d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Fantasy Book Thread.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,796.00
Sep 12 2021 09:43pm
I'm interested in people's favorite fantasy books and series they want to/plan to read. Feel free to link your goodreads if you have one.

I'm currently in between books and trying to find something to read.

My most recent completed series is Art of the Adept - https://www.goodreads.com/series/269818-art-of-the-adept

My current favorite series is Cradle and Stormlight Archives.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Gold: 5,167.74
Sep 13 2021 10:42am
I know you already read these, but for anyone else that's interested:
Harry Potter
Mistborn
The Seven Realms
Dracula
Dragons of Starlight (which is geared more towards teens, but they have a parallel series for adults that I haven't read yet, called Tales of Starlight)
The Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
Rick Riordan (literally, almost anything that man has written)
The Chronicles of Narnia

I would also highly recommend the World of Warcraft novels. I've only read The Rise of the Horde, as well as a few short stories, but I absolutely loved it and want to continue the series. The same goes for League of Legends and the stories of its lore. I have been so invested in reading their short stories (even though many people complain about the lore's consistency), but I've enjoyed gaining new insight into the beautiful, yet complicated, world of Runeterra.
Gold: 396.80
Nov 5 2021 03:58pm
Quote (KittyKatBug @ Sep 13 2021 04:42pm)
I know you already read these, but for anyone else that's interested:
Harry Potter
Mistborn
The Seven Realms
Dracula
Dragons of Starlight (which is geared more towards teens, but they have a parallel series for adults that I haven't read yet, called Tales of Starlight)
The Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
Rick Riordan (literally, almost anything that man has written)
The Chronicles of Narnia

I would also highly recommend the World of Warcraft novels. I've only read The Rise of the Horde, as well as a few short stories, but I absolutely loved it and want to continue the series. The same goes for League of Legends and the stories of its lore. I have been so invested in reading their short stories (even though many people complain about the lore's consistency), but I've enjoyed gaining new insight into the beautiful, yet complicated, world of Runeterra.

Dracula is a fucking slog to get through, no issues with any of the others though!
Gold: 0.00
Jan 1 2022 02:22pm
Wheel of Time and Stormlight archive if you like long epic fantasy series
Gold: 0.00
Jan 24 2022 09:01am
Quote (andyn039 @ Jan 1 2022 10:22pm)
Wheel of Time and Stormlight archive if you like long epic fantasy series

Thank you, I really like it.
Gold: 5,167.74
Jan 25 2022 06:33pm
Quote (nomad92 @ Nov 5 2021 04:58pm)
Dracula is a fucking slog to get through, no issues with any of the others though!

I didn't think Dracula was all that bad. It was required in one of my high school classes, and I was dreading the literary language that most books had from that time, like in Frankenstein, which definitely dragged on for me. Surprisingly, it was almost non-existent and easy to read, and it quickly became one of my overall favorites. (I came close to passing out during the blood transfusion scenes, but that was just because I'm squeamish like that.)
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll