d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Drug Store In Another World
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 27 2021 03:16am
Quote (Insaneqwak48 @ Jul 31 2021 03:36pm)
Isn't that most anime i mean i've only watched dbz so idk

Most shows utilize the 20 minutes for a continuous story
This show is basically 3 short stories that are 5-7 minutes long that don't necessarily have any plot to follow, put together for a full episode length
Short story based anime don't often get full anime length episodes, but are usually just seasons with separate 2-6 min length episodes
These can be enjoyable shows, but often lack plot, connection, and world building - it's usually just a cute or interesting show without much development

Early in the story, it didn't feel like the short stories had any connection
Later, they started building up more on the previous customers in the story and showing some connections, which a lot of other short story based anime fail to do
I do enjoy watching short series, so this didn't bother me from the start - but short series anime often get a bunch of negative reviews and low ratings by others

Of the 17+ series I've started watching since this season started, this one is ranked the lowest
I personally think it's underrated, as most short series are, and I am enjoying the show
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll