d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Why The Fack Dont Umpires Know The Rules Anymore
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,609.00
Oct 17 2021 01:12pm
Bro that Play Houston against the Sox where the Umps didnt call the guy out for running fair in the base path is absolutely insane. these unmpires dont even know their own rules of baseball.

check the rules. dude is out
Gold: 2,316.90
Oct 18 2021 07:48am
Did you watch the jomboy? The hot take there was that this is fully within the rules, and he established a path right away. We're going to see this a lot more now that it happened and was called correctly - or a rule change. I guarantee it.
Oct 18 2021 02:03pm
Quote (Nozz @ 18 Oct 2021 09:48)
Did you watch the jomboy? The hot take there was that this is fully within the rules, and he established a path right away. We're going to see this a lot more now that it happened and was called correctly - or a rule change. I guarantee it.

Ya Those umpires legit dont know the rules of their own sport...

That applies only for running from first to second and second to third because the player cant be in foul territory.

The league doesnt give a shit anyway all the time they dont call dudes out for purposely getting in the way on those bases.

but ther are specific rules for first and those base because there is the foul area. you are supposed to run in the foul area. If you run in fair play and the ball accidently hits you well tough you coulda been in foul territory therefore you are out go fucking sit down

that is the actual baseball rule and its insane how these umpires on live fucking tv blatantly ignored the actual rules of the sport
Oct 18 2021 02:17pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Oct 18 2021 04:03pm)
Ya Those umpires legit dont know the rules of their own sport...

That applies only for running from first to second and second to third because the player cant be in foul territory.

The league doesnt give a shit anyway all the time they dont call dudes out for purposely getting in the way on those bases.

but ther are specific rules for first and those base because there is the foul area. you are supposed to run in the foul area. If you run in fair play and the ball accidently hits you well tough you coulda been in foul territory therefore you are out go fucking sit down

that is the actual baseball rule and its insane how these umpires on live fucking tv blatantly ignored the actual rules of the sport

I misspoke a little bit. The established path might be irrelevant here.

The runner got hit with a ball coming from first to home. Not being thrown to first base (interference without intent).

So you'd have to show me a rule that says he did anything wrong there. The 3 foot rule from baseline also only applies to the last half of the run to first. It's complicated. I think Grandal DID intentionally take a line that interfered - and that should be added to the rules to disallow.

Oh and I hate the umpires union. But I think they called this OK. Next time they should say, if you run on the grass we're gonna assume you're doing it on purpose if the throw hits ya.

This post was edited by Nozz on Oct 18 2021 02:18pm
Oct 18 2021 02:19pm
Quote (Nozz @ 18 Oct 2021 16:17)

The runner got hit with a ball coming from first to home. Not being thrown to first base (interference without intent).

So you'd have to show me a rule that says he did anything wrong there. The 3 foot rule from baseline also only applies to the last half of the run to first. It's complicated. I think Grandal DID intentionally take a line that interfered - and that should be added to the rules to disallow.

First of all he was off the 3 foot wide base path when he was struck by the ball.

Second of all That doesnt matter for first and third base. The rule is literally different. As a runner your job is to run in foul territory from 0-1 and 3-4 because of these situations. So the fair play rule doesnt matter.

It hit him, thats an out. He was off the base line, thata egregious. and an out.

He purposely ran in that trajectory to disrupt the play and got hit by the ball. thats an out'

its rule 5.09 b-3 that states that a runner cannot purposely interfere with a thrown ball. Can even be argued that counts as interfering with the player attempting to make the play.

then the rule clarifies itself in 6.01-3 and -4 and -10 interference rules.

https://content.mlb.com/documents/2/2/4/305750224/2019_Official_Baseball_Rules_FINAL_.pdf

This post was edited by Crunkt on Oct 18 2021 02:31pm
Oct 18 2021 02:26pm
Quote (Nozz @ Oct 18 2021 04:17pm)

Oh and I hate the umpires union. But I think they called this OK. Next time they should say, if you run on the grass we're gonna assume you're doing it on purpose if the throw hits ya.

Don't wanna argue man, I'm truly curious if it's you that's right, or the baseball media people I follow.

Here's the rules, please quote one that would have him out by way of interference (or otherwise) on that throw. For real.

https://content.mlb.com/documents/2/2/4/305750224/2019_Official_Baseball_Rules_FINAL_.pdf
Oct 18 2021 02:31pm
Quote (Nozz @ 18 Oct 2021 16:26)
Don't wanna argue man, I'm truly curious if it's you that's right, or the baseball media people I follow.

Here's the rules, please quote one that would have him out by way of interference (or otherwise) on that throw. For real.

Its me trust me

its rule 5.09 b-3 that states that a runner cannot purposely interfere with a thrown ball. Can even be argued that counts as interfering with the player attempting to make the play. The fact that he is off the base line and in fair territory with the angle of the play. it is obvious he is purposely attempting to disrupt the play that is an out. Regardless of the thrown ball hitting him. That is also an out as per interference rules.

then the rule clarifies itself in 6.01-3 and -4 and -10 interference rules.

This post was edited by Crunkt on Oct 18 2021 02:33pm
Oct 18 2021 03:37pm
5.09 b-3 doesnt say anything about where he's running
Oct 18 2021 03:38pm
Quote (Nozz @ 18 Oct 2021 17:37)
5.09 b-3 doesnt say anything about where he's running

The runner is out because of those 4 rules mentioned

If all that happened and the runner was in foul territory then none of that applies because he isnt in play. The fact that he is 4 feet into fair territory in the line of the throw is intent. If he is in foul territory running in that same line there can't be intent because he isnt in play if the thrower hits him well shit ur dumb, but he is out either way.

This post was edited by Crunkt on Oct 18 2021 03:39pm
Oct 18 2021 03:49pm
Quote (Crunkt @ Oct 18 2021 05:38pm)
The runner is out because of those 4 rules mentioned

If all that happened and the runner was in foul territory then none of that applies because he isnt in play. The fact that he is 4 feet into fair territory in the line of the throw is intent. If he is in foul territory running in that same line there can't be intent because he isnt in play if the thrower hits him well shit ur dumb, but he is out either way.

Well 6.01 A 4 is clearly irrelevant right, he's nowhere near a base to "gather around", and 10 is about the first baseman reaching first and contact during throws.

6.01 a 3 however seems pretty spot on, except it's also completely inapplicable because he's not the batter any longer - he's a runner now.

Go Back To Baseball Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll