d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > [d2r] Cross Progression Trading Rule
Prev123
Closed New Topic
Gold: 5,347.00
Oct 6 2021 06:49pm
Quote (ANDROS1112 @ Oct 6 2021 08:29pm)
For example, if you buy an item from PC forums and sell them on the Xbox forums.

This was the situation in which I got the mentioned feedback.

Why would this be illegal? This makes no sense to me. Since the game allows cross progression, all of the items are inherently in the same ecosystem. If I find an item on Xbox and then login on PC to sell it how is that doing anything wrong? So how would trading on one and then trading that same item on another platform be against the rules? And how could you even keep track of such things?

Edit: Noticed your other comments btw. This has me wondering if the mods don't fully understand.. if anything, the suggestion should be that such trades be explicitly legal, in my opinion..

This post was edited by Greeley on Oct 6 2021 06:51pm
Gold: 109,500.00
Oct 6 2021 06:53pm
Quote (Greeley @ Oct 6 2021 08:49pm)
Why would this be illegal? This makes no sense to me. Since the game allows cross progression, all of the items are inherently in the same ecosystem. If I find an item on Xbox and then login on PC to sell it how is that doing anything wrong? So how would trading on one and then trading that same item on another platform be against the rules? And how could you even keep track of such things?

Edit: Noticed your other comments btw. This has me wondering if the mods don't fully understand.. if anything, the suggestion should be that such trades be explicitly legal, in my opinion..

I just think the rule is outdated and based on the Vanilla version of D2. Just needs an update.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 6 2021 06:56pm
Quote (ANDROS1112 @ Oct 6 2021 08:53pm)
I just think the rule is outdated and based on the Vanilla version of D2. Just needs an update.

People still play vanilla d2, along with tons of other games which people could potentially trade across games/realms/cores etc
Gold: 109,500.00
Oct 6 2021 06:57pm
Quote (GCFemBoy @ Oct 6 2021 08:56pm)
People still play vanilla d2, along with tons of other games which people could potentially trade across games/realms/cores etc

Maybe then add an exception for D2R.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 6 2021 07:03pm
Quote (ANDROS1112 @ Oct 6 2021 08:57pm)
Maybe then add an exception for D2R.

I think we're just miscommunicating now :P

There isn't an exception because the rule doesn't apply to D2:R in the first place. The Trade Moderator that tried to explain to you why it was illegal and wasn't allowed, probably just didn't understand the context fully. You should PM a Senior Moderator about this so they can clarify it 100%, and also give guidance to the Trade Moderator that may have gave you inaccurate information so it doesn't happen again.

D2:R doesn't have cross platform trading. You can only trade from the same platforms and then utilize the games cross progress to bring your character to your desired platform.
Gold: 105.00
Oct 6 2021 08:35pm
I have done 338 transactions in the past 7 days, primarily buying items on PC d2r, then exiting the character and going onto my playstation (cross progression) and then selling it to people on playstation.
My rate of scam is exactly 0%.
Nobody has every tried to scam or anything and there is zero trust involved because I both purchase the item on PC with my own fg and then give the item to a playstation user and he pays with his FG.

This is equivalent to buying on D2R EU and selling on D2R America. As such, I have zero idea why the moderators decided that we should not be allowed to purchase PC D2R items for console players.

This rule should very well be changed or better explained so that the moderators understand the series of transactions (and how they are not abusive).

NOTE - I am not saying that the console user pays the PC person that gives me the item and then I drop it off to the playstation user. I am saying that I will cover the cost of the PC item with my own FG and then the playstation person pays me (hence I am not a middleman, I am an "import/exporter assuming all the risk (i.e. playstation person backs out and I am stuck with the item).

Trade Moderator
Gold: 40,156.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 7 2021 01:06am
The issue here isn't that you are trading on the PC realm and then personally logging in on your Xbox with that character to continue trading. There is nothing wrong with that.
You made a service topics for "item transfers" where you act like a middle man to purchase something on PC which would then be delivered to a user who can only use their console. Thats not allowed. ( https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=85984200 )

If an Xbox player wants to trade something with a user from the PC realm they must personally login and do that themselves. You can not act like a middle-man/mediator and provide such a service, and no one can ask for such help when making an ISO-topic.
This falls under the same category as cross-realm trading and we do not allow it.

Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev123
Closed New Topic