d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Starting Out.
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.64
Feb 6 2022 01:40am
I have a little bit of casual armature experience in Visual Basic, C#, and Python.

If you're on Windows OS, I highly recommend getting Microsoft Visual Studio Community Edition. It's free you can program in many languages with it. It comes with many useful tools that will help you write and test your code.

If using Python then you might want to try PyCharm Community edition. It's similar to MS Vsual Studio but made just for python and I personally found it a joy to use.
I got started in python by making a really basic Discord bot. it just copied lines of text from a file and posted them in a discord channel. It was easy to make and I felt like i learned a lot.

You can find many armature guides on google/youtube. Keep in my advice is for the casual hobbyist.

If you want to take a more professional approach to coding I'd suggest watching or reading lessons that cover the fundamental concepts. This way you don't jump in and learn to code badly and pick up bad habits.

This post was edited by NatureNames on Feb 6 2022 01:46am
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll