d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Increase Bump Rule For D2r Trades
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.31
Sep 26 2021 03:00am
With so many people browsing and posting in the D2r forum, your topic disappears in seconds.

Following the 4 hour bump rule makes it nearly impossible to do good trading.
Gold: 23,660.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 26 2021 03:08am
There were 2300 consistently throughout the day in just one section which made it veryyyyy hard to trade.

Splitting it up into several grounds would only divide the player base and make it harder for you to find the items you need.

Something should be done to make trading easier based on the influx of 10 threads a second.

Here are a few ideas I am going to come up with now:

1 Make it so you can bump your topic twice every 4 hours only in d2r.
2 change the search function in a way that it is even easier to find the items you're looking for.
3 decrease the amount of different threads you can make but again increase the bump speed at which you can bump the same thread.
4 create a screenshot server option. Basically make it so the top 50 threads are steady and don't move until the next 50 are out. That way threads are not moving until they all move at once to the second page (this would be a toggable option)
5 Add another 5 fg paid thread option like cursive or extra bold or something that would have more threads being able to stand out if you paid.
6 Split screen into top 100 titles not just top 50 and remove the author and views so you could fit even more topics onto one page but ONLY the topic names. When you're browsing to buy or sell you're pretty much just looking at the topic names. Once you click on the thread u can figure out if the user and # of posts are relevant to you. For d2r since everyone that's being posted is new both the user and the # of views is not very important information. In every other forum that is slower paced that information is super important.

Idk those are just a few things I came up with in 5 minutes. Maybe there's no need for a change and you just gotta power through it and make several threads and get lucky.
Gold: 19.19
Sep 26 2021 03:25am
idk, the bump rule wont do alot. theres sooo many trades right now, i doubt people are looking at the 1st page at all without searching. yesterday my trade was disappeared within 10 seconds lol. use the search function. theres a 99% chance youll find a recent trade.

Quote (Bob888 @ 26 Sep 2021 11:08)
4 create a screenshot server option. Basically make it so the top 50 threads are steady and don't move until the next 50 are out. That way threads are not moving until they all move at once to the second page (this would be a toggable option)

this is actually a pretty good idea! i like this.
Gold: 1.93
Sep 26 2021 03:28am
I use the search function, its not hard for me to trade :huh:
Just keep in mind changing bump timer will mean more people bumping.. knocking your trades down quicker.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Sep 26 2021 03:28am
Gold: 9,205.00
Sep 26 2021 03:59am
The "bump rule" has never been enforced so changing the timer doesn't do anything.
The game was just released so you just have to deal with it like everyone else.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2021 09:31am
My bold red topic went to page ELEVEN within 30 seconds. Got no views. Makes trading impossible with so much traffic in one spot. It was going deeper and deeper into the pages that simply clicking next page over and over wasnt fast enough to catch up and find my topic. I’m having to use the search tool to trade because I’m actually not seeing more than half of the threads that are even posted. Even when I’m hawking the forums for a specific rune and refreshing every second, I still miss threads that immediately go to the next page.
Gold: 176,523.63
Sep 26 2021 04:19pm
Quote (Dasein @ Sep 26 2021 11:31am)
My bold red topic went to page ELEVEN within 30 seconds. Got no views. Makes trading impossible with so much traffic in one spot. It was going deeper and deeper into the pages that simply clicking next page over and over wasnt fast enough to catch up and find my topic. I’m having to use the search tool to trade because I’m actually not seeing more than half of the threads that are even posted. Even when I’m hawking the forums for a specific rune and refreshing every second, I still miss threads that immediately go to the next page.

So if its flooded this much, you think increasing the bump rule will help? It will be the same issue.... If it was broken down by region, it wouldn't be so congested with posts so frequently.
Gold: 455.97
Sep 26 2021 06:25pm
Quote (Dasein @ Sep 26 2021 08:31am)

Your post can still be found if searched for, right?

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Sep 26 2021 06:26pm
Gold: 1,098.00
Sep 26 2021 06:57pm
something needs to be done about this, its almost unusable they way it is now. too much, no way to keep up or keep track
Gold: 0.31
Sep 26 2021 08:58pm
Quote (gip33g @ Sep 27 2021 04:57am)
something needs to be done about this, its almost unusable they way it is now. too much, no way to keep up or keep track

I agree

Maybe not early bump? But definitely something
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll