d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > I Need A Sorc Build Guide
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 43.40
Oct 6 2021 11:02pm
There any build guides out there for hardcore,I’d prefer a frozen orb over blizzard but send what you can :)

Oct 7 2021 02:47am
Bumper
Oct 7 2021 05:11pm
Bumped
Gold: 3,216.68
Oct 7 2021 06:12pm
Instead of a build what explain what you want and what you're looking for?

Blizzard is far better for pvm and bosses, the only reason you'd go orb is that it's better for pking low levels, or you're trying to go dual skill trees so you can get past cold immunes so you can do something like hell rushes with a cheap sorc or all end-game content.

Personally I like going Blizz/Orb so I'm good at pking and MFing, but it's at the sacrifice of Blizz/IB strength which means I kill meph a little slower. But still super fast. But blizzard sucks for pking.

Plenty of builds out there. You can even go Blizz/Fireball or the like.

Ultimately just do what you like.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 8 2021 08:09am
My tip for a HC sorc starting out:

Go Frozen orb with all synergies, then enough teleport so that you don't lose mana when teleing with meditation. I use Static/Nova and Merc for cold immunes. However I mostly farm where there are no CI. For solo play FO does more than enough dmg! Especially later when you get more + skills.

For starters pick up Whistans Guard, Spirit Sword/Ocu, Vipermagi and Iratha set.

Whistans guard with max block is very important for survival!
Coupled with Iratha set and waterwalk, you can get 90/85/85/85 all resists and 75% block.
The only thing better IMO is Tal rashas FULL set, or Shako/Mara/Tal etc. But if you have those items you want Stormshield as well, so you don't die with all that :)
Oct 8 2021 08:34am
Ew points in teleport, I wouldn't do that. Just chug mana pots. And you can't really have meditation when tele'ing around throne or meph because it'll pop a doll and then you die.

Frozen orb does enough damage but blizz does more.
Oct 8 2021 05:06pm
Thanks for you’re feedback!
Oct 8 2021 05:16pm
Quote (EXCELLENTMENTALHEALTH @ 8 Oct 2021 16:34)
Ew points in teleport, I wouldn't do that. Just chug mana pots. And you can't really have meditation when tele'ing around throne or meph because it'll pop a doll and then you die.

Frozen orb does enough damage but blizz does more.

This is bad advice IMO. First you don't die to one doll dying - so you should use meditation, also if you are scared about dmg - just use a low dmg Insight. Second if you get mana burned you need to have a very low cost on teleport otherwise you will eventually die, because you will get mana burned and then stuck. With low teleport cost and meditation you can just teleport away even if your mana reaches zero.

My fav MF Cold sorc has 20 orb, 20 cm, 20 synergy orb, 20 telek, 10 telep, 1 es, 1 static, 1 warmth.
Oct 8 2021 05:27pm
You can definitely die to a single doll popping. Multiple players in a game increase a doll's health, if they are special mobs they will also have increased health. There's also amp damage curses and crit too.

Meditation on a merc doesn't work when you are teleporting, and it'll pop a doll, so there isn't a reason to use it when running Meph.

You can use a low damage insight but I'd still be scared of it popping a doll.

Here's a video of me with a lvl84 sorc in hell almost dying to dolls. I didn't have a weapon on my merc at all, but if he had killed a single doll I would've died immediately. That's with a 15% DR string of ears and max block build too, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIoKgrUiE8&feature=youtu.be

. Second if you get mana burned you need to have a very low cost on teleport otherwise you will eventually die, because you will get mana burned and then stuck. With low teleport cost and meditation you can just teleport away even if your mana reaches zero.

If you get mana burned a low mana cost teleport won't help either. Chug mana pots and if you get burned you can always just leave.

I get what you're saying about putting points in teleport, but that juice just ain't worth the squeeze. 20 skill points can be put into much better places.
Oct 8 2021 05:30pm
Quote (EXCELLENTMENTALHEALTH @ 9 Oct 2021 01:27)
You can definitely die to a single doll popping. Multiple players in a game increase a doll's health, if they are special mobs they will also have increased health. There's also amp damage curses and crit too.

Meditation on a merc doesn't work when you are teleporting, and it'll pop a doll, so there isn't a reason to use it when running Meph.

You can use a low damage insight but I'd still be scared of it popping a doll.

Here's a video of me with a lvl84 sorc in hell almost dying to dolls. I didn't have a weapon on my merc at all, but if he had killed a single doll I would've died immediately. That's with a 15% DR string of ears and max block build too, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIoKgrUiE8&feature=youtu.be

If you get mana burned a low mana cost teleport won't help either. Chug mana pots and if you get burned you can always just leave.

I get what you're saying about putting points in teleport, but that juice just ain't worth the squeeze. 20 skill points can be put into much better places.

Nice video.. Of you dying to normal doll attacks because you have no FHR and no Energy shield on HC...

edit: omg not even using shiver armor.

This post was edited by MTerenius on Oct 8 2021 05:32pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll