d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Why The Fack Dont Umpires Know The Rules Anymore
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,609.00
Oct 18 2021 03:51pm
Quote (Nozz @ 18 Oct 2021 17:49)
Well 6.01 A 4 is clearly irrelevant right, he's nowhere near a base to "gather around", and 10 is about the first baseman reaching first and contact during throws.

6.01 a 3 however seems pretty spot on, except it's also completely inapplicable because he's not the batter any longer - he's a runner now.

he is gathering around the base by lieu of the fact that he is standing in the way of the thrower to base line, which is 5 feet away towards the infield and off the 3ft clear leeway for running. So its intentional because fo that fact; which is the exact reason the rule was made.

and to the second point yes he is still the batter so ya idk what to tell you about that.
Gold: 17,609.00
Oct 18 2021 03:58pm
Quote (Nozz @ 18 Oct 2021 17:49)
Well 6.01 A 4 is clearly irrelevant right, he's nowhere near a base to "gather around", and 10 is about the first baseman reaching first and contact during throws.

6.01 a 3 however seems pretty spot on, except it's also completely inapplicable because he's not the batter any longer - he's a runner now.

And I know I am not a MLB umpire but I have been an umpire since I was 12 years old and I do have a Gold medal for a Canadian championships in the sport so again I know im small fish but Im not just some random on a couch eating cereal; im a random on a couch eating cereal that also loves the sport more than life itself and has the sport literally in my veins.
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll