d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Activision-blizzard Hires Controversial Lawfirm
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,050.00
Aug 1 2021 10:46am
Quote (mki @ Jul 30 2021 09:42am)
My worldview is that the world is a pretty messed up place and I don't have enough money to make a real impact, so I try my best to get a handful of people to improve their lives.

My business, at it's peak before the pandemic, only had 12 employees and me, and unfortunately it's scaled down quite a bit right now.

Everyone that I've convinced to eat ribs with a fork and knife actually likes it better that way.

You don't accidentally eat gristle, the bones don't slip out of your hands, and if you have a mustache you don't end up with BBQ sauce all over it (This is a serious problem.)

Also, to be clear: It's a publication, we come up with new stuff every day.

Honestly, I actually would prefer to boycott Blizzard over things like how they ruined WOW.

They did a great job of creating a really fun game and then completely trashed it multiple times.

If the employees are getting mistreated they should just quit. I posted this here just because it's relevant to the forum and I interpreted it as more of "Oh so, they're about to bring the pain to their employees. That will teach them for showing up and working hard."

Some people (especially gamers) misinterpret AB as being a great company to work for and no, it's the typical corporate culture grind.

After working there for years, their employees will sooner or later start to see people go.

Some people will realize the reason that some of them are gone is because they died and it's sad because they never really did anything with their life.

It's like they traded their life away to have a few lines of code in a game or a virtual art asset.

Also: You really need to stop eating with your fingers, it really is super gross. Especially something like ribs. It's definitely broadcasts the message to others that "You are a peon with no self respect."

If I was in a situation where I was surrounded by a group of people eating that way, I would think "Wow these people are low class" and I would get up and abruptly leave.

Typical holier than thou liberal, saving the uneducated masses by telling them how to think and what to do. Whatever would we do without you and your type?

This post was edited by Gilgameshed on Aug 1 2021 10:46am
Gold: 6,523.00
Aug 1 2021 11:15am
Quote (sum182_41 @ 1 Aug 2021 11:42)
That’s bullshit, my retort wasn’t simple misdirection, I was asking you to elaborate on your moral stance and highlighted other issues I felt were abject by comparison.

My moral stance? When you think about morals, what is moral to you?

A company that produces products based upon psychological research into addiction, who then weaponizes that research into products that converted millions of normal people into losers who think that working a fast food job is good enough?

Is that moral to you?

You kind of have to know that after playing those games for awhile, that it's the same thing as being addicted to gambling or drugs.

My moral stance was that I felt that it was a good thing for the world, that a company run by some of the greediest people on the planet, who's goal in life was to turn as many people as they could into junkies and losers, was finally getting what they deserve.

I would short their stock too, but I honestly think it's just too late.

I'll be fair and I'll point out that we have see how this goes, because I confident that they have a good chance to recover from this.

I'm sure they'll just bribe their way out of it like every other company does, so it's not like I expect them to go bankrupt like the Weinstein company or Enron.

Instead of replying about your concern for the well-being of US workers (which at first wasn’t even your point, you stated you didn’t like that Blizzard retained legal representation which had assisted in other immoral cases) you retorted with an excuse about how you’d rather focus on educating people to eat with utensils because that’s easier to advocate for than the ethical treatment of human beings. You then elaborated on your objective superiority and how if you were in power you would execute people for not eating with utensils to instil fear in them and force compliance.

Now you're being totally dishonest. A hypothetical situation was created that will never happen and I was asked what I do would do in that situation.

I'm not a politician, but if you think that's not how they think you're wrong.

Politicians think that your average person is vermin, they're just scum that they have deal with, and they just trick people into voting for them because they want power.

If you're from the US, you're probably not used to it, but there's been a long history of absolute pure scum politicians across the planet.

The concept was somewhat new to the US because the politicians there historically have always done a good job of hiding their hatred of the lower order of society.

Not really since 2016 though and I'm definitely no where near as bad as you think I am, because I'm not out there using my position of power to lie to people because I expect them to die for me...

I would expect people to comply for their own good and avoid death, not expect them to die because I ordered them to. Do you understand the difference?

Don't kid yourself, hatred, power, and greed is what motivates politicians. They're either greedy and hate the weak, or they want power and they hate the greedy.

Personally, I'm just going with the flow, and I know it's wrong to mistreat my employees, so I don't do that.

There's no real point because my company outsources the bulk of the work to the Philippines and when the work comes back from the agency that we work with, we don't get a report about how badly the employees were abused, but I am aware that their salary is only like $300USD/month, so I assume that the working conditions are borderline slave camp.

They're probably catching and cooking up iguanas to eat on their lunch break.

If I was hypothetically a monarch, like was asked, the way it would work is: My subordinates would follow the rules because if they don't, there's a strong possibility that they would get their head removed.

Especially a situation like with covid-19: If they don't want to put a mask on or get vaccinated, that's fine as long as they understand that at some point some of those people are going to be rounded up and publicly mass executed.

What do you think would have been worse in the US; Publicly executing one thousand people for not complying with the mandates so that the rest are too scared not to comply? Or publicly encouraging people to spread a deadly disease that killed 600k+ people, so that their company can get a handout from the government?

That's exactly what happened: Corporate American couldn't be bothered to care and their attitude was "People die all the time and we need ones that haven't died yet to get them back to work."

And people liked it... Some of them actually fought for it... They were lining up to potentially die for some person to profit off of their corpse...

Meanwhile the companies just stuck their hands out and said "Gimmie gimmie gimmie" while they pushed the dead bodies out.

Back to the hypothetical question: If I was a monarch, I would absolutely never allow some peon to infect me with a disease and I would have done the right thing.

If that happened, they would get the Kim Jong-un treatment, where they stand in one spot and get used as target practice for mortar tubes.

If they don't want to comply with the mandates, that's fine, they can just accidentally fall off a building like they do all the time in Russia.

I’ll give you a pass on lithium batteries because they’re more unreasonable to avoid, but you obviously don’t give a fuck about the issues in that industry either, seeing as how callous you’ve been explained yourself to be.

Solid state batteries are coming, right now it's unavoidable.

To be fair: It's not that I don't care, it's that I care more about issues like Montrose Chemical Corp, who dumped 500,000 50-gallon barrels of DDT into the ocean...

The excuse was "the only way to get rid of it is to dilute it." It was cheaper to poison a huge part of the ocean than it was to react it with another chemical to make it safe to store.

You’re a charlatan, and I’m finished discussing anything with you further. Good luck in your future.

A charlatan, Wow. I've been called a lot of things, but I don't think anyone has ever called me that before. Thanks, you too, hopefully you learned something about my perspective (it's far more common than you think it is) and can somehow use that to help yourself.

Gold: 6,523.00
Aug 1 2021 11:20am
Quote (Gilgameshed @ 1 Aug 2021 12:46)
Typical holier than thou liberal, saving the uneducated masses by telling them how to think and what to do. Whatever would we do without you and your type?

I'm not a liberal. I'm not a politician, I am not registered with any political party, and I have no political ambitions.

The entire concept that anybody that you disagree with "must be a liberal" is so totally ignorant that it's hard for me to imagine where you were educated.

Where did you even come up with an idea that stupid?

Gold: 8,355.00
Aug 1 2021 12:14pm
Quote (mki @ 1 Aug 2021 13:20)
I'm not a liberal. I'm not a politician, I am not registered with any political party, and I have no political ambitions.

The entire concept that anybody that you disagree with "must be a liberal" is so totally ignorant that it's hard for me to imagine where you were educated.

The labels are irrelevant, but you are quite clearly authoritarian in your thinking. Some people believe in more government, and some in less. You will always be fighting against those who want less, which is at least half the country.
Gold: 50,282.69
Aug 1 2021 01:16pm
Quote (mki @ Aug 1 2021 07:20pm)

Its not his idea, it can be considered a slur at this point
Its something that trump supporters keep repeating whenever they find someone they disagree with
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 1 2021 01:24pm
Quote (Ognadibik @ Aug 1 2021 12:16pm)
Its not his idea, it can be considered a slur at this point
Its something that trump supporters keep repeating whenever they find someone they disagree with

I support trump
Gold: 50,282.69
Aug 1 2021 01:36pm
Quote (robbhc @ Aug 1 2021 09:24pm)
I support trump

We all know that, even without you declaring it, its enough to read any of your posts
Gold: 39.00
Aug 1 2021 01:44pm
Quote (mki @ Jul 31 2021 05:24pm)
First of all: The attitude that 'somebody has to do it,' is total BS. That's something that some massively corrupt employer says to dismiss one of their workers like a servant.

Nobody has to do anything. Period.

If I were to say something like "You just have to work hard and you can have anything you want in life," to somebody, that's just me brushing them away because they stink and I don't want them around me.

Obviously that's not how anything works and there's millions of people who worked their whole lives and had nothing to show for it.

As far as the fast food workers: Look, that's a terrible situation to be in and they need to get out of it as soon as possible.

They should realize that they're going to have to do something they don't want to do one way or another.

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it must be, for a person who is like 30 years old and is still working fast food, when people they went to high school show up to buy a bag of puke burgers for their dog.

I'm personally too embarrassed to even go into one, that's why they have the drive through, and I refuse to do that.

I definitely do not want to go inside and have to deal with some junkie face to face.

Strange, people seem to really like Elon Musk and the main thing the guy is doing is replacing jobs with robots.

But hey, he 5Xed the money I invested in his company, so I'm definitely not going say anything bad about him.

I'm pretty sure that if I 5Xed your money, you would be telling me about how wonderful of a person I am and thank Jesus that somebody like me has the balls to do it.

I got made fun of pretty bad in high school and have slowly been making sure those people are 100% aware of the fact that they're total losers and did absolutely jack squat with their lives.

So, I got mine, and they got screwed. Sounds like a happy ending to me.

I honestly think you need help sir, and some humbling.

Maybe try some of that toad venom Mike Tyson is always talking about.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 1 2021 01:50pm
Quote (Ognadibik @ Aug 1 2021 12:36pm)
We all know that, even without you declaring it, its enough to read any of your posts

I’m actually not from that country.
Apparently I support goof ex-drama teachers..
I don’t actually know if you bring anything more to the table, there bud.

So you should simmer the fuck down. I understand your impatient for d2r like all of us
Gold: 5.00
Aug 1 2021 02:24pm
OP needs to get fitted for a clown suit.

Guy is more concerned about people eating with their hands than whether people can eat at all.

This post was edited by Doggyfood on Aug 1 2021 02:29pm
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll