it look good and failing over and over again.
Also it looks way worse in 400x150px. This is 600x225px size but I'm wondering if there is an alternative that looks better when I resize it down to 400x150.

I appreciate every kind of feedback
Gold: 125.00
Dec 5 2021 10:17am
Oh I like this one
Quote (rinirax @ Dec 5 2021 11:05am)

Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll