d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Tier List Video - Ranking 39 Builds And Showing
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Sep 16 2021 01:33pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 16 2021 02:01pm)
Yeah if its strictly PvM, then you get to just declare some stuff is impractical like all fire skills due to fire immunities in all relevant areas. If you want to only farm P8P1 icy cellar or whatever, then fire druids actually a great build. Rift assassins are a meme build that don't scale past P1 in any area. Just look at the relative damage outputs. A fire druid can have 6800 damage fissure with -75% resist items / -85% conviction, which shotguns on mobs to hit every monsters in an aoe 5 times per second, and shotguns single targets with firestorm. Absolutely massive damage. Absolutely useless in chaos/baal against unbreakable fire immunes. Meanwhile what does a rift assassin do? 16% chance to cast 200 damage tornados, 20% chance to cast ~380 damage orbs. Whoopdeedoo. Still a lot of cold immunes, all unbreakable, and low damage kicks.

If you're going to evaluate PvM builds by looking at how they do with undergeared / self-found builds, then it changes the calculation once again. You won't have enigma and -25 ravenlore and 11 facets on a druid, you won't have infinity and enigma on a javazon. And in fact, javazons without infinity are actually pretty mediocre, so they go from SSS tier to middlin while blizz sorcs and hammerdins reign #1

yet on this list blizzard is on same level as bone spear and dragon talon lol
Gold: 22,189.49
Sep 16 2021 01:43pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Sep 16 2021 02:33pm)
yet on this list blizzard is on same level as bone spear and dragon talon lol

18k blizz with -275% resists that hits an aoe multiple times, 6.5k bone spears that hit once in a line with no way to reduce magic resist, what's the difference
Gold: 4,826.00
Sep 16 2021 01:47pm
Nova above blizzard and smite c class? No way
Gold: 1,110.00
Sep 16 2021 03:28pm
I gotta agree that rift is shit.

I tried rift first, every1 said it was the way.
It was weak as fuck, it can barely do p1 hell, u need to do it slow and let ur crap ls dmg do a lot of the job.

So i checked some on arreat, checked ias break and ended up with a stormlash'ber', guilly'15ias/23cr', stormshield'15ias/27lr', strings, forti, dual leech, raven, upped gores, dual leech 10cb/20ias gloves, atma ammu, cta 2 + spirit.
6 clean trap sks
8 clean 5@ scs
Torch

Infi might merc

(i optimalised the build later, i used nosferatus and fade in ubers)

This thing melted hell, i later made single player one as well which melted hell at p8..

It was like lvl 82, it had 1700 life WITH bo ^^ almost got 1 tapped 2 time vs meph due to low stack, but it killed all 3 ubers in a few seconds.

So, building this, but swapping ber rune for 15ias/15@ in wep, swapping eni for forti, arach except for vs ubers, more life in charms, higher level, maby more charms as well, then this thing is extreamly strong... 35fcr main side/65fcr cta side.
Gold: 6,930.77
Sep 16 2021 04:16pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 16 Sep 2021 20:01)
Yeah if its strictly PvM, then you get to just declare some stuff is impractical like all fire skills due to fire immunities in all relevant areas. If you want to only farm P8P1 icy cellar or whatever, then fire druids actually a great build. Rift assassins are a meme build that don't scale past P1 in any area. Just look at the relative damage outputs. A fire druid can have 6800 damage fissure with -75% resist items / -85% conviction, which shotguns on mobs to hit every monsters in an aoe 5 times per second, and shotguns single targets with firestorm. Absolutely massive damage. Absolutely useless in chaos/baal against unbreakable fire immunes. Meanwhile what does a rift assassin do? 16% chance to cast 200 damage tornados, 20% chance to cast ~380 damage orbs. Whoopdeedoo. Still a lot of cold immunes, all unbreakable, and low damage kicks.

If you're going to evaluate PvM builds by looking at how they do with undergeared / self-found builds, then it changes the calculation once again. You won't have enigma and -25 ravenlore and 11 facets on a druid, you won't have infinity and enigma on a javazon. And in fact, javazons without infinity are actually pretty mediocre, so they go from SSS tier to middlin while blizz sorcs and hammerdins reign #1

Some builds can lack performance on players 8 yes. I note that for quit a few of my builds like my nova 200 fcr sorc :) The list was more weighed as an overall, with focus on early to end-game, and also fun etc. See start of the video where I talk about that :)

Anyway I could see a fun thing with fire druid on players 8 yes, just sadly so many fire immunes in diablo 2, cant really do chaos runs with the build, which is my prime area to test stuff with.
Gold: 6,930.77
Sep 16 2021 04:18pm
Quote (gel87 @ 16 Sep 2021 23:28)

It was weak as fuck, it can barely do p1 hell, u need to do it slow and let ur crap ls dmg do a lot of the job.

So i checked some on arreat, checked ias break and ended up with a stormlash'ber', guilly'15ias/23cr', stormshield'15ias/27lr', strings, forti, dual leech, raven, upped gores, dual leech 10cb/20ias gloves, atma ammu, cta 2 + spirit.
6 clean trap sks
8 clean 5@ scs
Torch

Infi might merc

(i optimalised the build later, i used nosferatus and fade in ubers)

This thing melted hell, i later made single player one as well which melted hell at p8..

It was like lvl 82, it had 1700 life WITH bo ^^ almost got 1 tapped 2 time vs meph due to low stack, but it killed all 3 ubers in a few seconds.

So, building this, but swapping ber rune for 15ias/15@ in wep, swapping eni for forti, arach except for vs ubers, more life in charms, higher level, maby more charms as well, then this thing is extreamly strong... 35fcr main side/65fcr cta side.

I got another comment that mentioned just a pure dragon talon kicker is maybe better. He didnt think rift assasin was the way to go either?

I guess I could try it, its really just switching out rift runeword, maybe some other items, and then using stormlash :) Build does not change iirc.

Still frozen orb is pretty sick imo, it procs a lot.
Gold: 1,110.00
Sep 16 2021 04:28pm
Quote (Djuntas @ Sep 17 2021 12:18am)
I got another comment that mentioned just a pure dragon talon kicker is maybe better. He didnt think rift assasin was the way to go either?

I guess I could try it, its really just switching out rift runeword, maybe some other items, and then using stormlash :) Build does not change iirc.

Still frozen orb is pretty sick imo, it procs a lot.

Stormlash is 30ias which changes a lot of other items.
It also comes with 33% cb, 1-514 elemental dmg, some nadoes for visual effect and statics to make enemies low for 1 tap death sentries.
Ofc its also socable, which means we can put ias and resists in it as well.

A riftsin usually goes for nightwing, the problem is that then there is no room for the greatest physical helm in pvm ever, the Guilaume. So already here on 2 items we are missing 68% cb and 45ias. And the 1-514 light dmg helps a lot. Thats only 2 items....
Gold: 22,189.49
Sep 16 2021 04:32pm
Quote (Djuntas @ Sep 16 2021 05:16pm)
Some builds can lack performance on players 8 yes. I note that for quit a few of my builds like my nova 200 fcr sorc :) The list was more weighed as an overall, with focus on early to end-game, and also fun etc. See start of the video where I talk about that :)

Anyway I could see a fun thing with fire druid on players 8 yes, just sadly so many fire immunes in diablo 2, cant really do chaos runs with the build, which is my prime area to test stuff with.

Its an issue with all fire chars. Fireball sorcs, fire druids and dragon tail assassins can all get overwhelming damage that instantly kills everything even in P8, but can't touch a venom lord
If it weren't for the fact that chaos/baal are filled with unbreakable immunes, the could be considered as good as hammerdins.
Fire auradins and fire trappers and fire bow zons are all very mediocre before considering how they get stonewalled by immunes, and its significant hampering factor to summon necros spamming CE, which doesn't stop it but loses a ton of damage.

This is a general issue with PvM that limits any tiers. In general and purely in terms of monster resistances and available -% resist skills/gear, Lightning >> poison > magic > cold > physical > fire.
But that doesn't mean every poison char is better than every cold char- poison nova is the only poison skill with high enough DPS and duration to be good.

There are almost zero unbreakable lightning immune normal monsters (just skeleton mages), and when monsters roll random affixes that give them immunities, they prioritize fire > cold > light and can only spawn 2 immunities at once, so even random affixes favor less lightning immunes. There are significant amount of unbreakable poison immune monsters, but ALL monsters and bosses have 0% poison length resistance and -% resist is extremely effective at both reducing resist and increasing duration. There are only a handful of magic immune monsters, but a fair amount with 25-33% magic resist and there's no way to reduce magic resists, so you can't multiply your damage at all. There are a considerable amount of cold immunes and they are almost all unbreakable, but non-immunes are reduced to -100% by cold mastery to double your damage. Almost all mobs have 33-50% resist and only amp/decrep/sanctuary can mitigate that, and some monsters even have blocking enabled, so physical damage is mitigated significantly by monsters. And fire immunity is the most common and has a bunch of unbreakable immunes and they're all over the most critical areas of the game.
Gold: 5,396.01
Sep 16 2021 11:13pm
Quote (Dr_Lecter @ 16 Sep 2021 08:22)
I would have put blizz on S tier.

Same
Gold: 7,665.00
Sep 17 2021 12:05am
Quote (gel87 @ 16 Sep 2021 23:28)

You did something wrong. Ofc that is only P1 build but it melts everything. Did you use blade shield?
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll