d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Native Americans
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 138.69
Jun 17 2021 06:52am
Quote (microdoodle @ Jun 17 2021 03:41am)
iq is a relic of reductionist science and isn't real

IQ may not be exactly what we think it to be but, it's still real and the tests are still good predictors of potential.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 17 2021 07:05am
Quote (Cannabist @ Jun 17 2021 07:52am)
IQ may not be exactly what we think it to be but, it's still real and the tests are still good predictors of potential.

Except they really aren't.

The data sets showing is as a predictor of potential haven't been able to meaningfully separate out things like parental income. The test often touted as the proof IQ makes predictions on outcomes is the army iq tests conducted in the second world war. Except it wasn't an iq test and explicitly included parental income as one if the metrics used in the iq transformation.

The more you look into IQ as a science the more you find that even if it exists psychologists and psychometric scientists have utterly failed to show anything about it. The literature is utterly riddled with circular logic and poor methodology.

IQ might exist and might predict your "potential" in some abstract sense, but success in your life is overshadowed by far larger factors. Your parent's income is massively larger of a contributing factor, as is the zip code you grew up in. So unless your IQ difference is massive, like the difference between 80 and 120, there are likely far more important factors to your success.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jun 17 2021 07:10am
Jun 17 2021 07:18am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 17 2021 08:05am)
Except they really aren't.

The data sets showing is as a predictor of potential haven't been able to meaningfully separate out things like parental income. The test often touted as the proof IQ makes predictions on outcomes is the army iq tests conducted in the second world war. Except it wasn't an iq test and explicitly included parental income as one if the metrics used in the iq transformation.

The more you look into IQ as a science the more you find that even if it exists psychologists and psychometric scientists have utterly failed to show anything about it. The literature is utterly riddled with circular logic and poor methodology.

IQ might exist and might predict your "potential" in some abstract sense, but success in your life is overshadowed by far larger factors. Your parent's income is massively larger of a contributing factor, as is the zip code you grew up in. So unless your IQ difference is massive, like the difference between 80 and 120, there are likely far more important factors to your success.

My statement is accurate. Like it or lump it but I don't give a fuck about woke brigade logic.
Jun 17 2021 07:22am
Quote (Cannabist @ Jun 17 2021 08:18am)
My statement is accurate. Like it or lump it but I don't give a fuck about woke brigade logic.

:rofl:

I love when right wingers just shout "damn lefties REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" when confronted with facts and logic.

Facts don't care about your feelings, and the fact is that the science behind IQ Is utter garbage and fails at basic rigor because psychology as a whole trains poor scientists.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jun 17 2021 07:23am
Jun 17 2021 07:29am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 17 2021 08:22am)

I love when right wingers just shout "damn lefties REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" when confronted with facts and logic.

Facts don't care about your feelings, and the fact is that the science behind IQ Is utter garbage and fails at basic rigor because psychology as a whole trains poor scientists.

Full of assumptions just because I don't like woke BS. Talk about reeee 🙄
Jun 17 2021 07:31am
Quote (Cannabist @ Jun 17 2021 08:29am)
Full of assumptions just because I don't like woke BS. Talk about reeee 🙄

Tell me what part you specifically think is an assumption, and bold the exact part of my posts that are "woke BS".

because it seems like you just got triggered that I disagreed and used "woke" as a way to dismiss it without having to think.
Jun 17 2021 07:36am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 17 2021 08:31am)
Tell me what part you specifically think is an assumption, and bold the exact part of my posts that are "woke BS".

because it seems like you just got triggered that I disagreed and used "woke" as a way to dismiss it without having to think.

You started with one.

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jun 17 2021 08:22am)

I love when right wingers just shout

And I don't necessarily associate "lefties" with the woke crowd.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 17 2021 04:39pm

(please note down op is fucking disgusting)

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jun 17 2021 04:46pm
Gold: 268.15
Jun 17 2021 05:35pm
Quote (UmadLoL @ Jun 17 2021 01:27pm)
I am Native American and I am a CNC aerospace machinist working on Blue Origin parts. Boeing sends my company the parts their dumbfuck machinists cannot figure out. You can suck my Native American dick.

You natives are a little sensitive. I didn't mean to hurt you.
Please, don't be vulgar.

Most people around there know I like natives, and I miss Beowulf, thats why I created this topic.

I've known for a long time that natives are very smart, and their high IQ is just one of the many markers.
And I naively thought that they were very carrierists, a bit like the Ashkenazi.
I recently found out that this is not the case, and it is to your credit.

But suddenly, I'm a little worried about your future. You seem really few in number, and recent discoveries have shown that you are faced with dangerous groups.

I really like your culture, and I think it should continue to exist.

My concern was a compliment, but you missed it.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 17 2021 05:37pm
Quote (Chevaucheur @ Jun 17 2021 06:35pm)
You natives are a little sensitive. I didn't mean to hurt you.
Please, don't be vulgar.

Most people around there know I like natives, and I miss Beowulf, thats why I created this topic.

I've known for a long time that natives are very smart, and their high IQ is just one of the many markers.
And I naively thought that they were very carrierists, a bit like the Ashkenazi.
I recently found out that this is not the case, and it is to your credit.

But suddenly, I'm a little worried about your future. You seem really few in number, and recent discoveries have shown that you are faced with dangerous groups.

I really like your culture, and I think it should continue to exist.

My concern was a compliment, but you missed it.

Ur just now aware natives are low in number?

1800 called, it wants its bombshells back
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll