d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Lions
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 21 2021 07:55am
Quote (SSBBWGiantessLover @ Sep 21 2021 08:09am)
if the Nets win a couple rings it wont change the perception on them being shit, fans will still remember how many garbage seasons they had

same applies here. TB had a lot of stinker seasons, even more than the Lions

No lol lions been around since the beginning. You're underestimating their ineptitude
Sep 21 2021 08:04am
Quote (crunkinator @ Sep 21 2021 08:54am)
I agree with you on that aspect. Easily two of the most physically gifted players at their perspective positions to never make it to a superb owl. Jags have ruined a lot of first round talent but I agree nothing comes close either of those two guys let alone those two guys coming from the same organization with the success or lack thereof.

That's not it. After they loyally gave their bodies and souls to the lions, the fords took their money back when they retired. I'm not talking big money either, only 1.6 million from Johnson. That's how greedy those pos are. For comparison, the Colts let Andrew luck keep his entire 25 something million signing bonus under identical circumstances.
Gold: 400.50
Warn: 10%
Sep 21 2021 08:15am
Quote (Nede @ Sep 21 2021 10:04am)
That's not it. After they loyally gave their bodies and souls to the lions, the fords took their money back when they retired. I'm not talking big money either, only 1.6 million from Johnson. That's how greedy those pos are. For comparison, the Colts let Andrew luck keep his entire 25 something million signing bonus under identical circumstances.

I think we can both agree they retired with their bodies in tact whereas Luck left bodied. I will agree that it was petty and unnecessary to keep that money. Barry and Megatron have, in my opinion, the best single season accolades at their given positions ever and I doubt either will be repeated with the equal attempts/receptions. Given that, they deserved what they earned and more for putting up with that organization for sure. If they've been good at anything though, it has been their ability to draft top tier talent which teams like the Jags have been unable to do. They've just never once been close to putting it all together.
Sep 21 2021 08:16am
Quote (crunkinator @ Sep 21 2021 09:15am)
I think we can both agree they retired with their bodies in tact whereas Luck left bodied. I will agree that it was petty and unnecessary to keep that money. Barry and Megatron have, in my opinion, the best single season accolades at their given positions ever and I doubt either will be repeated with the equal attempts/receptions. Given that, they deserved what they earned and more for putting up with that organization for sure. If they've been good at anything though, it has been their ability to draft top tier talent which teams like the Jags have been unable to do. They've just never once been close to putting it all together.

No I don't agree with the first thing. That's why all 3 retired lmao.

And to the last thing, the jags have gotten closer than the lions and pretty recently as well.

This post was edited by Nede on Sep 21 2021 08:22am
Sep 21 2021 08:20am
Quote (Nede @ Sep 21 2021 10:16am)
No I don't agree with the first thing. That's why all 3 retired lmao.

Then agree to disagree. I think Megatron and Barry came to the realization of the organizations limits and retired because they'd done all they could do, which is more than anyone else at their position, and they both retired in their prime. Luck suffered gruesome injuries and simply put, his body couldn't take more, period.

This post was edited by crunkinator on Sep 21 2021 08:20am
Sep 21 2021 08:26am
Quote (crunkinator @ Sep 21 2021 09:20am)
Then agree to disagree. I think Megatron and Barry came to the realization of the organizations limits and retired because they'd done all they could do, which is more than anyone else at their position, and they both retired in their prime. Luck suffered gruesome injuries and simply put, his body couldn't take more, period.

Jesus. Just Google "Calvin Johnson hands"
2 things are clear:
1. I've looked into this quite a bit, interviews articles statistics etc
2. You haven't and are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

The lions have been around 66 years longer on top of everything else. If you're just using winning percentage as your only point of debate then let's just stop here and stop wasting time

Jags are bad but don't even scratch the surface to the lions utter incompetence.

This post was edited by Nede on Sep 21 2021 08:32am
Sep 21 2021 08:31am
Quote (Nede @ Sep 21 2021 10:26am)
Jesus. Just Google "Calvin Johnson hands"
2 things are clear:
1. I've looked into this quite a bit, interviews articles statistics etc
2. You haven't and are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

The lions have been around 50 years longer on top of everything else. If you're just using winning percentage as your only point of debate then let's just stop here and stop wasting time

I'm not arguing that they're the worst organization, I believe that both Barry and Calvin left the league in significantly better shape than Andrew Luck and that's an undeniably solid argument. Simmer down guy, I was under the impression we were having a cordial discussion for once, Christ.
Sep 21 2021 08:32am
Quote (crunkinator @ Sep 21 2021 09:31am)
I'm not arguing that they're the worst organization, I believe that both Barry and Calvin left the league in significantly better shape than Andrew Luck and that's an undeniably solid argument. Simmer down guy, I was under the impression we were having a cordial discussion for once, Christ.

No it's not lmfao go to bed you're tired

You're arguing a tiny inconsequential detail about Andrew luck vs sanders and Johnson? Fucking christ you're annoying as hell.

This post was edited by Nede on Sep 21 2021 08:35am
Sep 21 2021 08:40am
Quote (Nede @ Sep 21 2021 10:32am)

Come on guy, you can't possibly be serious, Luck missed like half of his career to injuries (no I'm not being literal). The time lost compared to the other two is significantly one sided. But whatever, I guess this is how you operate under any and all circumstances. Megatron missed 9 games his entire career, Barry missed 6, and Luck missed over 26....

Quote (Nede @ Sep 21 2021 10:32am)

You're arguing a tiny inconsequential detail about Andrew luck vs sanders and Johnson? Fucking christ you're annoying as hell.

It's not really an argument and it was directly related to our discussion at hand. You need to take a Xanax and chill out my guy.

This post was edited by crunkinator on Sep 21 2021 08:43am
Sep 21 2021 08:45am
Quote (crunkinator @ Sep 21 2021 09:40am)
Come on guy, you can't possibly be serious, Luck missed like half of his career to injuries (no I'm not being literal). The time lost compared to the other two is significantly one sided. But whatever, I guess this is how you operate under any and all circumstances. Megatron missed 9 games his entire career, Barry missed 6, and Luck missed over 26....

It's not really an argument and it was directly related to our discussion at hand. You need to take a Xanax and chill out my guy.

You're just talking out of your ass and trying to argue your feelings as fact so there's no more discussion.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll