d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Have You Thought About Owning Gold?
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Oct 24 2021 07:42pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 24 2021 06:26pm)
We've been through this before. Why is your memory so poor?

Lol I honestly don't remember.
Oct 24 2021 07:46pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 24 2021 06:36pm)
Whites were not top dog historically speaking lol. That's something that's only been the case since ~1800 and was mostly precipitated by colonization.

If you look back even to 1500 India was top dog. Prior to that, the Mongols were top dog. Prior to that it was probably Turkey and other Arab countries.

The only reason you think white people were always top dog is because you grew up in the West and got a cirriculum written by white people. They focus on Rome, and then act like the following thousand years where whites weren't on top just didn't exist.

I am not disagreeing with you, however I just don't get it why you would say these things. When you go to China, you will hear Chinese people brag about how awesome the Chinese are. When you go to Japan, they brag about the Japanese. Jews brag about themselves. Arabs brag about themselves. And probably some Africans brag about themselves too. So why do you do the exact opposite and talk down your own race? Is it because you think this means you are above the rest of the benighted racist whites? That you are enlightened somehow, that you are impartial and objective?
Gold: 260.11
Oct 24 2021 07:47pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 24 2021 08:46pm)
I am not disagreeing with you, however I just don't get it why you would say these things. When you go to China, you will hear Chinese people brag about how awesome the Chinese are. When you go to Japan, they brag about the Japanese. Jews brag about themselves. Arabs brag about themselves. And probably some Africans brag about themselves too. So why do you do the exact opposite and talk down your own race? Is it because you think this means you are above the rest of the benighted racist whites? That you are enlightened somehow, that you are impartial and objective?

I care about truth. It's that simple. I'm generally superior to average, so I don't need whites being good generally to hold me up. I'd rather promote productives and reap the benefit of a better society.
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 24 2021 07:49pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 24 2021 06:36pm)
Whites were not top dog historically speaking lol. That's something that's only been the case since ~1800 and was mostly precipitated by colonization.

If you look back even to 1500 India was top dog. Prior to that, the Mongols were top dog. Prior to that it was probably Turkey and other Arab countries.

The only reason you think white people were always top dog is because you grew up in the West and got a cirriculum written by white people. They focus on Rome, and then act like the following thousand years where whites weren't on top just didn't exist.

How are you defining "top dog?" Land? Number of people? Wealth? Military might? Even if you exclude empires like the Portuguese, Spanish, and British, you still have to contend with the Romans. I think the only comparable ancient empires would be Persians. Are Turks considered white?
Oct 24 2021 07:50pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 24 2021 06:47pm)
I care about truth. It's that simple. I'm generally superior to average, so I don't need whites being good generally to hold me up. I'd rather promote productives and reap the benefit of a better society.

I see. So you piss upon the less accomplished among your own race. Usually normal people try to lift up those of their own kind that are not as successful.
Oct 24 2021 07:53pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 24 2021 08:49pm)
How are you defining "top dog?" Land? Number of people? Wealth? Military might? Even if you exclude empires like the Portuguese, Spanish, and British, you still have to contend with the Romans. I think the only comparable ancient empires would be Persians. Are Turks considered white?

Can't give a rigorous definition.

After the Bronze Age Collapse Egypt was the only player. Literally. They were the only complex society that didn't collapse.

In the 1400's India was the inheritor of the Mongol Empire with more troops than probably all of Europe combined, and they made Europe pay steeply to participate in trade with them.

Yeah, Rome was dominant in its time, but Rome wasn't a consistent power through all of human history.

Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 24 2021 08:50pm)
I see. So you piss upon the less accomplished among your own race. Usually normal people try to lift up those of their own kind that are not as successful.

I will lift up those who will accept it. Most whites are trash not worthy of living in this country. They think things should be handed to them because they are some kind of inheritor of greatness.

I don't abide that. If a poor Indian kid wants to come here and work his ass off, I'd rather have him.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Oct 24 2021 07:54pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 24 2021 07:56pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 24 2021 06:53pm)
Can't give a rigorous definition.

After the Bronze Age Collapse Egypt was the only player. Literally. They were the only complex society that didn't collapse.

In the 1400's India was the inheritor of the Mongol Empire with more troops than probably all of Europe combined, and they made Europe pay steeply to participate in trade with them.

Yeah, Rome was dominant in its time, but Rome wasn't a consistent power through all of human history.

I will lift up those who will accept it. Most whites are trash not worthy of living in this country. They think things should be handed to them because they are some kind of inheritor of greatness.

I don't abide that. If a poor Indian kid wants to come here and work his ass off, I'd rather have him.

This, we can agree on. America should be the best of the best and I think we should start sending some of the more useless whites back to Europe. They'll be taken care of better there anyway!
Oct 24 2021 07:59pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 24 2021 06:53pm)

This Indian kid who is willing to work his ass off will in all likelihood take available jobs away from whites. Whom, as we all know, you do not give a shit about.

I have no more to say to you.
Oct 24 2021 08:00pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 24 2021 08:59pm)
This Indian kid who is willing to work his ass off will in all likelihood take available jobs away from whites. Whom, as we all know, you do not give a shit about.

I have no more to say to you.

Those whites are not owed a job. They are not owed prosperity under our current system.

I absolutely advocate for a system where we have UBI, universal healthcare, and a strong safety net though, so make sure you understand my whole position before you judge. We should provide baseline level of prosperity to everybody. But above that, get off your ass and work.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Oct 24 2021 08:01pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 24 2021 08:14pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 24 2021 01:41pm)
Can I ask why?

Aside from the answer he already gave you, the ratio of the current price of gold to silver is very high compared to historical norms. If a crash were to occur, silver being more easily purchased would help it correct closer to its historical ratios. Today's price is about 75/1 gold/silver, and when they were used for actual currency, it was closer to 45/1, meaning that silver has a higher ceiling than gold does in a crash.

This post was edited by Santara on Oct 24 2021 08:14pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll