d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Dune
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,362.83
Warn: 50%
Jul 25 2021 07:32pm
Quote (Awoudex @ Jul 23 2021 05:43am)
will it go the ghostbuster way or will it be well received???

Depends on wether they lace the story with super woke political bullshit or keep to the spirit of the original books...

The wokeness willl be there, no need to lie to ourselves
Jul 25 2021 07:32pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 25 2021 04:09pm)
Started reading the books recently since I’d never made it through then before. Hoping the movie is entertaining, but the first 100 pages have been holy fucking painful boring thus far, so not sure how the movie will stay faithful and still be a blockbuster. Meaning you’ll piss off a lot of people either way.

I’m exited nonetheless, I enjoyed the old cheesy movie and always wondered what they could do with a proper remake.

E: I hadn’t seen that trailer yet, shit looks fantastic.

That’s just cause 80% of moves are dogshit lol. They always try to make trailers look entertaining, but the trailers for great and bad movies can both look amazing. Take the Departed or Dark Knight, I knew instantly that I needed to see those off the trailers. Then take like Robin Hood from Ridley Scott and it was the same thing, but the latter sucked lol

Keep reading it’s really good
Jul 25 2021 07:36pm
Black guy with blue eyes was dumb, the people would be one race, bcuz that’s what happens to an isolated population over time, they become a race. Also eyes weren’t blue enough, supposed to be blue within blue, like original movie, or like book explains
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2021 10:18pm
Quote (xADxTheRamones @ Jul 26 2021 12:30am)
That’s lame. The spice extends life.

Btw love the Dune books. My fav acid i series. The original movie was great as well IMO

Thx for letting me know what spice did, all i ever saw was fat guys sweating talking about spice in the original movie and i was always trippin when i watched it, 100 yrs ago.
Jul 25 2021 11:24pm
Quote (Cbramgar @ Jul 25 2021 08:18pm)
Thx for letting me know what spice did, all i ever saw was fat guys sweating talking about spice in the original movie and i was always trippin when i watched it, 100 yrs ago.

It extends life and increases brain power, both temporary brain power and long term/permanent intelligence boost. It’s addicting though, and if your body is reliant on it you can die from not having your fix. It takes a lot of evolutionary pressure to make blue eyes, and the spice will make blue eyes even bluer. That’s why the fremen had those glowy blue eyes in the movie. Also spice is required for fast space travel. Those mutant looking things in the huge fish bowl looking things, that water in there bowl is filled with spice. They used to be human but they mutated after living a crazy long time, and now require spice fish bowls to live in. They use the spice and there evolved brains to both fold space(it would take way too long to get anywhere traveling at there speed of light, space folding is required to move about the known universe) and also for plotting the complex course/avoiding hitting any type of space debris which would be fatal. The spacing guild aka guild of navigators aka fish bowl mutants, has a monopoly on space travel, and therefor are much more powerful than say the ruler of a planet, or even the emperor(he’s the ruler of all the planetary rulers), that’s why they threaten him with spending his life in a pain amplifier(imagine the worst possible pain, physically and mentally, and then experiencing that for all eternity, as the machine keeps you alive while it tortures you), and he didn’t say shit back, bcuz he can’t even move his armies without the spacing guilds help.

Only Paul Muad’dib is more powerful than them, as he has there powers plus more, but isn’t stuck in a fish tank, and he takes over the spice flow, which allows him to eventually become *spoilers* the god empower of the known universe *end spoilers*. He didn’t need to mutate over time to have his super abilities, bcuz he is the Quizatch Hadderatch, aka pretty much a perfect being, the product of 10s of thousands of years of selective breeding, and he is the only man to consume the waters of life and live.(it’s like a super spice made from the worms, you have to use your mental powers to make it not kill you when you take it)

Also they can’t use AI for space travel planning and shot bcuz thinking Machines have been outlawed for 10,000s years due to a war between machines and man, where humanity was almost wiped out, and the earth was destroyed. That’s why they now train there mind and use mental enhancement instead of AI so that never happens again. Humans only even survived due to some machine/human hybrids turning traitor, and helping man.
Jul 26 2021 12:33am
Quote (xADxTheRamones @ Jul 26 2021 04:24am)
It extends life and increases brain power, both temporary brain power and long term/permanent intelligence boost. It’s addicting though, and if your body is reliant on it you can die from not having your fix. It takes a lot of evolutionary pressure to make blue eyes, and the spice will make blue eyes even bluer. That’s why the fremen had those glowy blue eyes in the movie. Also spice is required for fast space travel. Those mutant looking things in the huge fish bowl looking things, that water in there bowl is filled with spice. They used to be human but they mutated after living a crazy long time, and now require spice fish bowls to live in. They use the spice and there evolved brains to both fold space(it would take way too long to get anywhere traveling at there speed of light, space folding is required to move about the known universe) and also for plotting the complex course/avoiding hitting any type of space debris which would be fatal. The spacing guild aka guild of navigators aka fish bowl mutants, has a monopoly on space travel, and therefor are much more powerful than say the ruler of a planet, or even the emperor(he’s the ruler of all the planetary rulers), that’s why they threaten him with spending his life in a pain amplifier(imagine the worst possible pain, physically and mentally, and then experiencing that for all eternity, as the machine keeps you alive while it tortures you), and he didn’t say shit back, bcuz he can’t even move his armies without the spacing guilds help.

Only Paul Muad’dib is more powerful than them, as he has there powers plus more, but isn’t stuck in a fish tank, and he takes over the spice flow, which allows him to eventually become *spoilers* the god empower of the known universe *end spoilers*. He didn’t need to mutate over time to have his super abilities, bcuz he is the Quizatch Hadderatch, aka pretty much a perfect being, the product of 10s of thousands of years of selective breeding, and he is the only man to consume the waters of life and live.(it’s like a super spice made from the worms, you have to use your mental powers to make it not kill you when you take it)

Also they can’t use AI for space travel planning and shot bcuz thinking Machines have been outlawed for 10,000s years due to a war between machines and man, where humanity was almost wiped out, and the earth was destroyed. That’s why they now train there mind and use mental enhancement instead of AI so that never happens again. Humans only even survived due to some machine/human hybrids turning traitor, and helping man.

thus the spice girls were created
Jul 26 2021 12:58am
Quote (Cbramgar @ Jul 25 2021 10:33pm)
thus the spice girls were created

And with there awesome super powers Blossum, Bubbles, and Buttercup...
Jul 26 2021 03:19am
Quote (xADxTheRamones @ Jul 26 2021 05:58am)
And with there awesome super powers Blossum, Bubbles, and Buttercup...

ill def watch it, Bautista hasn't been in a bad movie yet. him and the rock are the best wrestler actors of all time. Cuz Hulk and the others were so bad it was comedy, including Cena on the bad ones.

thx for all the info so i dont have to google anything, i just literally only remember fat sweaty guys talking about spice for hours on end in the original, and i was talking about the spice girls band which is my favorite band of all time!
Gold: 13,563.06
Jul 26 2021 10:25pm
I don't know anything at all about Dune except David Bowie was in the 80s version.

Anyone able to give a cliff notes version of the plot?
Jul 26 2021 10:31pm
Quote (Cbramgar @ Jul 26 2021 01:19am)
ill def watch it, Bautista hasn't been in a bad movie yet. him and the rock are the best wrestler actors of all time. Cuz Hulk and the others were so bad it was comedy, including Cena on the bad ones.

thx for all the info so i dont have to google anything, i just literally only remember fat sweaty guys talking about spice for hours on end in the original, and i was talking about the spice girls band which is my favorite band of all time!

Np and I knew who you were talking about ;)
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll