d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Help With Acronyms
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 1,001.00
Oct 14 2021 05:29am
Quote (Nede @ Oct 14 2021 10:23pm)
Alot of acronyms have double meaning depending on the situation.

dd stands for done deal but more commonly don't dodge, same with gg. Double meaning. In this community it stands for good game. In every other gaming community it stands for get good.

It def doesn't mean get good in every other game lol.

GG has meant good game since the launch of online games, if it's get good it's definitely a newer thing of which I'm guessing fortnite
Gold: 0.00
Oct 14 2021 07:21am
Quote (Hybrex @ Oct 14 2021 06:29am)

GG has meant good game since the launch of online games, if it's get good it's definitely a newer thing of which I'm guessing fortnite

I didn't just make this shit up out of nowhere for shits and giggles you tween. Go lay down and bother someone your own age
Gold: 231,355.00
Oct 14 2021 08:34am
Quote (Nede @ Oct 14 2021 09:21am)
I didn't just make this shit up out of nowhere for shits and giggles you tween. Go lay down and bother someone your own age

GG has always meant "good game" I thought. ie. SC, SC2, D2 it all means good game.

50 seconds in "And it's saddening when we GG"; "GG" clearly means "good game" (video from 2011).

Also, google it, pretty much nothing about get good. It definitely doesn't mean get good in "every other gaming community" as you stated.

What game do you play that it means "get good"?

Quote (Hybrex @ Oct 14 2021 07:29am)

'07 tween, interesting :hail:

I'm with you on this, definitely good game.

This post was edited by Commm on Oct 14 2021 08:39am
Oct 14 2021 08:50am
Quote (Commm @ Oct 14 2021 09:34am)
GG has always meant "good game" I thought. ie. SC, SC2, D2 it all means good game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4w7UZV3NA

50 seconds in "And it's saddening when we GG"; "GG" clearly means "good game" (video from 2011).

Also, google it, pretty much nothing about get good. It definitely doesn't mean get good in "every other gaming community" as you stated.

What game do you play that it means "get good"?

'07 tween, interesting :hail:

I'm with you on this, definitely good game.

Yea totally just making this up out of no where you're right. I definitely haven't experienced it first hand every where else. You know what I've done better than me that's for sure so no point in arguing this with you.
It isn't pedantic at allc. Didn't realize a tiny irrelevant detail would cause so much controversy. It's not a waste of time or anything please continue.
Oct 14 2021 08:59am
Quote (Nede @ Oct 14 2021 10:50am)
Yea totally just making this up out of no where you're right. I definitely haven't experienced it first hand every where else. You know what I've done better than me that's for sure so no point in arguing this with you.
It isn't pedantic at allc. Didn't realize a tiny irrelevant detail would cause so much controversy. It's not a waste of time or anything please continue.

You are getting pretty worked up about this...though you also seem like the kind of person who would use GG to mean get good instead of good game lmao.

I'm not saying you're making it up, I'm saying it almost always means good game.
Oct 14 2021 09:04am
Quote (Commm @ Oct 14 2021 09:59am)
You are getting pretty worked up about this...though you also seem like the kind of person who would use GG to mean get good instead of good game lmao.

I'm not saying you're making it up, I'm saying it almost always means good game.

No it's called fighting stupidity with sarcasm

So I'm saying, it's quite an irrelevant detail to dispute. Should I have put the words "in my experience" to placate you pedantic type. Most can extrapolate the common sense from the sentiment

This post was edited by Nede on Oct 14 2021 09:08am
Gold: 466.99
Oct 14 2021 09:09am
I've never seen GG be used as "get good". Usually when players say that, they write "get gud"
Oct 14 2021 09:17am
Confirming that GG has never been used as “get good” in any of the gaming I’ve done.

If you’ve used “gg” as a dig at someone to “get good”, than you’ve probably done the opposite of a dig.
Oct 14 2021 09:21am
Quote (Nede @ Oct 14 2021 11:04am)
No it's called fighting stupidity with sarcasm

So I'm saying, it's quite an irrelevant detail to dispute. Should I have put the words "in my experience" to placate you pedantic type. Most can extrapolate the common sense from the sentiment

You could have put "in your experience" but instead you made a completely contradictory statement:

Quote (Nede @ Oct 14 2021 07:23am)
Alot of acronyms have double meaning depending on the situation.

dd stands for done deal but more commonly don't dodge, same with gg. Double meaning. In this community it stands for good game. In every other gaming community it stands for get good.

But keep blaming me for being "pEdAnTiC" :bonk: You can't even quote yourself accurately.

As they say, GG :)

PS Is "every other gaming community" supposed to mean "in your experience" or are we just too stupid and lacking in common sense to extrapolate?

PPS I asked you a legit question, which games you play that it means get good and you just went on about how I'm being pedantic and too stupid to understand. Calm down and breathe? The world isn't against you.

This post was edited by Commm on Oct 14 2021 09:37am
Oct 14 2021 09:38am
Quote (Commm @ Oct 14 2021 10:21am)
You could have put "in your experience" but instead you made a completely contradictory statement:

But keep blaming me for being "pEdAnTiC" :bonk: You can't even quote yourself accurately.

As they say, GG :)

PS Is "every other gaming community"supposed to mean "in your experience" or are we just too stupid and lacking in common sense to extrapolate?

I might be being pedantic, but I'm not the one saying stupid shit and then getting offended when everyone tells me I'm wrong.

I'm not wrong. That's the point. And being pedantic is definitely not something to be proud of. I literally don't have to change a single word in my original post but add "in my experience" after the very sentence you're trying to dissect and you wouldn't have bothered me at all. Any intelligent individual can easily see it was a subjective statement. Only pedantic types would bother disputing such irrelevant details

This post was edited by Nede on Oct 14 2021 09:39am
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic