d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Jrue Holiday
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 24 2021 12:52pm
Quote (SSBBWGiantessLover @ Sep 24 2021 02:23pm)
the Bucks are kinda built like the big 4 Celtics were

Giannis - supercharged KG with less shooting touch but more dominant inside
Middleton - Ray Allen
Holiday - bigger Rondo

Middleton was more of the Paul Pierce than Ray Allen.

go-to guy in the big moments when they needed a bucket, creating his own shot, etc.
Gold: 23.00
Sep 24 2021 02:06pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 24 2021 11:04am)
I'm sorry, what!?!? You trolling today, or? :huh:

Jrue is the definition of elite defensively, the best defender at his position for years now. Dude is an absolute elite defensive menace guarding 1's and 2's.

He never had a season over a 0.9 DBPM.....

Players like CP3 and Kidd have had seasons with 3+ DBPM.....
Sep 24 2021 02:30pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Sep 24 2021 04:06pm)
He never had a season over a 0.9 DBPM.....

Players like CP3 and Kidd have had seasons with 3+ DBPM.....

DBPM is a terrible gauge for guards defense, and it's a box score stat. It also favors guys that can rebound AND be playmakers. The creator of the stat himself said the assists and rebounds factor was weighted too much.

To put it into perspective, Klay Thompson has a career -1 DBPM. He has been in the NEGATIVES every season of his career, while Steph Curry is usually in the positive (career 0.3 DBPM). If that doesn't tell you how useless it is then idk what does.

Sep 24 2021 02:36pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 24 2021 01:52pm)
Middleton was more of the Paul Pierce than Ray Allen.

go-to guy in the big moments when they needed a bucket, creating his own shot, etc.

yea I hesitated to make a Pierce comparison because Pierce could lock down a teams best scorer when he wanted to
Sep 24 2021 02:38pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 24 2021 04:30pm)
DBPM is a terrible gauge for guards defense, and it's a box score stat. It also favors guys that can rebound AND be playmakers. The creator of the stat himself said the assists and rebounds factor was weighted too much.

To put it into perspective, Klay Thompson has a career -1 DBPM. He has been in the NEGATIVES every season of his career, while Steph Curry is usually in the positive (career 0.3 DBPM). If that doesn't tell you how useless it is then idk what does.

Klay is super overrated defensively....what is your point.

Both have shit dRtg too.

Jrue is nowhere near the two way player Kidd or Cp3 were. Not even in the same universe.

This post was edited by fuzzy159 on Sep 24 2021 02:45pm
Sep 24 2021 03:03pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Sep 24 2021 04:38pm)
Klay is super overrated defensively....what is your point.

Both have shit dRtg too.

Jrue is nowhere near the two way player Kidd or Cp3 were. Not even in the same universe.

My point was it's a HORRIBLE defensive metric for guards in the NBA. Klay was terrific defensively for the Warriors during their run of greatness, and Steph was never even remotely on his level defensively. The fact that you're seeing Steph with a higher DBPM every season is enough proof of how irrelevant it is for guards (hence the weight of assists that play a part in it).

The eye test also doesn't fail, everyone knows Jrue Holiday is absolutely lockdown and has been criminally underrated most of his career as a two-way player. Last year KD called Jrue the best defensive guard in the NBA. I watched CP3 his entire career, I think he's the best pure point guard in NBA history skill wise. I've also watched Jrue closely his entire career, since he was with the Sixers. Jrue is as good as they come defensively and he can put up 20/6/5 while doing it.

As good as Jrue is, people had the nerve to act like Giannis did it by himself this past season rofl. As if Middleton and Jrue didn't play a huge part. Let's just say this....they'd have never won if they still had Bledsoe instead of Jrue.

This post was edited by Sixers on Sep 24 2021 03:03pm
Sep 24 2021 03:13pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 24 2021 04:03pm)
My point was it's a HORRIBLE defensive metric for guards in the NBA. Klay was terrific defensively for the Warriors during their run of greatness, and Steph was never even remotely on his level defensively. The fact that you're seeing Steph with a higher DBPM every season is enough proof of how irrelevant it is for guards (hence the weight of assists that play a part in it).

The eye test also doesn't fail, everyone knows Jrue Holiday is absolutely lockdown and has been criminally underrated most of his career as a two-way player. Last year KD called Jrue the best defensive guard in the NBA. I watched CP3 his entire career, I think he's the best pure point guard in NBA history skill wise. I've also watched Jrue closely his entire career, since he was with the Sixers. Jrue is as good as they come defensively and he can put up 20/6/5 while doing it.

As good as Jrue is, people had the nerve to act like Giannis did it by himself this past season rofl. As if Middleton and Jrue didn't play a huge part. Let's just say this....they'd have never won if they still had Bledsoe instead of Jrue.

What is true is Giannis did it without another top 15 player as a sidekick, which is pretty rare in the last 20 years
Gold: 13,805.00
Sep 24 2021 03:21pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 24 2021 02:03pm)

Damn imagine if Sixers had Jrue instead of that other dude
Sep 24 2021 03:44pm
Quote (SSBBWGiantessLover @ Sep 24 2021 05:13pm)
What is true is Giannis did it without another top 15 player as a sidekick, which is pretty rare in the last 20 years

He did it with two top 25 players. Seems pretty reasonable.

Sep 24 2021 04:58pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 24 2021 05:03pm)

Opinions vs Facts son.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll