d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > I Am A Bit Scared
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 41,500.00
Jun 14 2021 08:30pm
Isn't anyone scared about this topic? https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=85106483&f=384
Gold: 7.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 14 2021 08:40pm
Quote (TheEndOfTimes @ Jun 14 2021 10:30pm)
Isn't anyone scared about this topic? https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=85106483&f=384

I bought a 3k$ computer last year I’ll be fine
Gold: 41,500.00
Jun 14 2021 08:44pm
Quote (fearoftdark @ Jun 14 2021 10:40pm)
I bought a 3k$ computer last year I’ll be fine

LOL
Gold: 0.00
Jun 14 2021 09:14pm
Quote (Dazer_Boosting @ Jun 14 2021 09:03pm)
… that the game wont have a great release :(

In August is the first real stress test via open beta.
And few weeks later the official release in september already.

We just tested first 2 of the 5 acts and only 3 of the 7 chars yet.
Even with the coming beta we just get 5 of 7 chars.

I be honest i feel like the beta will have few more problems as they maybe expect (like the alpha) and this means they just have a small timeframe to fix these until release. I would feel much better if the beta would come sooner and we as a community could give them way more feedback, so they got more time to check feedback and fix issues.

Am i the only sceptic guy about it after these announcements :(?

Lets pray for a gg game :hail:

I don’t really understand your basis for concern tbh.

The public alpha and public beta tests are to find quirky bugs, gather some player feedback, stress test servers and get exposure for the game. Teams of developers and testers deal with the major issues internally, in closed alpha and beta development. Whether you and I get to see all 5 acts before release isn’t really relevant to the game’s success.

What leads you to believe they discovered more bugs in alpha than they anticipated? From their own interviews post alpha it’s seems the biggest ongoing issue is fine tuning controller movements and clipping that occurs with the environment without clicking a grid square and the game guiding your character around obstacles. I’m also guessing with the Switch not appearing to support 8 player co-op they have been putting considerable work into console compatibility and have been trying to get the weak internals of the Switch to handle the load of the game with seemingly no luck.

Nothing suggests player reported bugs from public alpha overwhelmed them at all. They have averaged 15 builds compiled per day based on the assets they’ve uploaded to battle.net, several weeks before public alpha, and that average has not fluctuated since. More “vendor” releases than “dev” releases suggests their focus has been on hardware compatibility.

Finally, they’re releasing the game three months earlier than their original anticipated release date. Doesn’t sound like they’re falling apart at the seams trying to fixing massive game breaking issues.

The reality is, while your input during beta will be gathered and may be glanced over, they’re not making huge game altering decisions based on what you or I think during public beta; they’re stress testing their servers. If everyone bitches about and hates something trivial like a spell animation, equipment colour or something like that then they have the ability to patch really vocally hated shit later on. If you think the whole game sucks because your Shako is too green, or the Amazon looks too stoic, then maybe you’re splitting hairs. Game looks pretty good so far IMO.

This post was edited by sum182_41 on Jun 14 2021 09:18pm
Gold: 1,149.55
Jun 14 2021 09:29pm
It’ll be fine :)
September 23 is better than later. As long as my lvl 1 Sorc start mfing and lvling I’m good to go!
Gold: 50,823.16
Jun 15 2021 03:11am
they probably had MrLlama do the testing already
we will see
Gold: 34,540.00
Jun 15 2021 03:18am
Quote (fearoftdark @ Jun 15 2021 12:41pm)
They never fix anything important anyway. The alpha and beta are a formality just to see if there are huge technical problems that could cost them potential lawsuits.

You can bet your ass there will be load screens, shako will be lime green wether you like it or not. Amazon’s gonna look like your dad and 21:9 blizzard sorc will rule.

But it’s diablo 2 so we’re gonna play the crap out of it anyway

Im all for dadzon
Gold: 5.00
Jun 15 2021 08:24am
Quote (fearoftdark @ Jun 14 2021 09:41pm)
They never fix anything important anyway. The alpha and beta are a formality just to see if there are huge technical problems that could cost them potential lawsuits.

You can bet your ass there will be load screens, shako will be lime green wether you like it or not. Amazon’s gonna look like your dad and 21:9 blizzard sorc will rule.

But it’s diablo 2 so we’re gonna play the crap out of it anyway

Alpha and beta are bugfixing sessions to create the minimum viable product. Getting the product out the door on time is more important than the product being finished. Day 1 patches are the norm for games these days.

Be glad that most companies don’t rely entirely on internal testing anymore and crowdsource their test phase through betas and early access models.
Gold: 3,321.00
Jun 15 2021 10:01am
Bro its a graphics makeover they aren't changing game mechanics or anything. Literally an overlay..... So it's dependent on Blizzard servers like any other release. Timeframe has nothing to do with this.
Gold: 5.00
Jun 15 2021 10:17am
Quote (shootfirst1 @ Jun 15 2021 12:01pm)
Bro its a graphics makeover they aren't changing game mechanics or anything. Literally an overlay..... So it's dependent on Blizzard servers like any other release. Timeframe has nothing to do with this.

ATM the game will let you put invalid items in the larzuk socket interface and hit socket if you’re using the tools we’re not supposed to name. That was supposed to have been removed in 1.11 to stop a rollback method.

So yeah evidently it’s more than just a graphics update because it’s not even using all of the patches. It’ll be interesting to see what else slips through the beta without getting fixed. I’m ready to start aura stacking again
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll